testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Just called in to check, said replacement should ship out today (broken one arrived at Springfield Feb 14th), so hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, and will know in a month or two if its going to work.

Monday update, still don't have it, called in, they sent me tracking, sent via some oddball smartpost shipping, I'm a 3 hour drive from Geneseo, yet a week later my package is now 6 hours away, in the other direction and sitting there since last Wednesday. I'm not very impressed with the warranty process, the delay waiting for new optics I understand, but when your late already cutting corners on shipping isn't a smart way to do business.

Monday update, still don't have it, called in, they sent me tracking, sent via some oddball smartpost shipping, I'm a 3 hour drive from Geneseo, yet a week later my package is now 6 hours away, in the other direction and sitting there since last Wednesday. I'm not very impressed with the warranty process, the delay waiting for new optics I understand, but when your late already cutting corners on shipping isn't a smart way to do business.
Smart post is USPS and I wouldn’t ship a package of cow pies to a fertilizer company using them. Unfortunately once it leave’s the shippers hand it’s out of their control.

Smart post is USPS and I wouldn’t ship a package of cow pies to a fertilizer company using them. Unfortunately once it leave’s the shippers hand it’s out of their control.

I looked it up its actually its worse than that, its Fedex with a handoff to USPS, and each side hates it and treats it accordingly. Mine's still in the Fedex side, haven't even started the USPS nightmare.

I still blame Springfield, its no secret its a price only shipping service with POOR service and price was more important to them than quality.

I haven't had an issue with either. I guess I'm lucky that in my area & lower population size that the handoff is fairly local & nearby.

I have more issues with some vendors on the west coast that send packages that end up on the east coast then I watch the tracking work their way back in a haphazard manner at times.

I looked it up its actually its worse than that, its Fedex with a handoff to USPS, and each side hates it and treats it accordingly. Mine's still in the Fedex side, haven't even started the USPS nightmare.

I still blame Springfield, its no secret its a price only shipping service with POOR service and price was more important to them than quality.
Just a couple months ago I ordered 2 powder hoppers for one of my loading presses from a vendor on one of the I-net sites with a promised delivery of 3-4 days. I had an occasion coming up where I would be needing many more rounds loaded than I was capable of doing with the equipment I was using at the time and so needed to speed up production. After 8+/- days with no hoppers I emailed them and was told they were on the way on this "Smartpost" system. Then after 12 days and still no hoppers, I emailed again and was told they were very sorry for the poor service, but could not even put in a claim until 15 days. NOTE: At either point the vendor could have sent me another 2 hoppers and then dealt with the USPS themselves and their customer (me) would have been much happier and far more satisfied. And for that reason I find the vendor as much at fault as the 'Smartpost' service.

Well, on day 15 the vendor reportedly filed a claim and though I don't know what their outcome was, they notified me they would send me out a second set of 2 of the hoppers I had ordered. That made me even madder than I was already when they could have just as easily sent the second set out after my first email instead of 1/2 month later. Somebody in their customer service group deserves a big kick in the azz for treating a customer the way they did.

At any rate, in about 3-4 days (total now of about 19-20 days I received the second set of the 2 hoppers. Thought that was the end of it ............. but then ................. at about day 31 the original 2 hoppers were delivered. I emailed the vendor to tell them I had finally received the original 2 hoppers and had already used the second set of 2, so what should I do with the originals. I was expecting them to say for me to ship them back, but they didn't. They told me to "just keep them". Well, I appreciated the gesture even though I didn't need any additional hoppers, but I put them away for a later day.

And there is no way, no day, in this world I would have ever shipped them to anybody anywhere, and most definitely on my dime. If they had sent someone to my house and packaged them up and put the shipping label on the box it would have gone out, but that's the only way.

I not only found out about a pizz-poor shipping method apparently being used more than I realized, but also learned of a vendor who if ever I order from again will have to verify they are NOT using 'Smartpost'!!!!!!

One thing . As I said.Im on day 23 of 2nd battery.I did notice last night that the red dot is now auto adjusting.Which it did not do when first used.Maybe the red dot gremilins are working on it.
I have had mine for almost a year, same battery and it auto dims. I don’t use it as I took it off my Hellcat, old school here, fixed sights for me, I just left battery in it to see how long it did last

I have had mine for almost a year, same battery and it auto dims. I don’t use it as I took it off my Hellcat, old school here, fixed sights for me, I just left battery in it to see how long it did last
Just introduced myself to the red dot system.Have it on my saint 5.56 pistol & it seems to help me with target acquisition. The eyes arent what they were when we shot with iron sights at 500 yards at camp Matthews in 63. Maybe it's just in my head,but the red dot seems to help

All three of mine auto dimmed. I verified it several times. Though the newest one is slower to respond to light level changes. But not really SLOOOW...what used to be less than a seconds response time, is now just a second or a bit longer. So, might that be a good sign? I hope so! People are blaming the battery and, not dimming correctly. The battery cannot be the issue in a problem so wide spread. The dimming is rather gradual, you need to pay attention while going through at least three different light intensity changes. (EDIT, two light changes, for three brightness levels.)
There is something else going on. When LED flashlights fist became popular, "THE" feature to have was a chip, or circuit board to regulate the power output from the battery. Not many of the early ones had it. The difference between a $20 light and a $200 light! I suspect that there is something along the lines of a bad voltage regulator, rather than a defective photo-sensor.

Just introduced myself to the red dot system.Have it on my saint 5.56 pistol & it seems to help me with target acquisition. The eyes arent what they were when we shot with iron sights at 500 yards at camp Matthews in 63. Maybe it's just in my head,but the red dot seems to help
Lots of guys love the red dot, I just can’t get used to using one myself, in my 30+ years shooting I have gotten used to iron sights, on a side note, yea, my eyes ain’t what they used to be, probably should get glasses though as my wife keeps telling me….lol

Lots of guys love the red dot, I just can’t get used to using one myself, in my 30+ years shooting I have gotten used to iron sights, on a side note, yea, my eyes ain’t what they used to be, probably should get glasses though as my wife keeps telling me….lol
As I have gone so long now without the sight on the Hellcat (It took me quite a while to learn to find the dot reasonably quickly), I too am liking the exceptional "irons" on the Hellcat...again! I have found them to be the best of any stock sights on my many handguns. I have started putting similar (half round rear, rather than square notch) sights on several others. Very fast target acquisition and seems to be as accurate, or more so, than all others I have experience with.

As I have gone so long now without the sight on the Hellcat (It took me quite a while to learn to find the dot reasonably quickly), I too am liking the exceptional "irons" on the Hellcat...again! I have found them to be the best of any stock sights on my many handguns. I have started putting similar (half round rear, rather than square notch) sights on several others. Very fast target acquisition and seems to be as accurate, or more so, than all others I have experience with.
Yea, those U rear sights are great, my new XDm Elite Compact also has it, seems like I can get my sight picture somewhat faster even with my old eyes

Back