testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Lots of guys love the red dot, I just can’t get used to using one myself, in my 30+ years shooting I have gotten used to iron sights, on a side note, yea, my eyes ain’t what they used to be, probably should get glasses though as my wife keeps telling me….lol
Yea, thats one of my reasons for going red dot. My eyes are not what was. I'm 63 so started shooting red dot. Getting good at it. Picking up my target quikly. Takes practice.

Yea, thats one of my reasons for going red dot. My eyes are not what was. I'm 63 so started shooting red dot. Getting good at it. Picking up my target quikly. Takes practice.
My eyes are worse than they were when I was young, but primarily only where reading is concerned. I prefer irons on pistols, but I have screwed an optic on damn near every long gun or shotgun I own.

I haven't had an issue with either. I guess I'm lucky that in my area & lower population size that the handoff is fairly local & nearby.

I have more issues with some vendors on the west coast that send packages that end up on the east coast then I watch the tracking work their way back in a haphazard manner at times.
Whats up these days with delivery ? We have things that are suppose to come fedx,ups etc and wind up being handed off to usps or someone else.I live in an over 50 community & we have deliveries coming & going all day.In every shape & form of truck or car.some are marked & some not..We have a guy with a pickup truck full of stuff.go through daily.Just a load of packages thrown in the back of his 85 ford pickup.Runs up to the door,drops the package & off he goes

Whats up these days with delivery ? We have things that are suppose to come fedx,ups etc and wind up being handed off to usps or someone else.I live in an over 50 community & we have deliveries coming & going all day.In every shape & form of truck or car.some are marked & some not..We have a guy with a pickup truck full of stuff.go through daily.Just a load of packages thrown in the back of his 85 ford pickup.Runs up to the door,drops the package & off he goes
USPS is the worst. then fed ex, best is UPS imo

They all have their issues but I’d take usps over fed ex any day. In my experience fed ex will eff something up every time.
I won’t ship FedEx or USPS, if I send something to anyone anywhere it’s UPS. Unfortunately shippers are using FedEx and with now the advent of
(Smart Post) both Amazon and FedEx are using the USPS for final delivery. I agree it’s created a nightmare for tracking packages.

I won’t ship FedEx or USPS, if I send something to anyone anywhere it’s UPS. Unfortunately shippers are using FedEx and with now the advent of
(Smart Post) both Amazon and FedEx are using the USPS for final delivery. I agree it’s created a nightmare for tracking packages.
Hello springfield family. We know some carriers are bad by now. Can we possibly stick to battery drainage issues with the wasp. I think we are getting off track a bit..lol

Hello springfield family. We know some carriers are bad by now. Can we possibly stick to battery drainage issues with the wasp. I think we are getting off track a bit..lol
Practically Every thread goes off track occasionally, on the flip side of your comment are we now not
(beating a dead horse) discussing what is now a well known issue that Springfield is I’m sure working hard to correct?

Received my Hex Wasp last Thursday, mounted it Friday, and took it to the range on Saturday. In less than 20 shots the red dot went out. Called Springfield today, so once returned I'll wait the 2-4 weeks. Really wish I would have read this forum before purchasing, there seems to be a real QA problem. Hopefully the next one will last.

Received my Hex Wasp last Thursday, mounted it Friday, and took it to the range on Saturday. In less than 20 shots the red dot went out. Called Springfield today, so once returned I'll wait the 2-4 weeks. Really wish I would have read this forum before purchasing, there seems to be a real QA problem. Hopefully the next one will last.
Oh, no. It appears that this problem is limited to the Wasp and not the Dragonfly. I wonder what is going on here.

Oh, no. It appears that this problem is limited to the Wasp and not the Dragonfly. I wonder what is going on here.
Its the wasp .sunday I received a replacement, so far so good. I did notice the part where the battery goes are gold/or brass looking coneters and not the silver one that I had previously. Hopefully they figured the problem. I will keep you posted after the 30 days.

I did get it on the 30th, so far, so good. It does act differently than the first one so I do have some hope. I don't remember the first one changing brightness, it always seemed correct, so I assume it did, the new one has obvious jumps in brightness and tends to be slightly dimmer (but still useable) than my DPP or Romeo, I'm wondering if the other one was staying on too bright of setting.

As to the shipping, UPS is the best, EXCEPT if they do the joint thing with USPS, had a Midwayusa order done via UPS to our state, then delivered USPS to my mailbox, wasn't as bad as this fedex smartpost, but still took a lot longer than regular Fedex or UPS.

I just noticed something. My Wasp hadn't stopped working, but the red dot was extremely dim - still useless, but not broken. When I took out the battery and put it back in, it was back to "normal", useful brightness. A sharp whack turned it back to very low brightness.

Has anyone else noticed this?

So it's not really going through batteries, but something is going on with the light sensor, so it basically thinks it's in a really dark room and turning down the brightness. Hopefully that suggests a fix to the folks at Springfield.

OK ! As of right now.I have declared my hex wasp terminal ! 10-7 , out of service , eater of batteries.I was going to call today and see about replacement. Sad to say.I dropped the darn thing and broke the glass. Sooooooooo. Its on me.Before I go any further.I need to know if this issue has been resolved.I will talk to springfield,but I want input from forum members.Which is what I should have done in the first place.Ive read of some people going through two & three wasps.NOT gonna do that.I see there are others out there for the hellcat osp.If this hex wasp is snake bit.I will get something else. To tell the truth.The fact that the thing stays on 24/7 bothers me. Any help or input will be appreciated

I’m on my third one now. Battery in and it sits on my dresser for another 30+ days to see battery lasts longer than 30 days.
I bought the wasp specifically for the always on feature. I suspect shake to wake would fail before the always on units, all things being equal.

Back