testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

I also spoke with a CSR this morning. She appeared to be totally unaware of this issue. I “borrowed” your post and photos and sent them to her, and printed a copy and put in with the sight, which will be on its’ way back as soon as I can drop it off to FedEx.

Silence was the only reaction when I commented that “Made in China” was probably the cause of the problems with this sight.

I also requested the Custom Shop put my replacement on a Hellcat slide and confirm it works before sending it to me.
I spoke with a very friendly and sympathetic CS rep. He also was unaware of this "new" issue. I told him about others on this forum and Facebook that are also seeing this. He requested the pictures that I took.
Very nice about it all, really. I just want a dot that works...and allows me to see where I'm shootin'...

I spoke with a very friendly and sympathetic CS rep. He also was unaware of this "new" issue. I told him about others on this forum and Facebook that are also seeing this. He requested the pictures that I took.
Very nice about it all, really. I just want a dot that works...and allows me to see where I'm shootin'...
What is the Facebook group?

I would not say it's a stretch to say that anything regarding firearms posted on facebook.Is being collected and kept someplace for future reference. Now ! how are things going with the hex wasp ? WOW 23 pages and counting.Have a great week-end. And "HEY" lets be safe out there , it's a jungle :)

Quick update. Put a new battery in my Hex Wasp 1 month ago to the day and I checked it today and can see the reticle is already getting duller. Will report back when the battery is drained. Guessing at this rate it won't be much longer.

I have been to the LGS 3 times now to buy a Holosun 507K to replace my Wasp, and all 3 times walked away without doing it. I will not put a plate on the Hellcat, and would really rather not have to remove any of the lugs on the gun to accommodate the Holosun. This video though is making me want it again. I do believe it is a far superior RDS to the Wasp.
Yeah not taking a dremel to my Hellcat, I went with the Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro.

Quick update. Put a new battery in my Hex Wasp 1 month ago to the day and I checked it today and can see the reticle is already getting duller. Will report back when the battery is drained. Guessing at this rate it won't be much longer.
I'm not sure what to think of that. All of mine were bright as the sun...til they weren't! They went from appearing to work completely normally, to not working at all. Well, the third one seemed as if it were going to keep on chugging along. But I couldn't see my front sight.

The Hex Wasp has the auto brightness feature. Wonder if that affected the brightness of the dot when it was checked? If you’re in a dark area looking into a bright area, the dot will seem very dim. Auto brightness can be handy, but also pose a problem under certain circumstances. Nothing wrong with the device, just the nature of the feature…

I'm not sure what to think of that. All of mine were bright as the sun...til they weren't! They went from appearing to work completely normally, to not working at all. Well, the third one seemed as if it were going to keep on chugging along. But I couldn't see my front sight.
Well, just checked it today and it's dead. So new battery lasted only about 30 days. Looks like I'll be contacting support for a replacement.

To your point, it looks like it went from bright red to dead in about a day. I must have caught it as it was quickly fading off.

Well, just checked it today and it's dead. So new battery lasted only about 30 days. Looks like I'll be contacting support for a replacement.

To your point, it looks like it went from bright red to dead in about a day. I must have caught it as it was quickly fading off.
Well fellas or gals, I just got my replacement today… installed it and so the countdown starts… I will say the dot on this one looks a little more flickery than the other one but ivv be won’t care if it stays on

So, my new Wasp arrived today. Gold contacts...great! I immediately mounted it on the slide and what do you know? The front sight is still half blocked!!!!!
I measured the trough/sight slot and it it is .072" deep at the rearmost part, right up against the rear sight. At the front, it actually ramps up, to only .068" deep! I need someone with an old (silver contact?) Wasp to measure the slot depth. I only measured it because it looks as if it were an afterthought, to provide some view of the front sight. From what I can recall, it is nowhere near as deep as the first two I had. I could be wrong. It must be what was needed to make the thing work past 30 days.
This is totally unacceptable!!! I could have just bought a Swampfox Sentinel of even a Holosun. Not that there is anything wrong with them...unless you want to see the front sight of your Hellcat! I'm really PO'd!!! I'm gonna demand some form of repayment, if not a full reimbursement. It looks as if the CT RAD micro is the only dot that will do what I wanted in the first place. This sucks!!!!

I know this seems a bit trivial. But I bought the Hellcat over the competition because of the insanely great iron sights. I shoot more accurately, faster, with the U-notch sights on the Hellcat. I also have a 43X,but I don't carry it. The Hellcat has relegated the 43X to range time use. And sometimes, as a 2nd/backup gun.
This "fix", this red dot, is not providing what SA sold, in the form of a red dot sight allowing full view of the sights...

Back