testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

I know this seems a bit trivial. But I bought the Hellcat over the competition because of the insanely great iron sights. I shoot more accurately, faster, with the U-notch sights on the Hellcat. I also have a 43X,but I don't carry it. The Hellcat has relegated the 43X to range time use. And sometimes, as a 2nd/backup gun.
This "fix", this red dot, is not providing what SA sold, in the form of a red dot sight allowing full view of the sights...
Mine won’t be delivered until the first of next week. If it is like yours, I’m going to insist on full retail credit toward a SA-35. I had one on the LE wait list for almost a year and then SA “revamped” to LE/IOP program and removed the SA-35. I’m tired of this Chinese crap.

I have the same amount of cowitness that I did with the original. With the top of the front sight sitting at the top of the rear sight I would guess that a little more than 1/2 of the front sight is visible. That is the perfect amount for me. With the dot I am not using or looking at my irons, and I don't want them taking up any more of the glass than is necessary. However I do want them usable if the dot were to not be working.....with the Hex Wasp that is more than a real possibilty. These are more than usable, and for me how they sit in the glass now is ideal.

So, my new Wasp arrived today. Gold contacts...great! I immediately mounted it on the slide and what do you know? The front sight is still half blocked!!!!!
I measured the trough/sight slot and it it is .072" deep at the rearmost part, right up against the rear sight. At the front, it actually ramps up, to only .068" deep! I need someone with an old (silver contact?) Wasp to measure the slot depth. I only measured it because it looks as if it were an afterthought, to provide some view of the front sight. From what I can recall, it is nowhere near as deep as the first two I had. I could be wrong. It must be what was needed to make the thing work past 30 days.
This is totally unacceptable!!! I could have just bought a Swampfox Sentinel of even a Holosun. Not that there is anything wrong with them...unless you want to see the front sight of your Hellcat! I'm really PO'd!!! I'm gonna demand some form of repayment, if not a full reimbursement. It looks as if the CT RAD micro is the only dot that will do what I wanted in the first place. This sucks!!!!
OK, just measured my 'older' style Wasp with the silver contacts and here's the best I could do.

Total height from very bottom of sight to the top of the ridge on either side of the slot is .310"-.312"

Total height from very bottom of sight to the bottom of the slot at rear measures .250" which indicates the depth of .060"-.062"

Can't get an accurate measurement of the slot height at the front due to the bottom of sight being different at those opposing points ..... in fact the battery actually extends several thousandths out the bottom of the sight and when moving the caliper far enough forward to try to get the forward measurement, the battery interferes...... sorry.

Best I can do for the moment. I've got to run for now but will check back asap.

On my way back I tried a little different hold to get the slot depth at the very front and it turns out to be exactly the same as the rear measurement. So, that says there is no slant or 'ramping up' from back to front on this sight and indicates the slot depth all the way through to be about .060"-.062".

Hope that helps some. BTW, this is the Wasp red dot I installed the battery in on 12/26/21 IIRC to test the battery life. So far, so good .... it's still going strong. Almost 5 full months now. So battery life doesn't seem to be an issue for me and this particular sight. The dot 'auto' dim/bright seems to be working perfectly as well.

Anything else I can do, let me know. I'll give it a try.

Wow ! 24 pages on the hex wasp. Anyhoo, don't go nuts on me.Just my opinion.After going through the hexwasp debacle. I decided on the sentinal swamp fox.$195. It covers up a portion of the front sight but I have adjusted at the range & feel comfortable. I got the manual model.shake & wake,on & off switch,10 brightness settings & if it fails within 50,000 rounds they will fix or replace free.The 50,000 round thing is on the honor system.I carry it all day every day & for me it's perfect.I can't see spending $500 + on an optic for a $569 firearm .Which by the way ,have issues of their own.It seems to me,an optic that just stays on 24/7 makes no sense.

I know I can google-smart this more, but as I am doing that I thought I would post to our amazing forum.

Purchased RDP…all good, wasp seems to be ok. Not the best but love the co witness and metal/design. Certainly works well. Went in the safe for a month + as I been busy. Took it out today and it is dead.

I thought “well it was perfect 0 so maybe the battery was just old.” Three battery swaps later…nothing. Blew around contacts, tried batteries..nothing.

I emailed support. I am guessing this somehow died on me. Hope that lifetime thing is true.

Any other reports out there?
I have the same exact problem I’ve put # 3 battery in my Wasp I used Duracell batteries I’ll try # 3 and see what happens unless anyone has any other suggestions???

Wow ! 24 pages on the hex wasp. Anyhoo, don't go nuts on me.Just my opinion.After going through the hexwasp debacle. I decided on the sentinal swamp fox.$195. It covers up a portion of the front sight but I have adjusted at the range & feel comfortable. I got the manual model.shake & wake,on & off switch,10 brightness settings & if it fails within 50,000 rounds they will fix or replace free.The 50,000 round thing is on the honor system.I carry it all day every day & for me it's perfect.I can't see spending $500 + on an optic for a $569 firearm .Which by the way ,have issues of their own.It seems to me,an optic that just stays on 24/7 makes no sense.
I agree

I have the same exact problem I’ve put # 3 battery in my Wasp I used Duracell batteries I’ll try # 3 and see what happens unless anyone has any other suggestions???
Call SA customer service and request a replacement. There have been several people on here reporting the most recent replacements appear to have been good. New Wasps reporting 2 months now with RDS still working as they should be.

It appears there was a bad batch distributed at some point. And it appears that issue has been fixed.

I’ve had mine for 16 months and it’s still going strong.

Call SA customer service and request a replacement. There have been several people on here reporting the most recent replacements appear to have been good. New Wasps reporting 2 months now with RDS still working as they should be.

It appears there was a bad batch distributed at some point. And it appears that issue has been fixed.

I’ve had mine for 16 months and it’s still going strong.
I have my fingers crossed. As a backup I mounted a Burris fast fire IV to my Ruger SR9C today… it was my old EDC and now it’s a tack driver so at least now I can swap back if needed

Back