testtest

High Point.....

I had a friend that had one like 10 years ago. We were shooting at the range. I had my Colt .45 defender, he had his Hi-Point. It literally blew up in his hands. Ever since then I refuse to acknowledge them as a firearm someone could trust. They are ugly, bulky, heavy, and cheap. They might have made improvements since my friends blew apart, but fact remains, heavy, bulky, ugly....lol
If someone has a really tight budget I'd tell them to save longer and get a better gun.

This is the original Hipoint, a Stallard Arms JS-9, made in Mansfield Ohio. Inordinately heavy and unbelievably unattractive, but an effective impact weapon! However, it does go BANG and a bullet exits the intended end when the trigger is pressed. 20200218_034419.jpg

Every one of my firearms I bought after doing research on forums from people that actually use their firearms and have not had buyers remorse.
I don't have a High Point so I have no skin in the game, but I have not heard a good word about them.
Ditto. I certainly wouldn't purchase a HiPoint. But, I speak from the experience I've had with the old Stallard I posted. It's a classic example of you get what you pay for! All I attest to is the ugly old thing functions as advertised.

Truthfully I've never owned, shot or held a Hi-Point product before but in all seriousness though I have seen torture test of high point pistols and they seem generally pretty reliable. They are ugly as sin, heavy, and way more bulky then needed so I think that is most people's negative focus. They have filled a role as a dependable affordable self defense pistol for some people who may not have the income to buy something better but want something better then a brick to defend themselves. In the end I would rather own a hi-point then a real brick.

Last edited:
I salute you for realizing my point for even taking part in this particular thread. I can speak from my experience only, and of this pistol only. Also, many have never heard of Stallard Arms. Just wanted to share.

I have a High Point 9mm Carbine that I have put hundreds of rounds thru without issue. I have had the carbine since 2005 and it has performed well. I bought for my wife because it was a compact rifle that she could shoot. I have a red dot scope on it and the extra front hand hold. My only issue is the biggest magazine for it only hold 15 rounds. Also the stock is not adjustable but it fits my wife's short arms well.

20200218_100517[1].jpg

I have a High Point 9mm Carbine that I have put hundreds of rounds thru without issue. I have had the carbine since 2005 and it has performed well. I bought for my wife because it was a compact rifle that she could shoot. I have a red dot scope on it and the extra front hand hold. My only issue is the biggest magazine for it only hold 15 rounds. Also the stock is not adjustable but it fits my wife's short arms well.

View attachment 2211
I think my brother has this same weapon and really seems to enjoy it. I have seem him shoot it on a few occasions and have never seen it malfunction.

Would I buy one? Not to use as anything but a range gun. Like others have mentioned, I research my purchases and buy firearms with proven track records.

I had a friend that had one like 10 years ago. We were shooting at the range. I had my Colt .45 defender, he had his Hi-Point. It literally blew up in his hands. Ever since then I refuse to acknowledge them as a firearm someone could trust. They are ugly, bulky, heavy, and cheap. They might have made improvements since my friends blew apart, but fact remains, heavy, bulky, ugly....lol
If someone has a really tight budget I'd tell them to save longer and get a better gun.
Now i heard they Blow up = If i see someone at the range with one im running for the hills !

We have all of the pistols. I will agree that they are heavy and not very ergonomic but after about 5k rounds through 4 pistols we have never had a malfunction. Actually we did have a Winchester round that did not fire but on inspection (pulled the bullet and dumped the powder), the primer was empty. They always go bang for us. While we have numerous other options, these are good solid performers if you treat them like any other weapon.
In terms of them blowing up, you should check out the video where a fellow fills the barrels of 10 different HiPoint .45's and fires them. The guns fired everything including a barrel full of set up concrete. He really wanted to blow one up but failed. Check it out.
. Demo ranch video.

Back