testtest

Home Defense vs Concealed Carry Gun

Good article on your home defense gun vs your ccw gun, personally, I use the same gun, that way I know what to expect then having two different guns, but that’s just me.

Late to the game, but I *used* to keep my XDM 5.25 competition pistol in my bedside gun safe. These days, I keep my EDC there - an XDM Compact 9mm. Just makes more sense to put the weapon I carry and use the most in the nightstand. However, when I put it away for the night, I do swap the 13 round mag for the 19 round extended mag. I like having the full grip in the event of needing it for home defense.

Good article on your home defense gun vs your ccw gun, personally, I use the same gun, that way I know what to expect then having two different guns, but that’s just me.

I am with you on that! I have a couple in reserve if my trusty friend can't finish the job, but mostly same friend all day, everyday.

I train and shoot so much, 1500+ rounds a month, that any gun is muscle memory regardless of type. Also hunt nonstop
This is exactly my philosophy. I like to shoot all my guns and do, regularly. Just because I ccw a P365 doesn’t mean I’m going to forget how to shoot my Archon, 226, or any others. I train with them all and I’m ready to go with any of them.

Depending on your AOPs it can be two entirely diferent categories & needs.

Therfore, two different types of firearms.

😂
My home defense would be XD M 10mm (light attached) and a Marlin 44mag Lever Action with a Red Dot
EDC majority of the time is a Hellcat
I like the Marlin lever action for HD...but mine is in .30-.30... I also have a M1 .30 carbine (new Auto Ord.), and Rem 870 in 12ga...
All are intended for closer range.

I don’t buy into the AR 5.56 craze much for HD. It’ll work, sure (so will a blunderbuss if you’ve kept your powder fresh!). But the AR platform was originally designed to reach out...

I'm back! 3 weeks in the hospital and we think they got everything fixed. Both kidneys kept shutting down due to infection, cleared enough infection to go in and look. Last Dr. that was supposed to remove my kidney stones only broke them in half and left the rest buried in my kidneys where the rough stone edges cut up the inside of the kidneys. They operated Monday and removed all the big pieces, 5mm - 1.2 cm. Flushed my system Tuesday and Wednesday they got all the little pieces of stone that were left ALONG WITH the broken tip of a pair of forceps. I'm getting a really good lawyer now!

I'm back! 3 weeks in the hospital and we think they got everything fixed. Both kidneys kept shutting down due to infection, cleared enough infection to go in and look. Last Dr. that was supposed to remove my kidney stones only broke them in half and left the rest buried in my kidneys where the rough stone edges cut up the inside of the kidneys. They operated Monday and removed all the big pieces, 5mm - 1.2 cm. Flushed my system Tuesday and Wednesday they got all the little pieces of stone that were left ALONG WITH the broken tip of a pair of forceps. I'm getting a really good lawyer now!
Welcome back papadan! Sorry to hear what you had to endure. Hope your lawyer takes the bad doctor to the cleaners for you! That's inexcusable malpractice.

Welcome back papadan! Sorry to hear what you had to endure. Hope your lawyer takes the bad doctor to the cleaners for you! That's inexcusable malpractice.
The surgeon of course as he has both first and ultimate responsibility but the hospital too. One of the surgical tech’s big jobs is verifying the integrity of the tools as they’re discarded, in real time. Just wow…
Glad you’re doing better!

Man that sounds terrible but I'm glad you're ok!

Welcome back!

Well welcome back son! Glad everything looks like it's turning out plumb OK! (y)(y)(y):D:D:D

Welcome back. That's some scary stuff. You are definitely right to talk to a lawyer.

I'm not of the belief home defense and ccw weapon should be the same. I've always carried some sort of subcompact 9mm for ccw, and for home defense I stage an AR pistol.

I equate it to the fire extinguisher vs fire hose argument. I've had to put out a dumpster fire on my property before. It took me 3 fire extinguishers to put it out completely. Still faster than waiting for the fire dept. But if not for the convenience, I would've much preferred to have one tool to finish the job, instead of running into my next tenant, to grab their fire extinguisher.

Back