testtest

Home Defense vs Concealed Carry Gun

I use my original XD40 4" with a Crimson Trace light for bedside duty. It has been my nightly companion for well over 10 years now and is as reliable as they come.. Also, beside that is my edc XDS mod2 3.3 9mm as backup. There are a couple other things located in other places if needed.

I also practice with the bedside gun on a regular basis so when I grab it in the dark it is familiar and I know how to shoot it.

I have no problems swapping between any of my springfield pistols. I guess you would say I am a Springfield handgun junky. They handle well, they are reliable, and I have been shooting them for over 13 years. My brother is a Glock junky in the same way.

Use what works for you. Practice with all of them.

Due to medical problems I've been sleeping in my recliner for many years. My home defense gun is mounted on the side of my recliner. My EDC is a 38 revolver in my pocket and 9mm backup IWB.

DSCI0160.JPG

Due to medical problems I've been sleeping in my recliner for many years. My home defense gun is mounted on the side of my recliner. My EDC is a 38 revolver in my pocket and 9mm backup IWB.

View attachment 14361
I've been having to sleep upright for a few weeks since my last surgery. I'd never thought of doing this, but I may look into it. I just have to find a system that my wife would approve of. My current condition is temporary, but it never hurts to plan ahead.

Going back to the DRs. in the morning. Hopefully to get rid of this catheter and then the stent tubes. Would really be nice to go out without all the BS hanging on me.
My thoughts and prayers are with you from one papa to another. (y)

After just getting off lockdown due to having Covid , I am very hopeful you will pull through this as well.

Try it wmg, you won't regret it. Sleeping in a recliner is not all that uncommon. For folks with recent surgeries, especially back surgeries, they can be a 'life saver'. I mentioned before that beginning back in Dec 2004 and through Jan 2006 I underwent 4 major back surgeries ending in a 3 level lumbar fusion. There was no way I could lay flat all throughout those months and no way to prop myself up in bed to get and remain comfortable ......................... So, my recliner was the answer!!!! I'm not sure how I would have made it without that old friend, and my little Brittany girl laying right by my side on that throw rug.

Try it wmg, you won't regret it. Sleeping in a recliner is not all that uncommon. For folks with recent surgeries, especially back surgeries, they can be a 'life saver'. I mentioned before that beginning back in Dec 2004 and through Jan 2006 I underwent 4 major back surgeries ending in a 3 level lumbar fusion. There was no way I could lay flat all throughout those months and no way to prop myself up in bed to get and remain comfortable ......................... So, my recliner was the answer!!!! I'm not sure how I would have made it without that old friend, and my little Brittany girl laying right by my side on that throw rug.
I've got a 3-level Cervical fusion, but hadn't had problems with my low back until recently. It has become clear that I will not be growing old gracefully.

Still got the catheter, need to see a kidney DR. instead of Urologist. You know where the catheter is, but it is really a pain in the ass.
Ha!!! If that's where they put it, you're really in trouble !!!!

Only kiddin' with you papadan ......... I know what you're sayin'. Hopefully they'll get you straightened out pdq !!!

It’s hard to CC a long gun, be it an AR-15 or a shotgun so for ones HD gun to be the same as the CC gun could be difficult. No problem at all to have a different platform. I have several, not just for home and carry but for hot and cold months and how I am dressed but I believe it’s important to train and familiarize yourself with each be it a 12ga or lever action to a .380 or 1911.

I like Glock so I keep a full size in the bedroom but carry a subcompact most times, but there are times that it requires a smaller pistol and times I am able to carry a full size 1911. I prefer a shoulder rig and SOB but there are certain times I carry AIWB but I put in drills and training for each carry position, and it doesn’t take 100’s of rounds and even at home it’s free to draw from the positions.

My home defense gun is definitely set up a bit differently than my CCW. I use my Springfield XD Mod 2 4-inch .45ACP with a Crimson Trace tac light for home defense. 14 rounds of .45ACP ready to go is very comforting, the XD is one of the smoothest shooting .45 ACP handguns I've ever owned.
I fully agree with you about the 4" XD Mod.2 in .45 ACP. The first time I shot it I was able to turn the first 13-round magazine into one ragged golf ball sized hole in the target from 10 yards. I'm not a bad shot, but I've never been able to duplicate those results with any other .45 on the first mag. I keep it loaded and ready as my downstairs home defense pistol. It's a fantastic gun and would be my EDC if it were easier to conceal.

I fully agree with you about the 4" XD Mod.2 in .45 ACP. The first time I shot it I was able to turn the first 13-round magazine into one ragged golf ball sized hole in the target from 10 yards. I'm not a bad shot, but I've never been able to duplicate those results with any other .45 on the first mag. I keep it loaded and ready as my downstairs home defense pistol. It's a fantastic gun and would be my EDC if it were easier to conceal.
Completely agree. I've had several .45ACP handguns over the last 25 years but I'd rank the Springfield XD45 Mod 2 4-inch as the most accurate one I've ever owned.

Back