testtest

How to Build a Backyard Backstop

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
You finally bought a piece of land that is big enough to shoot on. Great, now what?

How to Build a Backyard Backstop

1665852230405.png

Around here we use skidloaders and dump trucks to build berms and then situate them where there is nothing behind the giant berm that can be damaged in the event, however unlikely, something makes it through the berm. The author's backstop is totally appropriate for a semi urban area or a place within close proximity to houses or people. It's ridiculous overkill on a decent chunk of land though. Even the range I train on with an instructor, which is not far from a couple other houses, isn't built with all that crap. It's surrounded by 15' berms.

Especially today, as deep state* bureaucrats or politicians put restriction after restriction on public ranges or land to shoot....
Oh to have enough land to shoot on… someday, someday my friend 🙂

*and by deep state, I mean public servants that don't serve the public impartially and unbiased, but instead abuse their authority to push their own partisan politics and personal agendas.

I bought steel targets, to do the pling pling, only to find there is absolutely nowhere I will be permitted to use them. Even the PA public ranges I used to go to when visiting family, that used to have an Auxiliary Fam Range off to the side, that you basically got to do anything you wanted. PA changed all the ranges, with all sorts of rules and have all the Game Wardens on the ranges citing anyone that violates the rule. Met a guy that got fined for shooting into the berm. The rules say you have to shoot at a paper target and only a paper target.

Back