testtest

How to Choose Your First Semi-Auto Handgun

Thanks for the link, Mike.

I think we sometimes forget that there could be folks reading the forum and links who are totally unfamiliar with firearms and may benefit from “starter” articles like this one. I know a woman who went so far as to go through a concealed carry class and get her permit and still knew almost nothing. I lost respect for her instructor.

I think we sometimes forget that there could be folks reading the forum and links who are totally unfamiliar with firearms and may benefit from “starter” articles like this one. I know a woman who went so far as to go through a concealed carry class and get her permit and still knew almost nothing. I lost respect for her instructor.
Idk...most CC classes around me concentrate on concepts rather than how to shoot. Yes, they have a short session with the instructor watching you handle and fire 1 mag, but learning how to shoot or handle a firearm should not be a CC class focus. My class spent most time on the legalities of drawing a gun into a situation and what will happen to you if you do criminally, civilly, emotionally....

While there is no law about a gun noob taking a CC class, they should have already learned "handling" long before getting a permit to carry.

Technically my first semi-auto was a 10mm. Wasn't a problem for me, although every person in the industry would say otherwise (without fleshing out that argument about previously owned revolvers, shotguns and rifles).

I’ve taken 2 classes to receive my CCDW permits, the first was in Texas and the instructor covered EVERYTHING from laws in the state to firearm fundamentals including proper cleaning, proper stance and presentation. He was also a tough teacher who demanded everyone listen to him and follow his directions to the letter especially on the range. He kept his classes small so everyone got his full attention. If I remember correctly the class I took started with 10 students, 2 were dismissed during classroom work for fooling around and picking up their guns when they were told not to, 3 more failed their shooting test. I was 1 of two that passed near the top of the class and received extra training from a retired FBI Agent the instructor was good friends with. I learned a lot.

The second time was in Kentucky, the class was setup by the security company I worked for and was a Joke. The instructor was an active duty police officer and everyone passed except only one girl who couldn’t handle her gun at all, every time she shot it she dropped it on the ground.

Some people just shouldn’t own firearms.

when i had motorcycles, i could mess up a dogs "timing" by slowing down or speeding up... as i saw them approaching....it always worked.

they have an innate ability to time things to the nano second.

confounding the dog(s) was funny
1673662595079.jpeg

Somebody’s first motorcycle……🤔🤔

I used to ask all the women in the self-defense classes I taught, if they carried a weapon(pepper spray, knife, firearm, etc.). I would then go over ways to use those weapons.

It has been my experience that some women do not take self-defense seriously. That's kind of sad. Many times a woman only purchases a firearm or will get one because of pressure from their husband or friends or family. They will get the firearm and then put some place and never learn to use it because most times they are scared of it. And sometimes the woman has a problem with the idea of hurting someone.

I have noticed a self-defense pattern over the years and that's that women are more apt to fight back than they used to. And that's a good thing...:) I think this explains the upsurge in women purchasing firearms and obtaining a concealed handgun permit.

I always try to emphasize to women who are interested in self-defense that a weapon or any fighting skills are useless unless you train with the weapon or practice the self-defense skills. Some people(men and women) are under the mistaken impression that just displaying a knife or firearm will scare away the attacker and they are so wrong to rely on that.

you know what..??

i was searching for duo's, couldn't find who you were saying, but came across Barbara Mandrel..

i thought she died, but no, then i checked on her sisters and found this

As of 2012, Irlene Mandrel is a celebrity spokesperson for several companies, such as CZ-USA,

i don't get any sort of gun or ammo company advertising up here on my cable channels, so i was surprised to read about Irlene

you're Jay Leno...>?????

wow, we have 2 celebrities here....

you and Mark Wahlberg, who's alias here is @Bassbob !!!!!!!!!

(you gotta see his pic when he was young....)

When I was young ( from about age 12 to about age 23) I had hair almost to my waist. I was told by many people I looked like Dave Mustaine. When I cut my hair I have had people tell me I looked like Paul McCartney. I think the correlation there is that I always had a guitar or bass in my hand. No one ever accused me of looking like Marky Mark.

Back