testtest

How to Choose Your First Semi-Auto Handgun

I purchased some guns because of price that I later regretted. Llama, Taurus, Kahr and some Hungarian example were a few of these regrets. Borrow or rent guns you are interested in. I have more confidence in actual owner opinion than those in the media.
One of my first big mistakes was a Raven arms 25 auto. i think when the bullet exited the muzzle it just went every which a way. i couldn't hit nothing with that thing and it jammed more than it worked.

When I was young ( from about age 12 to about age 23) I had hair almost to my waist. I was told by many people I looked like Dave Mustaine. When I cut my hair I have had people tell me I looked like Paul McCartney. I think the correlation there is that I always had a guitar or bass in my hand. No one ever accused me of looking like Marky Mark.
you posted a picture from your youth, i think you had a rifle in your hand? and some other guy was in the picture with you? and i made mention back then, that's who you "looked like"

i just had to look up that Mustaine fellow, i never heard of him, but then, my "rock bands" of my time was Lawrence Welk and his orchestra...

Last edited:
I purchased some guns because of price that I later regretted. Llama, Taurus, Kahr and some Hungarian example were a few of these regrets. Borrow or rent guns you are interested in. I have more confidence in actual owner opinion than those in the media.
One of my first big mistakes was a Raven arms 25 auto. i think when the bullet exited the muzzle it just went every which a way. i couldn't hit nothing with that thing and it jammed more than it worked.
the one and only gun i bought, then quickly sold was a S&W EZ-380?

my buddies sister bought it during the pandemic, put it into the closet and forgot about it.

it even surprised me she and her husband (he bought a G-19) they even bought the guns, as they are very highly religious people.
I AM NOT SAYING highly religious people should not buy guns, it just surprised me is all.

i dumped that 380, but kept the G-19, then at a later time, dumped that also

frankly, i see no use for a .380, but, to many they are popular.

you posted a picture from your youth, i think you had a rifle in your hand? and some other guy was in the picture with you? and i made mention back then, that's who you "looked like"

i just had to look up that Mustaine fellow, i never heard of him, but then, my "rock bands" of my time was Lawrence Welk and his orchestra...
I think that may have been TFL. The only picture I have posted here of myself is one of me with a big revolver and a spike buck I had just taken with it.

My first .380 was a Beretta 85FS which I will never sell. I have several micro 9s which are cheaper to shoot and hold more rounds. I have a Springfield 911 in .380 which is nice in summer when wearing shorts. If relegated to one semi auto only, I would suggest a micro 9 or one of the slightly larger models.

At least that's more functional than @Annihilator Yeet Cannon collection. It's worth a lot more too. 🤣👍
B2F2C5A5-8F58-45D6-B5C2-721B309DABAD.gif

I'm supposed to take advice from a guy who doesn't know how to put his hat on straight? OK, I get style, or rather I don't get style. But the bill on a hat is to keep the sun, or brass, out of your eyes. Who believes cool is better than right? And one of the photos clearly shows his off hand finger pointing at the sky. Sure sign of a weak, incorrect grip. So hat's wrong, grip's wrong. Nuff said!

Ive never been a indow shopper with anything. I do my homework and then pounce. I’ve only shot two guns before buying them - an Sig X5 Legion and Sig M17. All the rest I’ve just taken the dive. There’s not been one that I immediately disliked, but there’s been a few that with time and experience I grew distant from and moved down the road. I really don’t care about coulda, woulda, shoulda, for me, this whole gun experience is about the journey.

Ive never been a indow shopper with anything. I do my homework and then pounce. I’ve only shot two guns before buying them - an Sig X5 Legion and Sig M17. All the rest I’ve just taken the dive. There’s not been one that I immediately disliked, but there’s been a few that with time and experience I grew distant from and moved down the road. I really don’t care about coulda, woulda, shoulda, for me, this whole gun experience is about the journey.
You're moving down the road has been advantageous to other people too no doubt. :cool:

I'm not sure what you found to dislike about that thing, but after putting some good sights on it I have found myself in the unfamiliar position of carrying a 9mm every day. I'm knocking the :poop: out of everything with it.

After over 30+ years of guns, I have made a couple of purchases that I regretted, Kimber Micro 9 and a Charles Daily 1911, might be a couple others but can’t remember right now
Hmm. Do you recall which CD 1911 you had? I have one made in the Philippines by Armscor. Other than polishing the feed ramp I have done nothing to it and it shoots better than my Colts and has been less trouble.

You're moving down the road has been advantageous to other people too no doubt. :cool:

I'm not sure what you found to dislike about that thing, but after putting some good sights on it I have found myself in the unfamiliar position of carrying a 9mm every day. I'm knocking the :poop: out of everything with it.
Honestly, once I put the straight trigger on, I found it much easier to shoot, but I had several others that were just more natural shooters for me.

Funny enough, I went to the range today and took my P30SK and my P365. I hadn’t shot either in a while and I was surprised that the P365 shot very accurately while the P30SK pulled up and left. Now I was able to place all the rounds in a 2 inch area, but they were all just inside the edge of the 4in targets I use. That gun has the Gray Guns short reset kit and flat trigger. You would think being bigger than the P365 it would be easier to shoot, but not today. Maybe it’s the HK grips.

Honestly, once I put the straight trigger on, I found it much easier to shoot, but I had several others that were just more natural shooters for me.

Funny enough, I went to the range today and took my P30SK and my P365. I hadn’t shot either in a while and I was surprised that the P365 shot very accurately while the P30SK pulled up and left. Now I was able to place all the rounds in a 2 inch area, but they were all just inside the edge of the 4in targets I use. That gun has the Gray Guns short reset kit and flat trigger. You would think being bigger than the P365 it would be easier to shoot, but not today. Maybe it’s the HK grips.
Does the SK have the interchangeable back strap/panels ?

I keep flip flopping back and forth over whether or not I want to put the short reset in it. At this point really I can't justify it because it shoots very well. That's the same reason I have never put an Apex kit in my Shield .45. It seem like it would be nicer than that stupid ass hinged trigger, but it's hard to argue with the groups I pull out of it.

Who knows though, maybe it would be even better.

Back