testtest

I called the Witch Doctor......

I found the castle nut ( I think) and there appears to be a washer or spacer in front of it that is notched to fit in the notches of the nut itself, but I can't see anything that looks like it was punched.

Nice new pieces!

Haven’t used Amend2 mags, so I can’t comment...but that is a good price, particularly right now.

And yes, it's easy to check your castle nut for staking...
97EECCDF-30C9-45AC-8E57-DC34464D6C57.jpeg

That divot in the end plate is the staking. If yours doesn’t have it, it's easy to DIY with a punch.

Nice VP9, too...

Nice new pieces!

Haven’t used Amend2 mags, so I can’t comment...but that is a good price, particularly right now.

And yes, it's easy to check your castle nut for staking...View attachment 9481
That divot in the end plate is the staking. If yours doesn’t have it, it's easy to DIY with a punch.

Nice VP9, too...

Thanks buddy. Mine appears to be staked in 2 places. Looks just like that.

I need back up sights but holy crap, they sure are proud of those little bastages. My inclination is Magpul, but $80 on plastic sights?

Anyone got any recommendations or should I just bite the bullet and get the Magpuls?

Also looking at BFG Vickers for a sling since I have one on my shotgun and I love it, but I am open to suggestions.

I need back up sights but holy crap, they sure are proud of those little bastages. My inclination is Magpul, but $80 on plastic sights?

Anyone got any recommendations or should I just bite the bullet and get the Magpuls?

Also looking at BFG Vickers for a sling since I have one on my shotgun and I love it, but I am open to suggestions.
You can't go wrong with the polymer Magpul flip up sights they are really durable and priced right for what you are getting. If you want metal sights you can't go wrong with Troy sights but you'll pay a premium.

Magpul also makes a set of metal flip sights but they maybe hard to find currently.

Because you are using an unmagnified sight you have unlimited eye relief so you can play around with the location of the RDS on the rail to what suits you best. You may want to fit it on in a few different places and draw the rifle to your face to see what feels best before settling.

Because you are using an unmagnified sight you have unlimited eye relief so you can play around with the location of the RDS on the rail to what suits you best. You may want to fit it on in a few different places and draw the rifle to your face to see what feels best before settling.

I did just that. Although not while shooting the rifle. It is as far forward as possible ( while still remaining on the receiver) and if I'm honest I'd like it a little further out, but it's acceptable. Probably still have room for a flip up magnifier, but I probably won't. I'll probably build a 20", maybe even a 6.5 Creedmore, and put a Primary Arms 1-6 on it.

I did just that. Although not while shooting the rifle. It is as far forward as possible ( while still remaining on the receiver) and if I'm honest I'd like it a little further out, but it's acceptable. Probably still have room for a flip up magnifier, but I probably won't. I'll probably build a 20", maybe even a 6.5 Creedmore, and put a Primary Arms 1-6 on it.
To build a 6.5 creedmore you will need an AR-10 lower.
Check out Aero Precision products for AR builds they are my main go to. I also have PSA, Anderson, & Sig AR's.

As an option you can also buy a different complete upper in a different caliber such as .300blk to swap out on your new gun. .300blk uses the same mags and BCG as 5.56.

I've considered that, but i kind of think I'm going to end up getting some 80%ers in the near future and seeing what I can come up with. Of course it all depends on how effective and reliable this AR is.

There is a difference in plastic and polymer. Magpul makes some really good stuff. If you decide to build on the AR-10 platform, research it. There are different platforms that are not interchangeable.

I would say that your intended purpose for the rifle would drive the need for BUIS, and the quality.

If it’s just going to be a range rifle,for plinking, etc, then you really don’t need them...or could get by with a cheap set like UTG’s.

If it’s going to be a competition or hunting rifle...the Magpul sights are fairly durable, and work well.

For “serious use/social work”...invest in good ones. I really like the Troy HK-style sights, myself...spendy, but worth it.

Ok that was awesome. I stripped and cleaned it last night and familiarized myself with the parts. Watched a video how to strip the BGC for cleaning, etc.. Took it to the range this morning. It took less than a magazine to zero the Romeo 5 at 50 yards. Then I put another 190 rounds through it. Not a single hiccup and dead nuts accurate. I did a mag dump on the last round and by then the handguard was hotter than hell. I think I'm going to put an angled grip on it or something. Took it home. stripped it and cleaned it again. Tons of fun and I am super happy with it.

By the way, I used 62 gr. green tips, but I shot one mag of my buddy's 55 gr. junk ( Tulammo). It is clearly dirty ammo but the gun handled it fine and there was no real noticeable difference in POI at 50 yards. I got a bucket of 55 gr. ( Not Tulammo) coming this week.

Ok that was awesome. I stripped and cleaned it last night and familiarized myself with the parts. Watched a video how to strip the BGC for cleaning, etc.. Took it to the range this morning. It took less than a magazine to zero the Romeo 5 at 50 yards. Then I put another 190 rounds through it. Not a single hiccup and dead nuts accurate. I did a mag dump on the last round and by then the handguard was hotter than hell. I think I'm going to put an angled grip on it or something. Took it home. stripped it and cleaned it again. Tons of fun and I am super happy with it.

By the way, I used 62 gr. green tips, but I shot one mag of my buddy's 55 gr. junk ( Tulammo). It is clearly dirty ammo but the gun handled it fine and there was no real noticeable difference in POI at 50 yards. I got a bucket of 55 gr. ( Not Tulammo) coming this week.
Awesome stuff @Bassbob welcome to the never ending world or the AR15...😁👍

Back