testtest

I Pulled The Trigger.

Following my documented concern with what I saw as being an ongoing issue with the BCG in my Savage MSR10 Hunter AR Chambered in .308 I’ve been contemplating selling it. Yesterday I stopped by the outdoor range which has a fantastic store, I was looking for a Springfield XD-M in 10mm unfortunately that was not available but what they did have was something I had been looking at for months. There on the long gun shelf was a beautiful rifle chambered in .308 and sported a beautiful walnut stock, yes I’m dragging this out and yes I brought it home. I had to go back today and took my Savage AR all the PMags and case. And they gave me a great price for everything so I walked out with my new rifle for slightly over $500.00 dollars.

CADF7E22-78F6-49D4-AF3C-EC8D797E0B07.jpeg

089FA5CF-12DF-4044-BC6D-A1A7E37045EE.jpeg

614AD556-5710-4966-BB1E-248609F04A38.jpeg

Nice Keystone, congrats. It’s a semi auto version of the M14, so you can also find reading material on that as well. I know @Mike H. has provided threads on here of both the M1A & M14, so you don’t have to go far to find related articles. I’ve also bought softcover books from Amazon, on my M1A & M14 (both walnut) that I own, (and I just bought a M1A with an Archangel stock in 6.5 Creedmoor). It’s a fantastic firearm platform. Enjoy it my friend 👍

Nice Keystone, congrats. It’s a semi auto version of the M14, so you can also find reading material on that as well. I know @Mike H. has provided threads on here of both the M1A & M14, so you don’t have to go far to find related articles. I’ve also bought softcover books from Amazon, on my M1A & M14 (both walnut) that I own, (and I just bought a M1A with an Archangel stock in 6.5 Creedmoor). It’s a fantastic firearm platform. Enjoy it my friend 👍
I definitely wanted to stay with the .308 and kept thinking about a bolt action but really wanted to stay with a semi-auto action. The walnut stock is absolutely gorgeous and has a beautiful finish. I am very happy not only to not have to worry about that BCG issue with that AR but also have a well established platform and still have the chance to continue with the .308 round which I enjoy shooting.

Following my documented concern with what I saw as being an ongoing issue with the BCG in my Savage MSR10 Hunter AR Chambered in .308 I’ve been contemplating selling it. Yesterday I stopped by the outdoor range which has a fantastic store, I was looking for a Springfield XD-M in 10mm unfortunately that was not available but what they did have was something I had been looking at for months. There on the long gun shelf was a beautiful rifle chambered in .308 and sported a beautiful walnut stock, yes I’m dragging this out and yes I brought it home. I had to go back today and took my Savage AR all the PMags and case. And they gave me a great price for everything so I walked out with my new rifle for slightly over $500.00 dollars.

View attachment 20246
View attachment 20247

View attachment 20248
Nice catch! Well spent 308

Make sure that you get one of these at some point down the road:
Can you get other mags? 10 rounders?

If you want a 20 rd mag try to find one that is GI issue. The 20 rounders are great for looks, but if you spend most of your range time shooting off of a bench or bag the 10 rounders don't get in your way.

Very nice rifle goose, love rifles with wooden stocks, congrats
They had three other M1A rifles, one California complaint wood stock with no flash hider which I found strange being in Kentucky and two with black synthetic stocks, the one I bought caught my eye yesterday immediately and half expected it to be gone today. I got to the range store 15 minutes after they opened and was on my way home in 30 minutes. 😁😎😊

I definitely wanted to stay with the .308 and kept thinking about a bolt action but really wanted to stay with a semi-auto action. The walnut stock is absolutely gorgeous and has a beautiful finish. I am very happy not only to not have to worry about that BCG issue with that AR but also have a well established platform and still have the chance to continue with the .308 round which I enjoy shooting.
I understand completely. Both my walnut stock M1A and M14 are 308. However the James River Armory M14 was built off original Army blueprints of the M14, and the manual specified to shoot the lower pressure 7.62x51 ammo, instead of the .308. I don't believe the Springfield Armory M1A has that restriction, and can fire either round.

I understand completely. Both my walnut stock M1A and M14 are 308. However the James River Armory M14 was built off original Army blueprints of the M14, and the manual specified to shoot the lower pressure 7.62x51 ammo, instead of the .308. I don't believe the Springfield Armory M1A has that restriction, and can fire either round.
Identification tag at the store listed it as a .308 the owners manual says .308 and 7.62x51 can be fired through it. I’ll stick with.308

View attachment 20246
View attachment 20247

View attachment 20248
Very nice !!!

I believe that if you are planning on shooting hogs with it using "hunting" ammo you may need to change out the gas plug. It's recommended to do the same with the M1. With each new rifle comes a list of new accessories!

Identification tag at the store listed it as a .308 the owners manual says .308 and 7.62x51 can be fired through it. I’ll stick with.308
Yeah, I figured that was the case. My M14 is similar to the old battlefield collectible M1 Garands, where you have to fire lower pressure 30-06 ammunition, as to not damage the firearm. The new M1A's don't have that restriction.

Back