testtest

I think SA forgot to announce this???

I was thinking the same thing. You can put one together for about 1/2 that msrp.
You can put together a regular AR-15 for about $400 all in but that doesn't put it nowhere near the class of a $1200 AR-15. I've put together an AR-9 using quality parts and all together came close to the cost of this new rifle. You typically get what you pay for in the end.

You can put together a regular AR-15 for about $400 all in but that doesn't put it nowhere near the class of a $1200 AR-15. I've put together an AR-9 using quality parts and all together came close to the cost of this new rifle. You typically get what you pay for in the end.

True, but for $1200 you can put together a BCM or a Wilson AR-15 and that certainly is. You could put together an Aero for about $800. I assume less if you build out the upper too.

That's like saying low cost equals low quality and is such an unfair statement. higher cost is supposed to get you better quality, but it doesn't. It gets you overpriced items. and it goes on...............................................just believe you got the best deal and call it good?

That's like saying low cost equals low quality and is such an unfair statement. higher cost is supposed to get you better quality, but it doesn't. It gets you overpriced items. and it goes on...............................................just believe you got the best deal and call it good.
I wasn't implying low cost is low quality. I was saying more cost gets you better parts most of the time. Good quality light weight free-floating hand guards typically cost more than their low cost counterparts like the ones used on PSA uppers for instance. They work good and are reliable but they weigh a lot more and the finish is basic. A good muzzle device and trigger are also going to cost you more that basic mill spec. One muzzle device alone on an AR-9 build I have is $180.00. Better is sometimes also referred to as better looking for those buying for the appeal. And when it comes to that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

9mm carbines can be a tricky build for some people also in terms of finding the right parts to have it work reliably with the right barrel, bolt, and buffer combo.

That's like saying low cost equals low quality and is such an unfair statement. higher cost is supposed to get you better quality, but it doesn't. It gets you overpriced items. and it goes on...............................................just believe you got the best deal and call it good?
Sure it does. A BCA upper costs about $250. A Noveske upper costs about $1200. An Aero Precision is about $500 and a BCM is around $800. You can line those up in order of quality and the price points will match.

Sure it does. A BCA upper costs about $250. A Noveske upper costs about $1200. An Aero Precision is about $500 and a BCM is around $800. You can line those up in order of quality and the price points will match.
I would match an AP against a Nov any day. Part of Nov's price is the different material used that cost more, but doesn't mean it's better. Each has their own decision.

I wasn't implying low cost is low quality. I was saying more cost gets you better parts most of the time. Good quality light weight free-floating hand guards typically cost more than their low cost counterparts like the ones used on PSA uppers for instance. They work good and are reliable but they weigh a lot more and the finish is basic. A good muzzle device and trigger are also going to cost you more that basic mill spec. One muzzle device alone on an AR-9 build I have is $180.00. Better is sometimes also referred to as better looking for those buying for the appeal. And when it comes to that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

9mm carbines can be a tricky build for some people also in terms of finding the right parts to have it work reliably with the right barrel, bolt, and buffer combo.
On pcc I'll agree! Biggest issue I've found is extractors breaking.

On pcc I'll agree! Biggest issue I've found is extractors breaking.
The right balance for buffer to bolt weight can be an issue also with either violent cycling or failure to fully cycle. I do a decent amount of research when I put rifles together as to avoid these issues. I've read about broken extractors in PCC's being an issue for some as you mentioned.

Back