testtest

I think SA forgot to announce this???

The main thing when dealing with less budget friendly firearms is most people don't get to have a real world comparison between budget build or upper tier firearms so a lot of which is better is just assumption. This goes for people that buy on both ends of that spectrum.

AR-9's are wicked fun to shoot and can be really cost effective for longer time spent at the range. I would have liked to see the SA 9mm carbine able to take 9mm XDM Elite mags for side arm interchangeability. Better yet would be a SA carbine in 10mm as if this needed to be said. 😜

the overall length is 45". that is about as long as my winchester m75 target rifle. for a pcc i would want something more compact.
45in OAL can't be the correct length for an AR with a 16in barrel unless you have the world's longest receiver of length or pull. This has to be closer to 32in-34in.

The AR buffer system really screws up the potential compactness that can be achieved with a 16in rifle. Having a system that could run without a buffer would allow for a folding stock. Most people don't fire with a folded stock closed but having this feature makes a huge difference in terms of storage.

45in OAL can't be the correct length for an AR with a 16in barrel unless you have the world's longest receiver of length or pull. This has to be closer to 32in-34in.

The AR buffer system really screws up the potential compactness that can be achieved with a 16in rifle. Having a system that could run without a buffer would allow for a folding stock. Most people don't fire with a folded stock closed but having this feature makes a huge difference
0042F078-B3B4-4A5F-BA2B-4273977E509A.png

From the description on midway. Will check the sa sight when i get a chance.

I would have liked to see the SA 9mm carbine able to take 9mm XDM Elite mags for side arm interchangeability. Better yet would be a SA carbine in 10mm as if this needed to be said. 😜
I agree.

SA has made a BIG mistake not to set it up to use XDM Elite mags, or more importantly Glock 19/17 mags like just about everyone else does.

Would have been interested in the SA PCC but the mag choice is a deal-breaker.

And I’m not saying Aero isn’t quality stuff. I’m totally going to build one soon. They were in the running for the one I’m working on now, but I already have a WC lower so I’m probably going to use a WC upper. Or BCM.

Not that I’m any kind of authority mind you. I have no doubt TFL knows way more about the platform than I do.

And I’m not saying Aero isn’t quality stuff. I’m totally going to build one soon. They were in the running for the one I’m working on now, but I already have a WC lower so I’m probably going to use a WC upper. Or BCM.

Not that I’m any kind of authority mind you. I have no doubt TFL knows way more about the platform than I do.
Performance wise you'll most likely never notice the difference.

Last edited:
Performance wise you'll most likely never know the difference.
That's the part of the woods the military has me beat on, because of where they go, train and fight. Until it comes to my neck, then I can state otherwise.

I could be wrong, but I think AP is a sub part of Kreiger? Even if so I've never had any bad parts, performance and/or questions on doubts about AP. Just like buying a $4,500 tavor, I'll pass. If I just wanted to buy and not build, then I would be singing another song. No suppressors, no full autos, just making thing easy at this time on builds. Buying for the 1st 2 I would go with 7075 instead of 6061 aluminum. Those 2 are the cost difference or just adding up to it.

When it comes to building ARs as long as the internal dimensions are built to spec, there's not much difference in the handful of companies that actually make stripped uppers & lowers. Upper-scale companies make their difference in how the exterior aesthetics ar, and more than you think get their "fancy" uppers & lowers built by other companies.

I've used Anderson stripped uppers & lowers and they run as fine as the Aero P, Spikes, YHM and BCM stripped uppers & lowers I've used.

I put my extra care & $$ into the barrel (heart of the rifle), the trigger (soul of the rifle), the BCG and better user-friendly controls/parts when building/upgrading ARs.

However, there are makers, POF, LMT, Noveskes, BCM that do put more extra effort into their factory guns.

If you want to spend extra $$ on a name then that's fine.

My .02

Back