testtest

I think SA forgot to announce this???

Noveske had their own; if they were mfg’d by FN, that’s news to me.
FN made to Noveske specs as far as contours (Noveske has their own special contours) & markings from what I've heard, although Noveske could get the base barrels from FN then contour them in their own shop.

If the vendor says its 2X chrome-lined & M249 steel it's born at the FN factory, and only one company makes M249s in the US.

Noveskes' 300 Blk Out M249 barrels are FN made to Noveske specs.

The Spikes Tactical & PSA barrels described with the same qualities are also FN barrels. I haven't used a Spikes but at least PSA tells they buyer where that barrel comes from (the FN barrels are part of their premium line). For a couple years PSA didn't mark FN on the FN barrels but openly admitted they were FN barrels & now they just go with the FN markings.

Been looking at a Spikes FN barrel for a rebarrel project but I just may go with the PSA since its cheaper.

BTW - Noveske should move to Idaho due to the new Oregon law.

Last edited:
When it comes to building ARs as long as the internal dimensions are built to spec, there's not much difference in the handful of companies that actually make stripped uppers & lowers. Upper-scale companies make their difference in how the exterior aesthetics ar, and more than you think get their "fancy" uppers & lowers built by other companies.

I've used Anderson stripped uppers & lowers and they run as fine as the Aero P, Spikes, YHM and BCM stripped uppers & lowers I've used.

I put my extra care & $$ into the barrel (heart of the rifle), the trigger (soul of the rifle), the BCG and better user-friendly controls/parts when building/upgrading ARs.

However, there are makers, POF, LMT, Noveskes, BCM that do put more extra effort into their factory guns.

If you want to spend extra $$ on a name then that's fine.

My .02
I don't think I'll ever buy another factory AR. That said, I have no doubt I will be building some with BCM, Rosco and Aero uppers.

I'm still figuring stuff out. Like NIB bolt carrier groups don't need chrome lined carriers and gas keys, stainless steel barrels don't need to be chrome lined, etc.

With my latest one I fully intended to build an Aero or a BCM, but this Wilson Combat lower fell into my wife's lap and so I am thinking about using one of their uppers. They are in the same price range as BCM. Noveske is about 50% higher.

You’re the only guy in the world saying that brother. Navy seals are running Noveskes and you can buy AP uppers for under $500. I have my doubts.
There was an article posted here not too long ago about the new FDE 10.5” suppressed Noveskes that were being issued to them. Certainly in the last year or so.
they’re mainly running HK 416’s…
I have posted this a few times on the forum:

This crow sure tastes delicious fellas. What's fair is fair and I trashed this one without ever touching it and here I am with one, so mucho egg on my face. Range is hot boys. :cautious:

I sold off a bunch of ammo I had surplus of and got rid of a 12GA that I never used. Upon realizing I had amassed a little chunk of change, I went out in search of my latest item I was obsessing over... a PCC.

I happened to come across the new SV PCC and got to hold it. It felt really nice. Looks really good too minus the super straight stick mag lol. Good ergonomics on the handguard, I like the blast diverter, good weight on it overall, and the mags are solid in the receiver. Solid construction on them too. I still don't love the look of the mag itself, but what it lacks in aesthetics it makes up for in quality and the lockup when you put a mag in is very reassuring. She obviously came home with me.

Haven't shot it yet, waiting on some extra mags and optics come in. Hopefully both this week so I can take it out.

This crow sure tastes delicious fellas. What's fair is fair and I trashed this one without ever touching it and here I am with one, so mucho egg on my face. Range is hot boys. :cautious:

I sold off a bunch of ammo I had surplus of and got rid of a 12GA that I never used. Upon realizing I had amassed a little chunk of change, I went out in search of my latest item I was obsessing over... a PCC.

I happened to come across the new SV PCC and got to hold it. It felt really nice. Looks really good too minus the super straight stick mag lol. Good ergonomics on the handguard, I like the blast diverter, good weight on it overall, and the mags are solid in the receiver. Solid construction on them too. I still don't love the look of the mag itself, but what it lacks in aesthetics it makes up for in quality and the lockup when you put a mag in is very reassuring. She obviously came home with me.

Haven't shot it yet, waiting on some extra mags and optics come in. Hopefully both this week so I can take it out.
Yeah I got one too. After having it for about a week I'm about 75% pleased with it. A few things getting replaced on it then I should be happy.

I'm very glad it has the straight SMG mags, as I already had several mags.

Back