testtest

If you bought the gun you wanted, why are you now disappointed?

My wife is a lot less experienced than I with guns. I only owned striker fired pistols but had fired many DA's and she never had. She loves my Beretta CX4 Storm so she thought that she might just like Berettas. She tried on a 92fs and absolutely fell in love with how it felt in her hand, so I bought one. At the range (admittedly it had been awhile since she'd shot) she fell out of love when she felt the trigger pull and double action. The most regrettable part about it is that I had a strong feeling that it may happen, but I went ahead with the purchase. I don't regret it completely because it's a super sexy pistol in my opinion and one that I really love, but when you're used to striker fired it's definitely different.
I'll get her used to it and make her love it (I hope). I guess the real regret is that there are others that I would have picked up first, but live and learn and buy more guns later.
I have never purchased a gun that I was later disappointed with. Although I have a couple that were gifted to me that fit that bill. My trophy wife bought me a Ruger LC9 for Xmas one year and I liked everything about it EXCEPT the trigger pull, First Gen was a DA and the trigger was looooong and heavy and the release to reset was loooooong as well. Ruger listened to their customers complaints and came out with the LC9S (striker fire). I bought one and I like everything about it and it does duty as one of my EDCs. She couldn't understand how the trigger pull could be such an issue so I took her to the range to fire them both, now she understands.

I have never purchased a gun that I was later disappointed with. Although I have a couple that were gifted to me that fit that bill. My trophy wife bought me a Ruger LC9 for Xmas one year and I liked everything about it EXCEPT the trigger pull, First Gen was a DA and the trigger was looooong and heavy and the release to reset was loooooong as well. Ruger listened to their customers complaints and came out with the LC9S (striker fire). I bought one and I like everything about it and it does duty as one of my EDCs. She couldn't understand how the trigger pull could be such an issue so I took her to the range to fire them both, now she understands.

Well that reminded me of the only gun I ever just gave away. A Ruger LCP.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy discussion about Rugers, but none of their semi autos do anything for me.

i feel the same way about S&W semi-automatics.

love thier 1911's and revolvers however.
That's the beauty of it. Everything ain't for everybody, so it's a good thing we have choices. My Shield .45 is in my top ten favorite guns I own and for CC when you must not print at all it's number 1. Similarly, I love Ruger revolvers and I own a few. You can have my Blackhawk if you can kill me first.

A few years ago, I finally bought my first 1911.
It was a Springfield Range Officer Operator, it's not that I'm disappointed with the firearm I am disappointed with Springfield that they keep bringing a new 1911 out every month.
Geez I can't buy them all !!!

A few years ago, I finally bought my first 1911.
It was a Springfield Range Officer Operator, it's not that I'm disappointed with the firearm I am disappointed with Springfield that they keep bringing a new 1911 out every month.
Geez I can't buy them all !!!
yes you can.

it's called, "member of the month club"

i cannot eat cheese, or cakes, so being a member of those clubs ain't gonna happen.

so i can satisfy my cravings monthly with my "gun of the month club".

I remember one that disappointed me. Rhineland Arms R22.

You might have never heard of it. It was a short-lived new .22LR rifle that appeared about 2005 or so. It used common AR fire-contol parts and a 10/22 bolt and magazine system in an H&K-looking frame. I got on it early and mine has a two-digit serial number.

It wouldn't work right out of the box. Wouldn't feed about one out of every three or four rounds from any magazine, Ruger or aftermarket. When it DID fire, though, it was stunningly accurate, and would put most of my .22 bolt actions to shame.

I diagnosed the problem and remember having to do some careful filing somewhere in the receiver or mag seating area, and it worked better after that, but I never got it to 100% function before I lost interest in it. Got down to maybe one or two malfs in a 25-round mag. I also remember having to file the extractor to a much sharper hook shape to get reliable ejection--the chamber seemed to be tight, which is great for accuracy, slightly less so for function.

Two other things I didn't like about it: The buttstock was, I believe, sourced from airsoft stocks, and is very light and feels and sounds cheap. Also, I really wanted to set it up with HK-type iron sights. Never could find any. The thing has a full-length rail so anything that will bolt on an AR will bolt right on, but all AR-type sights I've ever seen are set up for a high sight line a la the original AR/M16, and I wanted much lower sights for a better cheek weld.

I eventually (three or four years ago) ran across a set of satisfactory sights on the CZ website, intended for one of their carbines. They're not exactly like I wanted, but they ARE exactly WHERE I wanted them to be, and they were very reasonably priced. Also a few years ago I lucked into a surplus HK buttstock, satisfyingly sturdy and weighty. It should have been a direct bolt-on, and ALMOST is, but there's a little interference somewhere that will require a little careful grinding on either the lower receiver (which would be easy) or on the stock (which would be more difficult). I haven't gotten around to this little project yet.

Here's an old pic of it with a scope, along with my DPMS M4 .22LR, which is also VERY accurate, and reliable.

DPMSR22x600.jpg

Who makes this gun it’s really nice
AREX from Slovenia. Note: it's able to be carried in Condition 1.

AREX from Slovenia. Note: it's able to be carried in Condition 1.

Thanks Talyn very nice looking piece I like it

I bought a Beretta ARX 100, the cool factor of ambidextrous was short lived and I sold it, so basically lost 300 hundred bucks test firing three or four mags through it.

I bought a Tavor X95, wildly inaccurate weapon, few after market parts to add, cool factor went away asap and took a few hundred dollar bath on reselling it.

Basically, AR alternate weapons do not compete with the versatility and value of the AR platform.

I bought a Beretta ARX 100, the cool factor of ambidextrous was short lived and I sold it, so basically lost 300 hundred bucks test firing three or four mags through it.

I bought a Tavor X95, wildly inaccurate weapon, few after market parts to add, cool factor went away asap and took a few hundred dollar bath on reselling it.

Basically, AR alternate weapons do not compete with the versatility and value of the AR platform.
On the Tavor, I'm calling "Anomaly". My buddy has one and it is as accurate and reliable as any other AR.

One question, what gun store allows you to shoot a new gun without a confirmation your going to buy it since that gun is or should be now considered used?? Now maybe your talking about a used gun in a private sale otherwise I’m confused.
We have "shoot point blank " stores near me. I think they'll allow you 5 rounds to try it before you buy it. It's really only "used" if it's been on a form 4473.

On the Tavor, I'm calling "Anomaly". My buddy has one and it is as accurate and reliable as any other AR.
Sloppy groupings beyond 25 yards, mainly from a meh trigger. Was disappointed to not have the ability for tight groupings in such an expensive weapon that was essentially mil spec, but unlike a Daniel Defense rifle, there are few aftermarket updates that can be procured.

Back