testtest

In my neck of the woods

I just found out tonight that a black bear has broken into a few people's goat enclosures killing & eating them in my area recently. Some local bee keepers have had their hives destroyed also by bears. I've seen some footage of these bears and man do they look healthy!!! 😳

🤔 Unless......... maybe it's a chupacabra?
Stuffing themselves before hibernation I suppose (unless the goats have been completely drained of blood, then maybe a chupacabra. I hear they like to hibernate in chicken coops) :LOL:

Hi Annihilator,

Of all killer beasts, only mountain lions trouble me. That's because they're silent killers.

CA is plagued with mountain lions. They're frequently spotted in suburban areas. There are many mountain lions in Southern CA, especially LA county.

I was recently in the Rockies. I was told that my mule deer unit had many lions. They're hunted in that area.

Most self-defense handgun cartridges will work on lions, my Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto is my mean critter insurance policy.

Hi Annihilator,

Of all killer beasts, only mountain lions trouble me. That's because they're silent killers.

CA is plagued with mountain lions. They're frequently spotted in suburban areas. There are many mountain lions in Southern CA, especially LA county.

I was recently in the Rockies. I was told that my mule deer unit had many lions. They're hunted in that area.

Most self-defense handgun cartridges will work on lions, my Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto is my mean critter insurance policy.
There very rare where I live in Ohio, bobcats occasionally, we had a mountain lion around my area last year, then it was gone. My brother has my old S&W model 629 .44 mag just in case it get close to his home.

Last edited:
There very rare where I live in Ohio, bobcats occasionally, we had a mountain lion around my area last year, then it was gone. My brother has my old S&W model 629 .44 mag just in case it get close to his home.
There are lions in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Lions are completely protected in CA. CA voters approved an initiative that removed lions from scientific wildlife management, and moved them to emotional wildlife management, which means that they're completely protected.

There are lions in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Lions are completely protected in CA. CA voters approved an initiative that removed lions from scientific wildlife management, and moved them to emotional wildlife management, which means that they're completely protected.
ODNR are going to exterminate it unless someone else gets to it first, guess there’s been a good bit of small animals missing, probably got ate.

Yep, they do, I’m not in favor of shooting it myself unless it attacked someone, relocation would be a good choice.
I don't know what your deer population is where you live but here in Southern Illinois we have them running everywhere. They are even in the middle of our small town ( population around 15,000 ) . There is plenty of food for the big cats around here.

There has been a mountain lion seen within 2 miles of my house here in Mid-Michigan. A neighbor 2 miles away saw it in his horse pasture about four years ago. It has been caught on game cameras several times since then. Last year they captured a picture of 2 mountain lions on a game camera. Of course the Michigan DNR deny we have a mountain lion population. :)

Back