testtest

in the hunt for a new car

We still have a old wood burning fireplace but we don’t use it much wife doesn’t like the smoke in the house she saids it mess up the paint
i think you're supposed to open the flue..???.....to let the smoke go up and out of the house..???.....:ROFLMAO:

but seriously, i was at the CVS store one morning about 5:30 AM, and there was smoke all over the area, white smoke too...the bait/gun store i hang at, opened up that early. the other "hang out guy", went to see where the smoke was coming from, it was from a chimney.

he pounded on the door, but no one answered, and of course, he did call the F.D.

they came like in less than 3 minutes, (station right down the street) and they POUNDED on the guys doors, THEN he wakes up....:ROFLMAO:

anyway, of course a chimney fire, the creosote was thick they found, and that's the problem, people with fireplaces do not take care of them properly each year.

i think my buddy was too light in his pounding on the door, i mean after all, all of us there at the store are in our high 70's and some in the 80's....

but a young fire fighter can certainly pound on the door much LOUDER......:LOL:

that, and he did have the axe in his hand too......;)

I drive a 1996 Ford F150, inline 6 with a 5 speed manual transmission. Yesterday I was getting my annual Wellmed physical and the Physician's Assistant asked, "Do you still drive?". I answered, "Yes ma'am. That old blue Ford truck in the parking lot is mine. It's a 5 speed.". She smiled. She told me all my labs looked good and I was in great shape.

I completed the physical and then took a 30 minute drive in my truck. Somehow a Sig Sauer P320 Compact that I had on layaway got paid off and came home with me...:) I ordered a 21 round high capacity magazine for it this morning. Christmas came early this year for me...:)

I feel you on the hunt for a new car, my dude. It can be a real pain in the rear, but it's always worth it in the end. And hey, have you heard about Chrysler's new futuristic car concept with the AI-powered dashboard? That's some wild stuff, man. But listen, if you ever do find that perfect ride and need to relocate it, you gotta check out Shipaa. They're the kings of car relocation, and they make it super easy to get your ride from point A to point B. They offer a bunch of different services to fit your needs, like open transport and enclosed trailers, and they have transparent pricing and tracking, so you know exactly what you're getting into.

Good luck! I hate going into dealers, it's like going into a prison, all the crooks are ready to jump you. This day and age no dealing, price is on window, either buy it or not. Hope you find one you like.

Good luck! I hate going into dealers, it's like going into a prison, all the crooks are ready to jump you. This day and age no dealing, price is on window, either buy it or not. Hope you find one you like.
That's because of financing rates being low. I pay in full when I purchase a new or even a used vehicle and even so they don't take much of anything off. Most of the time I'll have a build to spec and wait 4-8 weeks for arrival. I don't pay anything upfront and price is set before ordering.

yes, the days of haggling are pretty much over...they basically sell below retail (at least here they do), but they will get you in the service bays. that's what they are banking on.

even though i can do my own repairs, i don't anymore, other than changing the wipers , or the air filters.

age and aches/pains took over years ago.

i prefer the stealerships for repairs, only so that factory parts are installed, over after market, prices are nearly the same nowadays as the small repair shops.

i been doing this now for years.

IMG_1753.gif

I'm a retired mechanic and I can tell you two things as absolute fact.
1. The more complicated you make it (i.e. electronics) the more likely it is to break.
2. Its also much more expensive to fix.
I foresee a day when cars will become expendable items. If it breaks, you just buy a new one because its cheaper than fixing the one you have. :mad:
When I started finding computers in backhoes, I knew it was time to retire. :rolleyes:

1. The more complicated you make it (i.e. electronics) the more likely it is to break.
I foresee a day when cars will become expendable items. If it breaks, you just buy a new one because its cheaper than fixing the one you have. :mad:
When I started finding computers in backhoes, I knew it was time to retire. :rolleyes:
We have some real big Cats with computers in them. Electronic keys, Etc. Some of the high lifts have programmed GPS for grade. My main tractors are either Cat 305 or 308s ( with electronic BS on them) or my steady squeeze, a beat to **** Yanmar 35 on which I’ve removed the bucket safety shackle and pin so all I have to do to switch buckets/ attachments is hit a power button and a mount/ dismount switch in the cab. Other than connecting or disconnecting hydraulic hoses on my breaker or hydraulic tamper I don’t even have to leave the cab. And I got a laborer to do that so……

There doesn’t seem to be enough high school trade engagement by encouraging kids to use both their heads and hands.
The future for the engine and gasoline looks grim as does the coming generation of thumb-twiddling cellphone zombies.
It’s a throw-a-way society when it comes to electronics (cheap stuff or high end stuff) yet the same moaning idiots forget their last crusade - concern about overfilling the landfills.

I have an old pickup, pretty much no extra gadgetry and runs good but lower rocker rust is bad. The 50,000 miles on the drivetrain certainly is outlasting the body.
Of the few body nearby shops I visited for estimates, none want to take the job.
My guess is it’s the time it takes to dismantle (and I wonder if whether welding skill come in to play) and this seems they rather dabble in 3-4 day quick-fix pull a fender, door panel (replaced with a cheap knock off) prime and paint - out the door insurance jobs, rather than something a bit more time consuming or complex.

There doesn’t seem to be enough high school trade engagement by encouraging kids to use both their heads and hands.
The future for the engine and gasoline looks grim as does the coming generation of thumb-twiddling cellphone zombies.
It’s a throw-a-way society when it comes to electronics (cheap stuff or high end stuff) yet the same moaning idiots forget their last crusade - concern about overfilling the landfills.

I have an old pickup, pretty much no extra gadgetry and runs good but lower rocker rust is bad. The 50,000 miles on the drivetrain certainly is outlasting the body.
Of the few body nearby shops I visited for estimates, none want to take the job.
My guess is it’s the time it takes to dismantle (and I wonder if whether welding skill come in to play) and this seems they rather dabble in 3-4 day quick-fix pull a fender, door panel (replaced with a cheap knock off) prime and paint - out the door insurance jobs, rather than something a bit more time consuming or complex.
I get to work on my own namesake..
no fancy computers .. no fancy anything.. a truck the way a truck is supposed to be … used off road and haul stuff ..

E4491CAB-1BA3-4CDB-A531-1A2431A3D2AF.jpeg

4E21A809-3B4B-4306-AEFC-CB6E8F191A44.jpeg
80489C2E-97E1-4C4F-9E64-1DA65E3D737B.jpeg

Back