testtest

Invaded

Of course the Chair Force has pets...
?????...........
1667227256060.png

The base I referred to is Maxwell near Montgomery, Alabama. There are officers 'in training' from countries around the world and 'secure' is an understatement. Gate guards don't play, so will not visit their wonderful campus -- I refuse to go anywhere unarmed period.

The Military being part of the Federal Government is subject to all the pet peeves of Federal Politicians, and then the State Laws the base is located.

And it has changed since I was last on active duty.....

I can remember rules about having personal firearms on base for those that lived on base, was that they had to check their personal weapon into the base armory. I think if you lived in base housing, you were allowed to keep a personal firearm in the house. I don't think barracks were allowed to keep their personal firearm in the barracks, that may have changed since then.

I work as a civilian on a Military base now, well supporting the military in corporate offices just off the base, but that requires me to drive on the base often. And this is a Logistics, Acquisitions and Test base that has more civilians than military. There is a big sign as you drive up to the gate stating no firearms are permitted on base, nor in vehicles. Only a few years ago, there was a Rod & Gun club on base, its is gone now.

Remember, the Radicalized Muslim Army Psychologist that shot up a bunch of soldiers on Ft Hood, in communication with ISIS, went to the medical pre-deployment screening of an Army Unit at the Base Hospital and killed 17 soldiers and injured 40 more with his glock. Because Army personnel can't carry firearms on base, the weapons are kept locked up and only issued for training.

Come to find out this guy tossed one red flag after another that he had become a radicalized Muslim, making a Official Presentation to other Army officers arguing the ridiculous claims radicalized Muslims were actually true and the Army was bad guy in the Global War on terror and the Army did nothing about this guy. It was a single blip on the media's radar that soon disappeared when they learned he was Muslim. Then went back to hyperbole over the other incidents at Ft Hood, pushing a narrative that all these things happen because the Army still has a good ol' boys attitude and protecting men against accusations of women.:cautious:

Ist Gulf War, carrying a personal side-arm as your duty sidearm was perfectly acceptable, my impression it had been since the revolution. 2nd Gulf War it was expressly prohibited, you would not bring any personal weapons into theater, only the weapons issued to you.

Ist Gulf War I had a crewchief that had a big chrome plated Dirty Harry .44Magnum in his shoulder holster.

2nd Gulf War, everyone had the M9, that's it. We did spot a Warrant Officer with a USGI looking 1911 in his shoulder holster, no one reported him, and don't think he ever had a problem carrying it, except for servicemen asking to see it. I'm sure the Dirty Harry chrome plated .44Magnum would have gotten the carrier NJP'ed.

Back