testtest

Is a revolver a good carry gun?

Attachments

• 88845280-F95E-4DB4-A309-B301A30F9BC1.png
    88845280-F95E-4DB4-A309-B301A30F9BC1.png
    785.4 KB · Views: 187
Of course it is, any gun can be a good carry gun with practice and training.
Granted some firearms are better than others, but if a revolver is all you have it is definitely better than having none at all..

The first Opening Post link only went to Brownells with no article/Video about revolver carrying. However, Talyn's second post with two links, I was able to successfully get to their intended subjects.

For someone who is kind of a "gun nut," a semi-auto is likely the best choice. For someone who just wants something to defend themselves with, a revolver may make more sense. In my experience, a revolver can be carried around in your pocket or purse, and if it is needed, it will likely work even if there is a ittle lint and fuzz in it. A semi-auto is a little more sensitive to dirt in my mind. A semi-auto is also more finicky about ammo feed, and some of them do not work well with all the ammo out there. A revolver is more likely to shoot whatever you put in it. Just my $0.02 worth. So, a revolver is definitely worth consideration, or maybe one of both :).

The first Opening Post link only went to Brownells with no article/Video about revolver carrying. However, Talyn's second post with two links, I was able to successfully get to their intended subjects.
The last one posted works today, not last night, but again, who am I.

The last one posted works today, not last night, but again, who am I.
Your Anni the 🤖 (I don't know how many times I have to remind you :rolleyes:😆).
Yeah, yesterday one of the two links posted later worked, and the 2nd on I got what you received, but as I scrolled down I saw a bunch of small Brownells video boxes with different topics (but like I said, the main one up top appeared like you showed). Now they both seem to work.

For someone who is kind of a "gun nut," a semi-auto is likely the best choice. For someone who just wants something to defend themselves with, a revolver may make more sense. In my experience, a revolver can be carried around in your pocket or purse, and if it is needed, it will likely work even if there is a ittle lint and fuzz in it. A semi-auto is a little more sensitive to dirt in my mind. A semi-auto is also more finicky about ammo feed, and some of them do not work well with all the ammo out there. A revolver is more likely to shoot whatever you put in it. Just my $0.02 worth. So, a revolver is definitely worth consideration, or maybe one of both :).
Good post somorris. I also read (or watched), that in Alaska, revolvers were preferred over pistols as revolvers dealt better in the cold, freezing weather that included rain, ice and snow. You don't want you pistol freezing on you when a Brown bear is charging.

WOW... pinned barrel, round butt, deep royal blue finish and I don't see turn ring mark on the cylinder. does get better then that. Does he have the box and papers?

Back