testtest

Is an Empty Chamber Dangerous?

Cruiser Safe is loaded tube on the shotgun, empty chamber, action locked and cocked, and safety on. To fire you press slide release, chamber a round, and push safety to off.

Cruiser ready is the same, except the action is fired and unlocked on an empty chamber, so chambering a round does not require pressing the slide release. It used to be that the safety was also off in cruiser ready but I don't think most agencies teach it that way any more.

Cruiser Safe is loaded tube on the shotgun, empty chamber, action locked and cocked, and safety on. To fire you press slide release, chamber a round, and push safety to off.

Cruiser ready is the same, except the action is fired and unlocked on an empty chamber, so chambering a round does not require pressing the slide release. It used to be that the safety was also off in cruiser ready but I don't think most agencies teach it that way any more.
Thanks, Hayes. Exactly what I wanted to know. ;)

They’d work well in your work equipment cab. Nothing like reaching for the blaster when the thugs come walking down the street to check on “work progress” 🙂
Except I now work in nice suburban neighborhoods where the worst thing that could happen is some Karen is unhappy with how I graded out her yard.

Plus I don’t think the company would like me installing extracurricular paraphernalia in their vehicle. 😂😂

Apparently I didn't say anything 2 years ago.

Short answer my two carry guns are Glocks and I carry with a round in the chamber.

Long answer, when I started carrying handgun I carried with an empty chamber because that's what the Army taught me.

One morning I was on my way to work and somebody walked up behind me and spooked me. I drew my gun, as it turned out unnecessarily, and after it was all over I realized that I had never made any attempt to chamber a round.

That's when I decided to start carrying with a round in chamber.

I think the transition was easier for me because my first carry gun was a TDA Smith & Wesson Model 915.

FB_IMG_1707248359689.jpg

The first Striker fire gun that I carried was an M&P9
20240206_125326.jpg

It really wasn't much of a leap from TDA to SFAand carrying one at work got me used to it.

The only time that I ever heard of a work related negligent discharge was a story that supposedly our manager insisted that all guards carry with a loaded chamber. He caught a guard with an empty chamber one day and demanded that the guy load his chamber. Apparently when the guy did he had a slam fire.

I didn't see it so I honestly don't even know for sure it really happened.

And to sum up again, I carry with the loaded chamber

Last edited:
Back