testtest

Is Low Quality Factory Ammo Dangerous?

I already posted my load data which is way more potent than your Hornady manual says. In addition I’ve posted the videos with the chronographed evidence. I don’t know how much more proof you need. You should probably go back and read it.

You should also compare apples to apples. If your 500 data is for an 8” and the rifle data you are comparing it to is from a 20”, you aren’t comparing the on equal ground, are you?

As for your charges, you are comparing powder weight of rifle powder vs magnum pistol. Not the same. Also not the same case volume. That also effects your pressure.
No I'm not comparing Pistols and Rifle s I'm showing you what a true "Big Bore" is compared to wut is in my opinion an over powered hand cannon! Further more I've never been one to believe everything I see on TV, so no. I didn't watch your videos. Also, to claim that a .460 or 500 S&W has dam near the same energy as a .416 Dangerous Game stopping cartridge is absolutely ludicrous! In my opinion A 30-06 will out perform a S&W5OO at everything. I simply feel it is an impractical cartridge, but that's just my opinion and everybody's got one! Even with your load data the numbers don't lie when it comes to powder charges and Ballistic Coefficient! And by looking at the BC of the 500S&W projectiles. it doesn't look to me like it carries any performance far at all. I've also never been one to have the biggest and baddest just because it's the biggest and baddest. If I have no use for it? Than I obviously don't need it! I also don't know anyone in Alaska that packs one for hunting or has even killed anything with one with the exception of one friend of mine that had to shoot a Bull Buffalo in the head four times with a S&W500! Four frick'n times! So big bore stoping power? I think not friend! But hey, like I said earlier. If you like the cartridge and enjoy firing it that's all that matters right?

It’s been fun bantering brother. I need a couple hours sleep before I have to get up for work. I always enjoy the 500 magnum conversation. I’ve done a lot with that cartridge. I keep 4 power levels of cartridges on hand just so the not so tough shooters can enjoy it too. They are guns no one needs but most can enjoy with the appropriate ammo for them. Cheers brother.
Good on ya! 👍 It's an impressive pistol cartridge without a doubt!

Respectfully, I will keep my definitions of big bore handguns and rifles separate. I am supportive of those that acquire guns and shoot them except those who do harm to innocents
Well said! Well said Indeed. I would like to have a .460 S&W I just don't think I'd shoot it that much. Ammo is to expensive and hard to find, so I haven't brought myself to buying one.

Back