testtest

Judge to NRA: no bankruptcy for you

NRA Bankruptcy Case Denied, Allowing New York Dissolution Case To Move Forward - https://www.npr.org/2021/05/11/9959...g-risk-for-dissolution-of-group?origin=NOTIFY
Thanks for posting Hans:
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is intended for restructuring. Generally speaking for financial restructuring at the time filed from my understanding of the law. It sounds like their, NRA's bankruptcy filing, may also have been a delaying tactic to reformulate and restructure NRA into another location out of state to prevent a possible financial disaster in another as well? Doing a double dip, split or twist? Smart move in some ways. Technically speaking NRA's filing is still financially motivated, but only in a possible future tense from what heard. Which comes first the chicken or the egg?

NRA may need to refile or appeal to survive? But, if Texas enters into the picture and paperwork has been propely filed? Then ICC or Interstate Commerce Commission may come into play as well? Could get trickier. Am not thinking it's over just yet.

Thanks for posting Hans:
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is intended for restructuring. Generally speaking for financial restructuring at the time filed from my understanding of the law. It sounds like their, NRA's bankruptcy filing, may also have been a delaying tactic to reformulate and restructure NRA into another location out of state to prevent a possible financial disaster in another as well? Doing a double dip, split or twist? Smart move in some ways. Technically speaking NRA's filing is still financially motivated, but only in a possible future tense from what heard. Which comes first the chicken or the egg?

NRA may need to refile or appeal to survive? But, if Texas enters into the picture and paperwork has been propely filed? Then ICC or Interstate Commerce Commission may come into play as well? Could get trickier. Am not thinking it's over just yet.
...well, it’s pretty much over for me, anyway. I believe I’ll do what a gun friend at the hospital did: let my membership lapse (I think it runs out next year) unless/until they get the messes straightened out. Time to get back to the core business, to use a tired old corporate cliche.
John is in GOA and I’m joining also...

Thanks for posting Hans:

It was a Texas judge that denied their claim...don't think refiling I an option.

It was a desperate move to keep the New York litigations a bay...which can now move forward.

A whole lot of dirty laundry is about to get aired...and I say, it's about time.

I truly hope this ends with WLP behind bars...but you know it'll be someone lower on the food chain that takes the fall.

It was a Texas judge that denied their claim...don't think refiling I an option.

It was a desperate move to keep the New York litigations a bay...which can now move forward.

A whole lot of dirty laundry is about to get aired...and I say, it's about time.

I truly hope this ends with WLP behind bars...but you know it'll be someone lower on the food chain that takes the fall.
Yes, am hoping the **** hits the fan for the common good of all members when airing the laundry too.
NRA definitely needs restructuring to move forward. Too much conflict now.

Bankruptcy is Federal, even when filed in a particular state. Each state has a federal court. Each state law's can be different but states generally/usually abide by federal decision. Likely depends on how NY's AG suit was filed against the NRA too? Federally or just in NY state? It can be both if remember right? Am not sure on that part, don't remember seeing or reading on how NY's AG filed complaint.

It's hard for me to understand anyone applauding what is pretty clearly an attempt by the gun hating, shall we say, intelligence challenged NY attorney general " Tish" James along with Cuomo to destroy the NRA.

Something to think about. The democrats aren't afraid of the GOA. They are very afraid of the NRA. Wonder why. I imagine we'll find out once the left ( with the inadvertent help of gun owners) succeed in destroying it.

It's hard for me to understand anyone applauding what is pretty clearly an attempt by the gun hating, shall we say, intelligence challenged NY attorney general " Tish" James along with Cuomo to destroy the NRA.

Something to think about. The democrats aren't afraid of the GOA. They are very afraid of the NRA. Wonder why. I imagine we'll find out once the left ( with the inadvertent help of gun owners) succeed in destroying it.
Because I'm tired, as a life member, of what I paid in being used to support the corrupt f***s running the NRA, and they need to be taken out of control, period.

If this is what it takes, so be it. They've shown that they aren't interested in putting the organization above themselves--they're the ones who want to see it burn.

Put the blame where it correctly lies.

Because I'm tired, as a life member, of what I paid in being used to support the corrupt f***s running the NRA, and they need to be taken out of control, period.

If this is what it takes, so be it. They've shown that they aren't interested in putting the organization above themselves--they're the ones who want to see it burn.

Put the blame where it correctly lies.
Which is why I wonder why WLP is still there. Seems to me, most of this controversy revolves around him.

We need the power of the NRA, we DON’T need idiots using the organization for their own personal pleasure. I hope there’s a way to keep the NRA in place, but get rid of the old guard who seem to be taking advantage of their positions.

Yes, am hoping the **** hits the fan for the common good of all members when airing the laundry too.
NRA definitely needs restructuring to move forward. Too much conflict now.

Bankruptcy is Federal, even when filed in a particular state. Each state has a federal court. Each state law's can be different but states generally/usually abide by federal decision. Likely depends on how NY's AG suit was filed against the NRA too? Federally or just in NY state? It can be both if remember right? Am not sure on that part, don't remember seeing or reading on how NY's AG filed complaint.
Article says it was a Federal Bankruptcy Judge in Texas. NRA can probably appeal, but this was not a State decision, it was a Federal decision.

As I've posted before, NRA has been corrupt for many many years, really not sorry to see them implode, they should have policed themselves a long time ago.........which makes me suspect the big P has a few co conspirators assisting him. P done a very effective job of usurping authority and became entrenched to the point the board would not / could not give him the boot. If an adequate investigation is undertaken, me thinks slammer time for some.

As for GOA, I joined them years ago and continuously get communications from them and they are doing an excellent job of informing the membership and winning battles in the political arena. My hope is significant numbers of (former) NRA members will climb aboard and surpass the clout of the NRA, (which clout has been withering anyway). Frankly, its hard to believe the membership of NRA did not scatter like a covey of quail long ago.

Well if the NRA implodes you can expect a serious digression in gun rights. And when some of you start complaining about it here you can expect me to point out that much like all those first time gun owners who were whining about how difficult it is to get a gun when Obama assured them it was easier than getting a library book, you made it happen and you really no longer have anything valid to say about it.

I don't disagree even a tiny bit that it appears WLP has been a 'snake in the grass' so to speak for a long time and has abused and misused the organization's funds inappropriately, if not illegally. However, even at that, and over time, the organization itself has held the gun control dogs at bay relative to our 2nd rights very well and for a long time.

Now I originally joined the NRA way back in the early 70's IIRC (probably about 50 yrs ago), had a short lapse in membership in early 2000's due to health issues, so over those years I've sent in probably more dues and other $$$'s than most on the forum here. Accepting that to be the case, I've likely had more percentage of my monies miss-spent than many here. By the same token, I've probably had more NRA protection of my 2nd amendment rights as well over that time. But I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water, especially right now with the current administration's gun control/gun ban fever.

The more turmoil, including hanging WLP out to dry will not benefit any pro-gun American nor their gun rights right now. Likely he needs to go, time will tell. But I simply can't see cutting the legs out from under the entire organization because of a couple dirty socks. Someone said it earlier that not many are afraid of any pro-gun organization as much as NRA. I would add that no other organization carries nearly as much sway as does the NRA, by a long ways !!! There are other good ones, just not in the same league as NRA when the SHTF.

Let's all hope for the best for the organization without jeopardizing and/or losing our own best interests in our pro 2nd amendment stand.

Bob, you’re starting to act like Anni.

( sorry - had to say that one:) )
94C2A234-3505-43D6-AC7B-62BE1267633E.gif

Well if the NRA implodes you can expect a serious digression in gun rights. And when some of you start complaining about it here you can expect me to point out that much like all those first time gun owners who were whining about how difficult it is to get a gun when Obama assured them it was easier than getting a library book, you made it happen and you really no longer have anything valid to say about it.
I disagree…….

I'm not happy to see this happen to the NRA, but the members did not cause this situation. All the facts will come out in trial, and I'm confident that the facts will bear witness to the truth. If a crime was committed, then there needs to be accountability for the sake of the organization.

Back