testtest

Judge to NRA: no bankruptcy for you

Well if the NRA implodes you can expect a serious digression in gun rights. And when some of you start complaining about it here you can expect me to point out that much like all those first time gun owners who were whining about how difficult it is to get a gun when Obama assured them it was easier than getting a library book, you made it happen and you really no longer have anything valid to say about it.
I can appreciate your loyalty, but I believe that you are giving the NRA more credit than they deserve for their recent influence on gun rights. Many of the most crucial recent court victories have resulted from suits brought by the Second Amendment Foundation, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, or local organizations. When the NRA lost Chris Cox in 2019, their legal team lost a valuable asset.

I do not believe progressive politicians fear the NRA; they fear gun owners (especially millions of new ones). Conservative politicians do not fear angering the NRA nearly as much as they fear angering millions of gun-owners who vote. Politicians in much of the country are currently more likely to brag about an "F" rating from the NRA than an "A" rating.

The NRA is a historic civil rights organization, just like the ACLU. Much like the ACLU, the NRA has become less accountable to their members in recent years. The dissolution of the NRA would not be the end of gun rights, any more than the dissolution of the ACLU would be the end of free speech.

I would be thrilled if the NRA could re-organize their leadership and return to their former status among gun owners. However, the 2nd Amendment will not be erased from the Constitution, and gun owners will not stop voting, if the NRA fails as the result of their refusal to clean house.

Article says it was a Federal Bankruptcy Judge in Texas. NRA can probably appeal, but this was not a State decision, it was a Federal decision.
Yup, reread article. Right on top. Guess more tired than thought? Then, it likely sticks until and if/when appealed. Likely will if can be heard. Wonder what happened to arbitrator in this mess? No mention heard of him lately. Sounded like a good guy. Guess he didn't fit into NRA's plans?

I can appreciate your loyalty, but I believe that you are giving the NRA more credit than they deserve for their recent influence on gun rights. Many of the most crucial recent court victories have resulted from suits brought by the Second Amendment Foundation, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, or local organizations. When the NRA lost Chris Cox in 2019, their legal team lost a valuable asset.

I do not believe progressive politicians fear the NRA; they fear gun owners (especially millions of new ones). Conservative politicians do not fear angering the NRA nearly as much as they fear angering millions of gun-owners who vote. Politicians in much of the country are currently more likely to brag about an "F" rating from the NRA than an "A" rating.

The NRA is a historic civil rights organization, just like the ACLU. Much like the ACLU, the NRA has become less accountable to their members in recent years. The dissolution of the NRA would not be the end of gun rights, any more than the dissolution of the ACLU would be the end of free speech.

I would be thrilled if the NRA could re-organize their leadership and return to their former status among gun owners. However, the 2nd Amendment will not be erased from the Constitution, and gun owners will not stop voting, if the NRA fails as the result of their refusal to clean house.
Well, people believe all kinds of things. Some people believe universal background checks appeal to 90% of the population. I can point to a couple hundred examples of politicians referencing the NRA. Can you point to one single example of one referencing GOA or 2AF ?
Don’t get me wrong, I support those organizations ideologically and financially, but if you think the NRA membership is going to defect en masse and that their influence among politicians is waning you might be responding to this thread from a mental institution.

I'm not happy to see this happen to the NRA, but the members did not cause this situation. All the facts will come out in trial, and I'm confident that the facts will bear witness to the truth. If a crime was committed, then there needs to be accountability for the sake of the organization.
Absolutely. No one I know disagrees with this. We ALL want ALL the facts and the guilty parties held responsible. What we don’t want is wishy-washy, some timing, short sighted gun owners allowing WLP to destroy the most effective civil rights/ 2A organization in the history of the world. And sadly all the gnashing of teeth going on is based on crap people have read on the internet or heard in the MSM. Some of you people don’t even seem interested in giving NRA leadership their day in court.
I’ll say it again. If it wasn’t for the NRA none of you would even own a handgun, much less have the right to carry one for self defense.

Absolutely. No one I know disagrees with this. We ALL want ALL the facts and the guilty parties held responsible. What we don’t want is wishy-washy, some timing, short sighted gun owners allowing WLP to destroy the most effective civil rights/ 2A organization in the history of the world. And sadly all the gnashing of teeth going on is based on crap people have read on the internet or heard in the MSM. Some of you people don’t even seem interested in giving NRA leadership their day in court.
I’ll say it again. If it wasn’t for the NRA none of you would even own a handgun, much less have the right to carry one for self defense.
"If it wasn’t for the NRA none of you would even own a handgun, much less have the right to carry one for self defense." - Very, very likely.

Because I'm tired, as a life member, of what I paid in being used to support the corrupt f***s running the NRA, and they need to be taken out of control, period.
The whole NRA will be taken out by NY state leftists.
Hope you will still be cheering then.
Don't throw the child out with the bathtub water.

If a crime was committed, then there needs to be accountability for the sake of the organization.
Soon you will be commiting a crime by just owning a gun.

Let's get down to where the tire meets the road.....................

Only over time, of accepting it, the membership as a whole has to take some responsibility for the Tyrannical actions of the board and King La P. Membership shuts off the $$ and what happens? They find out those that (collectively) gave, (or not) the money are in control!!

Illegal/immoral/unethical activity is OK IF it protects the 2nd?

Answering my own query: Hell YES, for a time.......but no longer.

And if you believe 2nd A believers must have the NRA for their howls to be heard, you don't know 'em like I do.

Personally, I'm not giving La Pee (or his cronies on the board/membership) a license to plunder vast amounts of hard earned membership dollars to be a mouthpiece for my 2nd rights. And for those millions who could fall either way or have little interest in the outcome, how impressed are they with the pro 2nd crowd that will love and be loyal to a Union whose boss is allowed such corruption? The membership has an obligation to ethical/moral stance.

Has Ted Nugent or Oliver North or Steve Hornady abandoned the NRA?

I’m sure you guys have information those guys aren’t privy to though huh.

Paraphrasing:
Ted was on GunTalk and he seemed unaware of the allegations against NRA leadership. Tom informed (I'm using this term lightly) him that other board members confirmed the allegations. Tom put Ted on the spot asking him what he was going to do. Ted responded that he would speak with the board.

I don’t consider someone who lied to get himself out of the draft (Nugent) someone who truly represents the NRA.

Never been in favor of him being on the board...and judging by what he said on Guntalk? I highly doubt he was unaware of the allegations...so his honesty is still highly suspect.

Last edited:
NRA Bankruptcy Case Denied, Allowing New York Dissolution Case To Move Forward - https://www.npr.org/2021/05/11/9959...g-risk-for-dissolution-of-group?origin=NOTIFY

"With the bankruptcy case dismissed, the NRA now returns to its prior state of vulnerability: fighting for its survival against a New York attorney general who seeks to shut the whole organization down."

My opinion for what it's worth? Facing the charges brought against NRA? May be a good thing for all sides with nothing to hide in some ways with a good, fair and impartial judge? Although it may tick off some peoples agendas? Am thinking NY's AG may be slightly upset?

All things depending, for the greater good, the judge may suggest or demand reorganization instead of dissolution of organization? Over the years since it's inception, the NRA has done lot of good for it's members and the entire country. To flush all that down the tubes because of some poor leadership could in itself be a crime?

All things depending, for the greater good, the judge may suggest or demand reorganization instead of dissolution of organization? Over the years since it's inception, the NRA has done lot of good for it's members and the entire country. To flush all that down the tubes because of some poor leadership could in itself be a crime?

"for the greater good" has a Soviet ring to it.

"could in itself be a crime"?..........tell me you're joking...........a crime to address a crime?? Poor leadership......the dues paying members contributed to that by accepting it for so long..........Pee Air could not have robbed the bank if the customers stopped depositing $$ into it. Yes, leadership pulled the trigger but membership held the holster for the draw.................

"for the greater good" has a Soviet ring to it.

"could in itself be a crime"?..........tell me you're joking...........a crime to address a crime?? Poor leadership......the dues paying members contributed to that by accepting it for so long..........Pee Air could not have robbed the bank if the customers stopped depositing $$ into it. Yes, leadership pulled the trigger but membership held the holster for the draw.................
"for the greater good" has a Soviet ring to it."

- Possibly, but for the greater good is also why the USA was founded and why we also have a Liberty Bell that rings - or used to?

"could in itself be a crime"?..........tell me you're joking...........a crime to address a crime?? Poor leadership......the dues paying members contributed to that by accepting it for so long..........Pee Air could not have robbed the bank if the customers stopped depositing $$ into it. Yes, leadership pulled the trigger but membership held the holster for the draw................."

- In other words: Losing the NRA in some ways could almost be considered criminal for all the good the NRA have helped create over the years. Completely getting rid of NRA isn't a solution, just another possible problem for our country, protecting our Second Amendment and our citizens?

Individuals are not the organization as a whole. Just like bad cops are not all the cops.

The NRA still has the largest membership and influence in the political world. If all the accusations are true, WLP is a scumbag and needs to go. I really don't know why they haven't gotten rid of him already.

If they can clean up their internal crap, I still think the organization should continue. It would be best for 2A advocates. If the "Leadership" at the NRA continues to put up with WLP and his antics, maybe they should disband. I would only hope that the other organizations can pick up the slack.

Back