testtest

Just my thoughts

I think, perhaps, looking at the question/subject @Annihilator first posed…what bugs me is Springfield’s way of going about it, vs other companies—we’ll take, for example, S&W.

When S&W dropped the Shield Plus—they dropped EVERY MODEL with no build up… Optics/no optics, standard/Performance Center, 4”, 3”…all models were introduced (although not all were immediately in production, iirc) so that if you wanted a 4” PC model with optics, and not just a standard model—you knew it was coming soon.

Compare this to Springfield’s way of marketing…first off, hype the crap out of for a week or a month prior to release…then, 3 months later, introduce a NEW model, with more bells & whistles that a lot of the folks who bought the first version would have preferred…and repeat again & again.

To my way of seeing it—S&W markets to adults; Springfield is marketing to…adolescents who will abandon one model for the latest & greatest.

I’m sure they’re making money doing it this way, but…I don’t have to like it.
I just wish when anything new is released to the public and wanting to get into their pocket, that they would only release when its ready for prime time. Sure would at least feel more comforting that what we bought was finished and ready for use.

I've seen new guns I'm interested in within a month or two after introduction. On the other hand, the SA-35 is like Sasquatch around here and I change my mind weekly if I'm still wanting it or not. It may be improved, but do I want a heavy, large gun? I dunno, ask me next week.

While yes, the strategy is annoying...I don't much care one way or the other. I'm currently fighting an insatiable urge to expand my collection with older stuff (just got a sweet '52-'54 SA M1 Garand, next conquest will be an AK, then on to a lever 45-70 something or another). I did succumb to the new bells and whistles with a Rival this year, but I drift away to older stuff. Until next week anyways.

Back