testtest

Just ordered a Carcano...

Definitely decided not to sporterize it. Going to keep the parts as original as they are.
The original Mannlicher (spelling is probably wrong) clips were brass but there are steel ones available too. I will probably use steel ones as brass is really soft.

I looked back over it last night and mechanically speaking as far as a functions check without ammo or clip everything seemed sound. The trigger is light and crisp, the cocking is strong, the springs and lugs seem solid. The stock seems original. Has the sling points on the side and the wood is stamped with a serial number.
Would like to maybe try to tighten up the bayonet locking system (lever kind) because it does come loose when operating the bolt. I may try to come up with a simple non-permanent band to slip over it. I could use rubber bands but I'd rather not. Might twist up some cordage and make a small rope to tie it up instead. That's only if I can't succeed in tightening the system up.

Definitely decided not to sporterize it. Going to keep the parts as original as they are.
The original Mannlicher (spelling is probably wrong) clips were brass but there are steel ones available too. I will probably use steel ones as brass is really soft.

I looked back over it last night and mechanically speaking as far as a functions check without ammo or clip everything seemed sound. The trigger is light and crisp, the cocking is strong, the springs and lugs seem solid. The stock seems original. Has the sling points on the side and the wood is stamped with a serial number.
Would like to maybe try to tighten up the bayonet locking system (lever kind) because it does come loose when operating the bolt. I may try to come up with a simple non-permanent band to slip over it. I could use rubber bands but I'd rather not. Might twist up some cordage and make a small rope to tie it up instead. That's only if I can't succeed in tightening the system up.
You might try using a thin washer on the bayonet-lock if you can get the thing apart. Washer will snug things up a bit. As for the stock, I recommend first light sanding and then a linseed oil rubdown. I've used a system of a light spray of LPS or similar on a rag, then using the rag to wipe everything that hides in the stock as a rust/corrosion preventative. It shouldn't feel oily to the touch, just a bit shinier than before is the trick. I "fixed" a rifle that gave light primer strikes by pulling the firing pin and using brake cleaner on the bolt to get all the gunk out of the firing pin's channel and then using a q-tip to lightly oil things like the springs and the firing pin and the channel itself. Result, light strikes are now history. It's surprising how often people go for heavier springs when cleaning things up will fix it for free.

Well..damn! Cracked bolt..

Attachments

• IMG_20211227_211303891.jpg
    IMG_20211227_211303891.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20211227_211327312.jpg
    IMG_20211227_211327312.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 126
Don't give up. Here's what I found and I'm sure there are others out there:

https://axisarmsonline.com/product/italian-carcano-bolt-complete/

Then there is Sarco and Numrich and ebay.

Look at it as just a minor setback.

Don't give up. Here's what I found and I'm sure there are others out there:

https://axisarmsonline.com/product/italian-carcano-bolt-complete/

Then there is Sarco and Numrich and ebay.

Look at it as just a minor setback.
This.

Just make sure to get it headspaced when you replace it.

Do y’all have any recommendations on where to sell 1939 7.35 carcano ammo? It’s been repackaged for Finnish sale but it’s 1080 rounds. I know the carcano community is very small so aside from Gunbroker, I’m unsure where to go.

Back