testtest

Kind of a weird question

About 7 years ago my wife and I were going through customs and immigration in Mexico and were pulled aside for a random inspection. The agent opened my carry-on bag and found three cameras. The agent informed me that only two cameras per person are allowed into Mexico. Rather than confiscate one of the cameras he allowed me to put one into my wife’s carry-on. What you don’t know can cause issues in foreign countries.

When I lived and worked in Texas it was in a small town right on the border with Mexico at one of the national bridges.
4 guys I worked with took a trip into Mexico in a truck one of the guys had taken hunting the weekend before. There were no guns in truck but one of the hunters had dropped a round under the seat. They were stopped at the border checkpoint on the Mexican side and following a simple inspection the round was found, all four guys ended up in jail and the truck was basically taken apart as they searched for guns and drugs.
You don’t mess around with Mexican authorities.

My backpack gets flagged everytime for swab testing when I fly. These are the ones I use to carry to the range and carry shooting things. Now this is not a tactical backpack, but a computer back pack that is incognito for carrying guns.

They have dogs trained to detect EVERYTHING you can think of. My wife and I went to Maui for our 25th anniversary in 2000. When waiting to board our plane home a security gaurd came walking through the gate area with a little Beagle hound. All of a sudden the dog barked and jumped on a little boy wearing a superman backpack. Turned out the boy had some Macadamia nuts in his backpack that he picked up at their hotel. All produce and flowers entering or leaving Hawaii must be purchased from licensed venders to prevent contamination there and other places. Didn't think that little boy was ever gonna stop crying, scared he was going to be arrested. :)

I'm not concerned these days, as I don't fly anywhere. Last time was in 1984 while still in the military. If I can't drive to where I'm going I don't go. Visiting a foreign country? No desire, so not happening. Had enough of that while on active duty.

My backpack gets flagged everytime for swab testing when I fly. These are the ones I use to carry to the range and carry shooting things. Now this is not a tactical backpack, but a computer back pack that is incognito for carrying guns.
I got a tactical style small pack. I don’t really mind if they take a look at what’s in it, I just don’t want to be flagged for any kind of GSR/explosives. I think that’s where the trouble comes in.

Back