testtest

Lawyer dies after his hidden gun goes off during MRI scan

At this point he should be in the running for the Darwin Award of the year!
Nope, he is not running for anything anymore.
1676146517826.gif

1676146556690.gif

tri west just billed my VA facility 3700 for a brain mri with juice

this guy was just plain STUPID and he killed himself. no other way to put it. dumb dumb and dumb he was
being a Vet, you got a discount for sure. the going rate when i was on workman's comp was $5,000 with or without the dye.

my niece went for an MRI, she got hit with a $5,000 bill...!!

but the health insurance finally paid that, in fact, she was sent the bill in error.

these instances were like at least 6 years ago for me, maybe about 7-8 years ago for my niece, so imagine to current costs today?

Speaking of warning labels... Ever notice the ones on new pillows ? Under penalty of law do not remove. Who enforces that ? Also there is a warning label on Preparation H that indicates to not take orally so that tells me somewhere some "professor" actually did that ? Makes ya wonder.

Speaking of warning labels... Ever notice the ones on new pillows ? Under penalty of law do not remove. Who enforces that ? Also there is a warning label on Preparation H that indicates to not take orally so that tells me somewhere some "professor" actually did that ? Makes ya wonder.
the lawyers, for the pillow industry, and rear-end medications make up those warning labels. so that some dumarse, doesn't confuse his mouth, with his..........butthole, for lack of what i wanna say

Tough crowd.... The guy, who was a law abiding gun owning citizen like us, simply forgot he had his gun on him. It happens and he's was human like the rest of us. That clearly doesn't make him am idiot or is cause for us snickering at his death. I am sure he had a wife, children, friends, coworkers, and others who are affected by this. Now if he was playing with his gun, or put his finger on the trigger, etc, then in that case I'd agree with you all.

Also, if it weren't for lawyers, a lot of the 2A protection we have now wouldn't exist, so there's that.

Last edited:
I am use to having pepper spray and a small knife on my key chain that I don't even think about pay attention anymore. I've walked up to the metal detected a couple of times at the court house, took my keys out to sit them on the belt, and only then did it dawn. I had to go back and put it in my vehicle... It happens subconsciously especially when you have a routine.

Tough crowd.... The guy, who was a law abiding gun owning citizen like us, simply forgot he had his gun on him. It happens and he's was human like the rest of us. That clearly doesn't make him am idiot or is cause for us snickering at his death. I am sure he had a wife, children, friends, coworkers, and others who are affected by this. Now if he was playing with his gun, or put his finger on the trigger, etc, then in that case I'd agree with you all.

Also, if it weren't for lawyers, a lot of the 2A protection we have now wouldn't exist, so there's that.
The issue with a lot of folks being in the tough crowd category is this.

When anything comes out line story people immediately make their own (usually) premature conclusions BEFORE all acts are out (media is good at writing it so folks as their own ending)

Or more disappointing is many many people have become disillusioned that nothing bad will ever happen to them. A bad attack won’t happen because I chose this EDC and equipment or I live in This neighborhood or I’m smarter because I watch this news outlet or I won’t ever get old and have X,Y,Z ailment because that happens to other people etc etc.

So if folks could quit throwing stones that’d be great!

If you simply forget you had a gun on you, then maybe you should not be carrying one.
1676310793408.gif

If it weren't for lawyers, we wouldn't need a 2A and to have lawyers working on protecting that 2A. I thought that it was a God given right, then why do we need/have lawyers???

Then when the pompous lawyers that think that they are worth $400, $800, $1000+ an hour screw up, kill themselves, Yea I'm going to applaud and laugh at their stupidness.

1676311830903.gif

yep forgetting your carrying is not an OPTION.
bad things happen when we forget or loose focus with firearms. period
does not matter if he is a lawyer or any other profession.
its on your person..hmm you should know its there.
if had been in his car and he forgot it was in a glove box, yup i could see it
but ON his person????

Guns are brought into other restricted places besides a MRI. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers found a record number of firearms inside passengers' carry-on luggage last year, with 88% of those weapons loaded, according to the agency. TSA found 6,542 firearms at security checkpoints at 262 different airports in 2022. That number is 10% higher than the 5,972 firearms seized from travelers in 2021.

Brazil wants to be totally gun-free now and leave it to a lawyer to set an example.
Unfortunate for him and Brazil isn’t exactly a crime free utopia.

Should have been better protocol by the clinician and since he was accompanying his mother for the exam, I’m not sure if he was fully aware or should have even been allowed to be in the same room as the MRI device.

Those MRI have a tremendous magnetic pull but certainly had to have the right conditions to draw back either the hammer or trigger. Mechanically, a powerful magnet could pull the trigger back firearm, but most of the metal is in the slide and barrel and would be the first to be pulled into the magnet. Being his gun was in the pocket, the handgun grip was likely upright, clothing said to have been tangled such.

So I had to look it up…for pull strength, a fridge magnet is 100 gauss. A stronger utility neodymium magnet can range up to 5,000 gauss. An MRI is 30,000 gauss, and at 3 ft away, a metal object can easily be pulled from a persons hand by an MRI in operation.

Went for an upper body cat scan (different from MRI) but the lab tech made sure I didn’t have any metal on so there wouldn’t be any interference. Had to lower my pants due to the zipper, even though I was it was a nylon type, the small pull tab was metal.

Simple reminder - if there’s a chance a magnetometer is involved - don’t CC.

Guns are brought into other restricted places besides a MRI. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers found a record number of firearms inside passengers' carry-on luggage last year, with 88% of those weapons loaded, according to the agency. TSA found 6,542 firearms at security checkpoints at 262 different airports in 2022. That number is 10% higher than the 5,972 firearms seized from travelers in 2021.
i bet 99% of those are on purpose. but then again, when i worked for the army we got caught all the time with explosive EMPTY spray cans in our training gear . TSA climbing in our business over an inert can with holes in it
still no excuse to enter secured area of airport carrying, BIG GIANT signs remind you its a no no...

i bet 99% of those are on purpose. but then again, when i worked for the army we got caught all the time with explosive EMPTY spray cans in our training gear . TSA climbing in our business over an inert can with holes in it
still no excuse to enter secured area of airport carrying, BIG GIANT signs remind you its a no no...
I doubt it people are absent minded these days and it’s all ages not just the youngsters.

And it’s not just a firearm how many times in recent years has a kid been left in a car compared to back in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s

Why we bow live in an age where even our vehicle has to remind us to check the back seat for contents!

If you simply forget you had a gun on you, then maybe you should not be carrying one. View attachment 36591

If it weren't for lawyers, we wouldn't need a 2A and to have lawyers working on protecting that 2A. I thought that it was a God given right, then why do we need/have lawyers???

Then when the pompous lawyers that think that they are worth $400, $800, $1000+ an hour screw up, kill themselves, Yea I'm going to applaud and laugh at their stupidness.

View attachment 36592
God had nothing to do with it.

God had nothing to do with it
If you simply forget you had a gun on you, then maybe you should not be carrying one. View attachment 36591

View attachment 36592

Quote:
Most scholars today believe that Jefferson derived the most famous ideas in the Declaration of Independence from the writings of English philosopher John Locke. Locke wrote his Second Treatise of Government in 1689 at the time of England's Glorious Revolution, which overthrew the rule of James II.

Locke wrote that all individuals are equal in the sense that they are born with certain "inalienable" natural rights. That is, rights that are God-given and can never be taken or even given away. Among these fundamental natural rights, Locke said, are "life, liberty, and property."

Locke believed that the most basic human law of nature is the preservation of mankind. To serve that purpose, he reasoned, individuals have both a right and a duty to preserve their own lives. Murderers, however, forfeit their right to life since they act outside the law of reason.

Locke also argued that individuals should be free to make choices about how to conduct their own lives as long as they do not interfere with the liberty of others. Locke therefore believed liberty should be far-reaching.

"Rights that are god-given" is the phrase that has been used to describe our constitutional rights from the very start of our country and constitution. It has been used for some 250 years.

Some light reading:

Back