testtest

Lawyer dies after his hidden gun goes off during MRI scan

For the record -
SCOTUS Ketanji Brown Jackson:
“I do not hold a position on whether individuals possess natural rights.”
Yep!

1676429301015.gif

I JUST DONT GET IT... why would anyone carry a firearm into their Doctors office or doctor visit? I mean come on, we all lived a couple of decades before we even carried a gun so I think we can manage to make a doc visit without going in strapped. I just cant imagine carrying a gun to a medical visit. I get it, people have a right... the world is a dangerous place.. yeah i accept that. Sometimes... just sometimes, it may not be the best idea.

I JUST DONT GET IT... why would anyone carry a firearm into their Doctors office or doctor visit? I mean come on, we all lived a couple of decades before we even carried a gun so I think we can manage to make a doc visit without going in strapped. I just cant imagine carrying a gun to a medical visit. I get it, people have a right... the world is a dangerous place.. yeah i accept that. Sometimes... just sometimes, it may not be the best idea.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

on a personal note, i leave my carry gun either at home, or locked in the trunk, if i ever have to go to some sort of medical office.

i also do have at least 2 doctors that are into the sport/hobby of gun ownership, which frankly did surprise me.

but this guy was beyond stupit.....not just stupid.

he's also lucky the round did not any damage to that incredibly expensive MRI machine..

that might have been the only MRI machine available in that area, that is much needed.

anyone have any idea as to how much they get for each MRI visit.??

on my past billing (thru workman's comp), the bill was for $5,000

a CAT scan, was the same price....which i needed at least 3 times as well....

The charges for MRI and CT vary widely depending on what is scanned and where you have it done. Generally the free standing imaging clinics are much less expensive.

The charges for MRI and CT vary widely depending on what is scanned and where you have it done. Generally the free standing imaging clinics are much less expensive.
at the time, i was on workmans comp...if the are any "free standing" MRI clinics in my state, i am not aware of them, and i do not meet the income level to even go to them.

Generally no income level. If you have insurance, they will go through that but still generally less than what a hospital will charge and if cash pay, much cheaper that what the hospital will do it for.

Personally, I distrust doctors and hospitals so much, I would be tempted to carry as well... Lol! But of course one must be smart about things and not a total buffoon... As a new EDCer I am learning and try to be very conscious of doing it safely, smartly, and respectfully.

Something in my lane - I work registrations for a Hospital Diagnostic Center.

Prior to getting registered the patient is given a MRI Safety Screening form - multiple questions on there aimed at seeing if the patient has anything metallic.
Once registered the patient is called back by the MRI Tech who goes over the Safety Screening form.
The patient is then given some scrubs & taken to a changing room where they are instructed to change & leave all their stuff.
Only then are they taken into range of the MRI to do their test.

The dead patient screwed up, & the MRI Tech screwed up.

And yes, the magnetic pull is strong. A *former* MRI Tech brought a box, contents unknown, into range. Next thing they knew a metallic surgical tray was pulled through the packing, the cardboard, and crossed a few feet through the air - narrowly missing another MRI Tech. The machine was out of action for a couple of days & repair cost was around $30k.

And yes, they are expensive - $3k to $5k+ depending on the area scanned and if it is with contrast, without, or both. At my facility it is due to a couple of factors. Our MRI machine is one of the few of its type in the state. We are also under the Tax ID of a "Not for Profit" hospital. Some of that extra money goes to offset the money from patients that can't pay. Want to save cash? Find a "Cash Only" Imaging facility. A $3k MRI might run you around $300-400.

Something in my lane - I work registrations for a Hospital Diagnostic Center.

Prior to getting registered the patient is given a MRI Safety Screening form - multiple questions on there aimed at seeing if the patient has anything metallic.
Once registered the patient is called back by the MRI Tech who goes over the Safety Screening form.
The patient is then given some scrubs & taken to a changing room where they are instructed to change & leave all their stuff.
Only then are they taken into range of the MRI to do their test.

The dead patient screwed up, & the MRI Tech screwed up.

And yes, the magnetic pull is strong. A *former* MRI Tech brought a box, contents unknown, into range. Next thing they knew a metallic surgical tray was pulled through the packing, the cardboard, and crossed a few feet through the air - narrowly missing another MRI Tech. The machine was out of action for a couple of days & repair cost was around $30k.

And yes, they are expensive - $3k to $5k+ depending on the area scanned and if it is with contrast, without, or both. At my facility it is due to a couple of factors. Our MRI machine is one of the few of its type in the state. We are also under the Tax ID of a "Not for Profit" hospital. Some of that extra money goes to offset the money from patients that can't pay. Want to save cash? Find a "Cash Only" Imaging facility. A $3k MRI might run you around $300-400.
True. I can often get MRI for folks from $300-$900 cash, depending on what is being scanned.

A lawyer was accidentally shot by his own gun after he failed to remove it before going into hospital MRI scanning room.

Well, do I have to say it?
You can't fix stupid!!
View attachment 36456

View attachment 36457
The medical staff always ask, as in always ask: "Do you have any metal objects on your person".
For the reason a magnetic field created by the MRI would be disrupted and not give you correct reading.

Maybe the so called Lawyer, thought he was carrying a NERF gun?
Even if he was too scared to put his pistol on the tray along with keys, wallet, etc as they ask, it is not their job to care about such things as their only job is taking care of your health.

I wear to the doctors office because my habit is to wear it any time I'm out of the house. I don't have a gun safe in the car because there's no need for it. However, if I know I'm going to be exam'd around the waist/belly, I won't bring it. It's not about the doctors office its about the 20 other things I do while im out.

My wife is an MRI tech. The last place she worked they didn't require a strip and gown :rolleyes:. Sure enough a guy forgot he had a knife in his pocket, even though she went through the whole magnet items speech. He quickly remembered because he felt it pulling on his pants as he went in. So, brilliant guy reaches into his pocket and pulls out the knife. Blade opens and shoots right past his head to the magnetic center...

Yikes, that's quite a bizarre and unfortunate incident! The whole "Die Hard 2" reference adds a touch of dark humor to the situation. On a somewhat related note, it's a stark reminder of how important it is to be cautious with firearms, especially in unexpected circumstances. Speaking of legal matters, if anyone needs guidance on workers' compensation issues, https://www.fendonlaw.net/ seems like a valuable resource to explore.

Back