testtest

leather holster, finally

I have a Mitch Rosen IWB for my Ronin EMP 3, and the holster mouth is steel reinforced to prevent closing.

Purchased the "Clipper" model from their express line (faster turn around). The fit and finish is excellent, and the belt clip is heavy duty and holds the holster in place with no issue. Here's the link: Mitch Rosen Gun Leather Clipper Express

I wear the Clipper holster AIWB and also at the 3 o'clock position, depending on what I wearing. Been using it for the past few months and am very pleased with it. Customer service is excellent, and Mitch himself gave me some good advice.(y)

Waiting on another IWB holster (Uncle Sal's Decision II SF) from them, and this one will have some rearward muzzle rake and a bodyside leather extension which is lined and steel reinforced, covering the thumb lock. Might post some photos of both holsters when the second one comes in.

BTW, their Leather Lightning is good stuff and does make the draws much faster and smoother. 👌Leather Lightning

Hi @Old_Me,

That's a good looking holster. I would really have to practice with that retention snap to draw effectively. But still, I like the retention. My leather AIWB holster has no retention other than it being deep and tight against my body.

AL9nZEW9ph2yTm10BSfA2qlcDYraPKFmDX4SJTKlyq-52emOe9CaWst3L4qUjt-qxUiuZpRP1o7NnYvCU3GyuJGp9X6BeNA0GRqC-4bQUgcIQBS3IjxLO8vXBlLs1eutItPUNOKJblDxxBXZDw2MPLHSYFdMaQ=w1236-h927-no

AL9nZEW67-d0lZ5LMcQUmG1L4NOC9aisP3P7Cp2TLJltTly6V-G8dX_fjZgZgchFxcYutQsbl11a8EIEf2jCs8ouczp930OxVcAWTCcRry4FEyQwcchaN9r9DHjQeuxeJDoOYVTma8tVSK1TG9xsnAV7K48CgQ=w1236-h927-no

AL9nZEXNewmLVybCzmMVpJ3SrPWO59na7gvj_SGxg7Y0f3iDQqd7-PSoDV6PpjcEJ2s1y5CPAgVp-iSUDrYY8bFL7wI_VCP9jU48EVD7QNYFNKTIBm8-_LW1egLEKk_JFaO_yCsyYoquuLraaSBD8Unq7oUjbw=w1236-h927-no

My leather is very comfy but I don't wear it often, only when I need to "deep conceal" because of my clothing choice. I use the term "deep conceal" because the pistol rides lower on my waist. The grip is not as accessible in this holster as compared to my kydex. It takes a few extra tenths of a second to get a grip and draw. You might notice it does have an extra layer of leather around the throat but the holster still collapses when I draw. I either have to remove the holster or use two hands to re-holster.

OWB =/= Open Carry.
I disagree.

It is my understanding that an outside the waistband holster can be used for concealed carry. I agree that an OWB does not equal Open Carry. I've been told by several CCW folk that they use an OWB and just cover it with a t-shirt. (I would not do that.) Especially in the winter months, you can use an OWB and cover it with your jacket. Voila! It's concealed. ;) Maybe I'm picking nits. Please forgive this old noob. Thanks for letting me spill my electrons all over your thread. :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Just my opinion. I purchased a "craft" and was "Very" dissapointed in the holster when it arrived.It looked and felt cheap.I gave it away.The urban carry with leather lock was like $70.00 & the quality was 100% better.I use it on my hellcat osp with swamp fox as everyday carry. The holster in the photo "looks" like a craft holster.Believe me,it's not worth $100.00.That IWB clip does not hold your pistol secure & is uncomfortable
ok, thanks. i'll take into consideration of what you say.

how long ago was this, that you bought yours?

Moved from Illinois to Arizona in 2013.Open carry state.I open carried for a week or two.Makes people uncomfortable.Especially in todays environment.Makes you a target & you loose the element of suprise.Went to conceal carry.Got a conceal carry card for Arizona which only gives you a few extra perks,but when I went in to purchase a hellcat.I was in & out in 30 min.If you have the card they know you have been through the check.I only open carry when Im out in the desert or up in the mountains.Ive come across people in both the desert and the mountains who "Need" to know your armed.

I'm a leather snob. Kramer Leather Scabbard

This is how I typically dress

Back view

i dress by the season, so for me to wear a shirt like you, it would have to be late fall, winter, early spring. otherwise, i wear "pocket" T-shirts, that cling to my body, and would print my firearm in a flash.

so, for me, AIWB carry works best, as i can "crumple" the T-shirt over the gun's grip.

i dress by the season, so for me to wear a shirt like you, it would have to be late fall, winter, early spring. otherwise, i wear "pocket" T-shirts, that cling to my body, and would print my firearm in a flash.

so, for me, AIWB carry works best, as i can "crumple" the T-shirt over the gun's grip.
I live at 8000 feet. I can do an outer shirt all year long. In the winter I wear a flannel and a Fleece vest

Hi,

For purposes of clarification, the ≠ <does not equal> sign requires the use of the Windows Character Map. I can't find an alt ASCII code that generates that sign. Drat. There is a keyboard shortcut for the Mac. I'll let you guys look it up yourself. ;)

Edit: Let's see if <Alt>+8800 works.... ` Nope. It only works in a word processor. Never mind. :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited:
I typically dress much like 'Night Rider' above in his front/back pictures ..... most often with a long tailed shirt hanging out. Occasionally a very loose, but generally heavy knit T-shirt. I've tried and tried to use AIWB but just can't seem to get comfortable with it.

Oh yeh, and I'm partial to real leather as well. Just don't care much for the plastics.

Back