testtest

Leather holster

It could be a reason and very 1 sided! So the reason for get what works for you is out the door? Any holster that fits/rides high just slow me down, but @TSiWRX will love this reasoning!

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/drop-holster-drawbacks/374017
Quite frankly I'd love to wear a leg holster like I did in Iraq but I also don't wanna scare the hell out of people!

The wax thing is something I heard about listening to a book or podcast.. buffalo bill suggested coating the interior leather where the gun sits with beeswax but it was never specified why in that book. It only said to aid in drawing so my guess is it smooths everything out to make drawing easier. This is what I was talking about waxing the holster.

Quite frankly I'd love to wear a leg holster like I did in Iraq but I also don't wanna scare the hell out of people!

The wax thing is something I heard about listening to a book or podcast.. buffalo bill suggested coating the interior leather where the gun sits with beeswax but it was never specified why in that book. It only said to aid in drawing so my guess is it smooths everything out to make drawing easier. This is what I was talking about waxing the holster.
With western style gunslinger rigs I could see why, but todays society I wouldn't want it too inadvertently fall out. They usually had some kind of string too keep the gun holstered on those high speed horse chase scenes.

With western style gunslinger rigs I could see why, but todays society I wouldn't want it too inadvertently fall out. They usually had some kind of string too keep the gun holstered on those high speed horse chase scenes.
Our holsters were modern. Loop system attaches to the belt, clips the leg holster into the loop system. Holster can be attached to leg system, attached to IOTV/MOLLE gear or worn on a rigger's belt. Did all 3 with my M9. Leg holster was the most comfortable. It strapped to your leg just above your knee (in my case) easily in reach

Every decision you make is yours and yours only so go for it and let us know how it works out. Nothing better than proving what you stand for! As you said before about making your own blend could be the new and improved over the now massed produced on the market. I'm not going too knock you down there is no need for that. I hope it works out! Don't post your secret recipe you might make some or a lot of money with it! Hope it's a success!

Our holsters were modern. Loop system attaches to the belt, clips the leg holster into the loop system. Holster can be attached to leg system, attached to IOTV/MOLLE gear or worn on a rigger's belt. Did all 3 with my M9. Leg holster was the most comfortable. It strapped to your leg just above your knee (in my case) easily in reach
Did you make the holsters or just a way too attach other brands of holsters via molle or other? If you don't mind posting pic(s) I'm up for progress!

Did you make the holsters or just a way too attach other brands of holsters via molle or other? If you don't mind posting pic(s) I'm up for progress!
I use this out in the woods along with OWB depending on what I am doing. Great leg holsters. Similar in design to LEO or military

I use this out in the woods along with OWB depending on what I am doing. Great leg holsters. Similar in design to LEO or military

I was looking at that 1 earlier today, well yesterday as of now being 1/10/22. A high thigh setup is what I'm looking for it makes my draw quicker.

There are products that assist a draw from leather such as: Draw-Eeze, Leather Lightning, etc. They do help in being able to draw a gun. A properly made holster will still retain a gun even if it was treated. You need not cover your guns as you run or move briskly. Never use a product that softens leather. I have a double rig that is at least 20 yrs old and it works perfectly. I used to shoot 7 matches a month, but have slowed to 2 or 3 at my age.

Forgot to add they were issued. It was mass produced so they might be easy to find on the open market.
Here's a very similar system. Not the same one I used but that major components look the same as does the modularity.

See, that's the problem - I don't like absolutes..... I'm too much 50 Shades of Grey for that 😅 , and I hope that folks have taken notice of my attempt to be both balanced and nuanced in discussions. :p
“You think….Therefore you are !”

( heehee 😉!)

On a more serious note, there’s an old saying, Russian if I recall correctly:
“Every stick has two ends”

Going through holster number two... Same issue: thumb safety gets turned off by the thumb strap. I like owb carrying my 1911.

I keep seeing the 1791 being suggested. Have those ever bumped off your thumb safety?

My concern is I also open carry my 1911 so I want retention as a major factor

Back