testtest

Leather holster

krunchnik

Master Class
I have carried everything from Kimber's to Springfields cocked and locked in a open top holster and had no problems with the safety getting flicked down-it's a none problem in my opinion-
There is a thumb safety and grip safety and the safety between the ears-how many more is needed-
It would have to be a perfect scenario for the pistol to accidentally fire-

Recusant

Professional
Here are two 1791 holsters that I carry. I haven't had any issues regarding retention.
1791s.JPG

Here's a very similar system. Not the same one I used but that major components look the same as does the modularity.

Just going through this post for school and @TEXASforLIFE if I recall correctly there was no strap but the gun was relased by a button on the side easily in reach (and designed for) the index finger. Nice little rig.

I really like my SafariLand holster, as I’ve said it’s not something that’s easily concealable however when I wear it I know my XDM 4.5 45ACP is secure and safe. It has 3 retention devices built in.
0D8D8019-5CD2-4CAF-86CC-58B9BB46FB30.jpeg

The plastic loop is released and rotated forward using my thumb. You can see the ridged thumb rest on the left side.
5B397725-983E-47BC-B1FD-EF0C16CA5DE5.jpeg

As I push down on that flat ridge and rotate the loop forward my thumb naturally comes to rest on the button for the second retention release.
5AD495E1-9CDC-48D8-B39E-A7E65E2429A9.jpeg

At this point I push down on the button and draw the gun. The button needs to be pushed before you attempt to draw the gun or the holster won’t release the gun, this is the third retention device.
6AD581A0-0D2A-4769-B9F5-446CC9B552B7.jpeg

The inside of the holster is suede lined for an ultra smooth draw and protects the gun finish.

Ok, I know I have said in the past, only leather holsters for me, picked this up cause it was on sale at my dealer, Blackhawk Serpa, came with the paddle and belt bracket, got it for my G17, my first polymer holster, hate to admit it, I really like it a lot, so forgive me, I had a weak moment……

View attachment 27107
I have 1 and only 1, but it fits 3 different guns (not all at the same time ;) ). If I could find 1 for a 50ae I'd be in business? It'll probably break due to weight?

Ok, I know I have said in the past, only leather holsters for me, picked this up cause it was on sale at my dealer, Blackhawk Serpa, came with the paddle and belt bracket, got it for my G17, my first polymer holster, hate to admit it, I really like it a lot, so forgive me, I had a weak moment……

View attachment 27107
I have two and really like them both, many people say they are dangerous because the retention release button is in line with the trigger guard so after you press the button and draw the gun your finger goes right to the trigger however I’ve practiced extensively with mine and my index finger is always along the slide.

It’s ok to have weak moments just don’t let it happen to often or you’ll be like @BET7 buying everything in sight.

Last edited:

Annihilator

SAINT
Founding Member
I have two and really like them both, many people say they are dangerous because the retention release button is in line with the trigger guard so after you press the button and draw the gun your finger goes right to the trigger however I’ve practiced extensively with mine and my index finger is always along the slide.

It’s ok to have weak moments just don’t let it happen to often or you’ll be like @BET7 buying everything in sight.
Yea, I don’t have a warehouse close to me for storage like he has…..😬😬😬😬

He's still a kid in the ultimate candy store :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: