testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

Thanks guys, I never really had any issue with PSA, I even own one of their $600 AR-15 which I've got to say is surprisingly good for the price. They don't always have the best prices, sometimes have killer deals and sometimes fabricate MSRP to make it look like their 5% discount is really 25% off, but overall they've been AOK. Shipping is a behatch but there are only so many outfits offering free shipping anymore.

I decided against the H&R for now, but it's only a matter of time before the M4 itch strikes again :D
Find a used Colt LE6920. They are the civilian and LE version of the M4, just single fire, not burst 😁
Edit: do not get a Colt CR6920.
It is not the same as the older LE6920
Older “LE” version is superior in build to the newer “CR” version. Colt switched barrel quality and some other tweaks to the newer civilian only CR 6920.
Find an actual LE 6920 stamped rifle.
Most LE6920’s will be stamped “Colt M4” above the words LE6920
7E79DD3B-3999-44D1-8C3F-49620682E7E7.jpeg

It just never ends.......

(This was supposed to be my "poor man's MP5" - now its just not even close.)

Picked up a 3 lug muzzle device several months ago in anticipation of Form 4 approvals. Suppressors (approved early Aug.) fit fine on the AP5s. However - on the Angstadt Arms AR9 - 6" barrel/5.5" handguard (Parallax Tactical) - there was not enough space for the 3 lug muzzle device to clear the handguard in order to mount the suppressor.......

So I sat on it for 2 months.....

Last week I started looking at barrel prices/options in order to make the Dead Air Wolfman and Rugged Obsidian work on the AR9.

I like the look/feel of the 6" barrel on that AR9 and did not want to go any longer than I had to. Found the Macon Armory Guaranteed to Feed barrel in 6.5" - but it was Out-Of-Stock. Shot the company a message asking when they thought they would have them in stock. Rudy replied quickly, said he had a couple, and he would contact me later that evening after he had put one on the website for me. Highly recommend Macon Armory for service, etc.

Received barrel yesterday and swapped it in the evening. Perfect size. Very happy.

(Have not ran it yet with the new barrel or suppressed - next range visit.)

Mods to this gun - started as a stock Angstadt Arms UDP-9 braced pistol.

Brace rule approved SBR.
Cerakote sniper grey handguard and buffer tube.
Franklin Armory binary trigger
Holosun 503 in green.
Magpul K+ grip.
A3 Tactical Foregrip w/handstop.
UTG backup sights.
Maxim Defense delayed roller system.
Mission First minimalist stock.
Radian Raptor charging handle.
Angstadt Arms 3 lug muzzle brake.
Macon Armory 6.5" Guaranteed to feed barrel.

(Dead Air Wolfman - small configuration in pic.)

Also - just learned I could have gotten a $20 barrel extension - but I'm ok with an excuse to get the Macon Armory barrel. The Angstadt barrel was not feeding HP reliably.

1697737671877.png

1697737698964.png

1697737725816.png

It just never ends.......

(This was supposed to be my "poor man's MP5" - now its just not even close.)

Picked up a 3 lug muzzle device several months ago in anticipation of Form 4 approvals. Suppressors (approved early Aug.) fit fine on the AP5s. However - on the Angstadt Arms AR9 - 6" barrel/5.5" handguard (Parallax Tactical) - there was not enough space for the 3 lug muzzle device to clear the handguard in order to mount the suppressor.......

So I sat on it for 2 months.....

Last week I started looking at barrel prices/options in order to make the Dead Air Wolfman and Rugged Obsidian work on the AR9.

I like the look/feel of the 6" barrel on that AR9 and did not want to go any longer than I had to. Found the Macon Armory Guaranteed to Feed barrel in 6.5" - but it was Out-Of-Stock. Shot the company a message asking when they thought they would have them in stock. Rudy replied quickly, said he had a couple, and he would contact me later that evening after he had put one on the website for me. Highly recommend Macon Armory for service, etc.

Received barrel yesterday and swapped it in the evening. Perfect size. Very happy.

(Have not ran it yet with the new barrel or suppressed - next range visit.)

Mods to this gun - started as a stock Angstadt Arms UDP-9 braced pistol.

Brace rule approved SBR.
Cerakote sniper grey handguard and buffer tube.
Franklin Armory binary trigger
Holosun 503 in green.
Magpul K+ grip.
A3 Tactical Foregrip w/handstop.
UTG backup sights.
Maxim Defense delayed roller system.
Mission First minimalist stock.
Radian Raptor charging handle.
Angstadt Arms 3 lug muzzle brake.
Macon Armory 6.5" Guaranteed to feed barrel.

(Dead Air Wolfman - small configuration in pic.)

Also - just learned I could have gotten a $20 barrel extension - but I'm ok with an excuse to get the Macon Armory barrel. The Angstadt barrel was not feeding HP reliably.

View attachment 45513

View attachment 45514

View attachment 45515
That is a sweet looking ride 👍
Nice build

Took the A2 Carbine to the range this afternoon to get the Aimpoint zeroed.
Started at 25, then decided 50 was more appropriate, so I get things set and make good progress until I notice that I'm shooting nice three round clusters one string, and three fliers the next.
I check the split rings, good to go, I press the base, it wiggles........
So, chalk up something I should've checked after the fist three strings......
So, now have to pop the mount, clean and decrease the handle channel, and mount, then blue loctite the the two together, as well as the the tensioning nut for the mount.
But anyway, it was a good trip.....
20231020_150651.jpg

As Palmetto was not shipping and not responding to inquiries, took matter in my own hands and went down to the LGS. Sure enough, a nice little Colt M4A1 carbine waiting

m4a1.jpg

But unfortunately, that's not it! They did have an MCX Spear and I have no willpower, so voila! Added a Tango LPVO and using Lancer mags instead of Magpul, SIG suppressor fits right in. This thing is an absolute beast, 12lb as shown below. FREAKING LOVE IT

spear.jpg

For scale purposes, here are the two new acquisitions together

both.jpg

What in gods creation is that 😝🙃
I don't think it was God's creation to be honest, more like a mistake :LOL:

This is a defense electronics company selling their sensors to the military telling them it is exactly what they wanted. Similar to the Warrior System of the US Army, but a decade or so before, so the electronics aren't exactly what I'd call portable. But since all armies treat their grunts like donkeys, it'll do. But look what you could do with it, HUD on the goggle...

1698178600179.png

Last edited:
Trying to recreate the FAMAS FELIN but couldn't find optics as big, best I could do :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 45765
I don't think it was God's creation to be honest, more like a mistake :LOL:

This is a defense electronics company selling their sensors to the military telling them it is exactly what they wanted. Similar to the Warrior System of the US Army, but a decade or so before, so the electronics aren't exactly what I'd call portable. But since all armies treat their grunts like donkeys, it'll do. But look what you could do with it, HUD on the goggle...

View attachment 45770
Might as well just tow the 105mm Howitzer with you instead 😜

Edit: do not get a Colt CR6920.
It is not the same as the older LE6920
Older “LE” version is superior in build to the newer “CR” version. Colt switched barrel quality and some other tweaks to the newer civilian only CR 6920.
Find an actual LE 6920 stamped rifle.
Most LE6920’s will be stamped “Colt M4” above the words LE6920View attachment 45400
The Colt M4A1 I got is an LE6920 SOCOM, happy about that. I'm going to have to deal with the pinned and welded flash hider if I want to add a SIG suppressor...

The Colt M4A1 I got is an LE6920 SOCOM, happy about that. I'm going to have to deal with the pinned and welded flash hider if I want to add a SIG suppressor...
It's a lot easier to swap the barrel instead of trying to modify a pinned and welded muzzle device.

Ballistic Advantage has some great deals going on right now with 25% off any barrel. I picked up a couple barrels a few weeks ago when they were offering 35% off a barrel and they were giving a free BCG as part of the promotion.

Back