testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

When .223/5.56 started going for $.70 per round, if you could even find it, I decided to get creative and build an AR-47 chambered in 7.62x39. These are my new Joe Biden Tribute Builds, which means they were constructed out of whatever I could find in-stock at a price I was willing to pay. The first is a Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 Upper on a PSA Stealth lower. The second is a Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 side-charging upper on a PSA Magpul ACS-L EPT lower. Both were bought, shipped, and built for about as much as a single Ruger AR556 or S&W M&P 15 Sport II goes for on Gunbroker.

View attachment 12983

View attachment 12984

...And here's why I did it. Both boxes were purchased straight off-the-shelf for $149.99 each, which comes out to $0.32 per round after tax with no shipping costs needed. Academy would've let me buy three boxes, but that was a little over my budget and way too heavy to haul through the store without a cart. The fact that the ammo is still widely available on the shelf at a reasonable price makes the builds worthwhile.

View attachment 12985
Very Cool !

I have a HansGruber special being delivered tomorrow to LGS. Bucket list item.
4B0144DE-A620-42EB-9F17-B596FDC25ABF.jpeg

When .223/5.56 started going for $.70 per round, if you could even find it, I decided to get creative and build an AR-47 chambered in 7.62x39. These are my new Joe Biden Tribute Builds, which means they were constructed out of whatever I could find in-stock at a price I was willing to pay. The first is a Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 Upper on a PSA Stealth lower. The second is a Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 side-charging upper on a PSA Magpul ACS-L EPT lower. Both were bought, shipped, and built for about as much as a single Ruger AR556 or S&W M&P 15 Sport II goes for on Gunbroker.

View attachment 12983

View attachment 12984

...And here's why I did it. Both boxes were purchased straight off-the-shelf for $149.99 each, which comes out to $0.32 per round after tax with no shipping costs needed. Academy would've let me buy three boxes, but that was a little over my budget and way too heavy to haul through the store without a cart. The fact that the ammo is still widely available on the shelf at a reasonable price makes the builds worthwhile.

View attachment 12985
Looks awesome!

I've been toying with the idea of a 7.62x39 build myself.

Getting close to finished with this one after adding the Primary Arms ACSS Raptor scope. Now, if I could just get out to the range to zero that sucker...

- Ruger AR556 w/Magpul furniture, Geissele 2-stage trigger, Radian BCG and Raptor ambi charging handle, etc.

AR556 - (small).png

My AR family. Updated with addition. Nothing super special or exotic. Angstadt Arms UDP-9(mm) w/Holosun Green dot and Nightstrike Diamondback angled foregrip; Saint Edge w/Sig Romeo 5 and UTG backups; Built - Silverback Arms lower - no idea on components/quality....friend of a friend was selling them about 5 years ago ($750) - w/ Vortex Strikefire II red/green dot and Daniel Defense foregrip, Magpul MBUS; Ruger 556 w/Romeo 5 and Magpul MBUS, handstop, rail guards, MOE K2+ grip. ???Single shot .22? passed down thru my father's family - no identifying marks. No idea of age. Anyone with any perspective on that one - let me know.

Attachments

• Current ARs Jan 2021.jpg
    Current ARs Jan 2021.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 238
My AR family. Updated with addition. Nothing super special or exotic. Angstadt Arms UDP-9(mm) w/Holosun Green dot and Nightstrike Diamondback angled foregrip; Saint Edge w/Sig Romeo 5 and UTG backups; Built - Silverback Arms lower - no idea on components/quality....friend of a friend was selling them about 5 years ago ($750) - w/ Vortex Strikefire II red/green dot and Daniel Defense foregrip, Magpul MBUS; Ruger 556 w/Romeo 5 and Magpul MBUS, handstop, rail guards, MOE K2+ grip. ???Single shot .22? passed down thru my father's family - no identifying marks. No idea of age. Anyone with any perspective on that one - let me know.
How you liking that Angstadt? I looked at them when I bought my Geissele Super Duty pistol, I only have 556 pistols at the moment.

Most of your builds are putting mine to shame. I like to think that anyone can buy a fancy AR, but the real enthusiasts cobble them together from a mix of Bear Creek, Palmetto State, and Amazon components. I sound pretty confident when I say it, but I'm not sure anyone's buying it.:sneaky:

Back