Votes: 4 16.7%
  • What's Covid-19

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm getting better at being cautious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this Corona lockdown is lifted what in everyday life do you think will be changed forever?

How has Corona changed your way of life?

What are some life lessons you learned from the virus lockdown?

Will you be more prepared now for a possible future event like this?

Do you think this will be remembered for generations?

What has been the biggest impact to you because of the Corona virus?
I know this thread has been up a while. I thought I would re-visit this thread. My life has changed...not necessarily for the worse. But changed. This week is the first week I have worked from home. Not so bad. I am also in a Critical Infrastructure job so I am happy to continue working. My wife is an ED nurse. Most people in my county (East central FL) seem to be taking this seriously the roads are mostly empty with a few peaks during the day. I have noticed a lot of people riding bikes, walking, and spending time in parks. More than normal. But I feel for my wife she is working in a major hospital in central FL and is working with testing and sorting the positives from the negatives. This is her chosen field with no regrets. She has been an ED nurse for 17 years she does not scare easily. She is leery of this virus. She doesn't want to bring it home. I don't blame her. She had a relatively young patient last weekend that came to the ED one day asymptomatic sent home and returned the next day and was sent to ICU. So, one day OK next ICU. That's not good. It shook her a bit seeing first hand how fast this virus can take you down. It is serious for some no doubt. This virus is going to be here a long time. I have never been concerned about her bringing home an illness (hepatitis, HIV...). This virus has my attention. I'm concerned for our country. One virus has turned us on our heads...what if there was another new one next month....

I am taking it serious more so for my family, small children. I am no MD or scientist but I feel if more people got tested the mortality rate would be lower which in turn would have this not as severe as it is. I’m not saying it isn’t bad, as this “form/type” however you want to put it, of coronavirus is new to us, although we have dealt with some type of a coronavirus in the past. I don’t like being by anyone that sneezes or coughs, regardless of something new or not. I agree, if your sick, stay home.
Unfortunately the US is averaging 1000 deaths a day this week related to Covid-19 and the fatalities per day have been on a steady increase since the first death due to Covid-19. If the fatality rate stays at 1000 a day that's 30,000 a month or 360,000 a year. Pretty tough numbers either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back