testtest

Lights/Lasers

I don't know about lights, but I really want to try out one of these on a Hellcat OSP. https://viridianweapontech.com/e-springfield-hellcat Anybody have any experience with the Viridians? Seems like a really good price and it looks really small. Now, the real question. Will I be able to sync up that laser dot with the red dot in my optic (that I don't have becasue I cant find a Shield anywhere!!!!).
I have a Viridian Laser on my XDe. Comes on as soon as it is out of the holster. Accurate and reliable. Had one problem when I first got it, but sent it in on their dime, and it has worked well since. Highly recommend!

Wanted to chime in here since there is not a lot of info out there or exactly what works and what doesn't on the Hellcat. I have a Hellcat OSP and just fit a TLR-6 onto it. While the TLR-6 will mount on the rail and wrap around the trigger guard, the trigger guard of the Hellcat is too narrow and you get side-to-side movement of the TLR-6. I ended up fabricating some small plastic inserts to take up the slack and now it's rock solid and seems to hold zero just fine.

I also have a Viridian CL-5 that I tried to fit and it did not grip the rail well so as much as I like the CL-5, the TLR-6 is a MUCH better fit for the Hellcat.

Before
View attachment 7910
After
View attachment 7911
which model of the TLR 6 is that? like is it designed to fit the glock 43, or m&p shield, etc...

Hey, just curious, how did you make those little plastic pieces?
EDIT: never mind, just saw your post about the tent stakes. Gotcha.

I got the O-Light BALDR Mini green laser, and while I love it, it doesn’t hold zero well on the Hellcat because of what you mentioned—the side to side motion. I’ll have to keep it for a larger pistol purchase sometime in the future.

I was looking pretty seriously at the Viridian CL-5, especially because there’s a picture of the Hellcat with the CL5 attached on the Springfield Armory website—you don’t think it’s a good fit, huh?

Hey, just curious, how did you make those little plastic pieces?
EDIT: never mind, just saw your post about the tent stakes. Gotcha.

I got the O-Light BALDR Mini green laser, and while I love it, it doesn’t hold zero well on the Hellcat because of what you mentioned—the side to side motion. I’ll have to keep it for a larger pistol purchase sometime in the future.

I was looking pretty seriously at the Viridian CL-5, especially because there’s a picture of the Hellcat with the CL5 attached on the Springfield Armory website—you don’t think it’s a good fit, huh?
I have been eyeing the BALDR for another project - looks like a great unit. I really like my Viridian CL-5 but I could not see a way to stabilize it onto the Hellcat, otherwise I definitely would have. Maybe someone found a way to get it to work, or maybe there is different mounting hardware than what I have (my hardware mounts it to a Glock 30). The TLR-6 was an obvious fix and easy retrofit. Looking at the two, the TLR-6 is probably logistically better because it is narrower and I can still pocket the Hellcat with the TLR-6 (with a trigger sheath of course) whereas the CL-5 is wider and would likely not work as well.

I’m using the TR-6 on my Sig 938 9mm. Same gun as the 911 9mm and I really like it. It’s really ot taking up space where it be a issue. It’s thin and fits very nicely

Attachments

• 36086EB8-7284-43B6-ABD4-5895EAB28D87.jpeg
    36086EB8-7284-43B6-ABD4-5895EAB28D87.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 294
I have been eyeing the BALDR for another project - looks like a great unit. I really like my Viridian CL-5 but I could not see a way to stabilize it onto the Hellcat, otherwise I definitely would have. Maybe someone found a way to get it to work, or maybe there is different mounting hardware than what I have (my hardware mounts it to a Glock 30). The TLR-6 was an obvious fix and easy retrofit. Looking at the two, the TLR-6 is probably logistically better because it is narrower and I can still pocket the Hellcat with the TLR-6 (with a trigger sheath of course) whereas the CL-5 is wider and would likely not work as well.
What trigger sheath/pocket holster do you use that fits hellcat with TLR-6?

What trigger sheath/pocket holster do you use that fits hellcat with TLR-6?
Excellent question, for which I don't have an answer just yet. I have a pocket sheath (minimalist holster) that I got from Amazon that fits the Hellcat w/o the TLR-6. It has an upcoming appointment with the heat gun and Moto tool to see what I can do with it, or I'll start with a blank sheet of plastic.

Excellent question, for which I don't have an answer just yet. I have a pocket sheath (minimalist holster) that I got from Amazon that fits the Hellcat w/o the TLR-6. It has an upcoming appointment with the heat gun and Moto tool to see what I can do with it, or I'll start with a blank sheet of plastic.
I have a remora holster i ordered to fit old sigp238 with tlr-6(artemis cut) and it just happens to fit the hellcat just barely covering trigger, and actually leaves room for rmr as well i believe. But after installing tlr-6 on cat it was too tight. Impossible to draw reliably. I ordered remora specifically to fit cat with tlr-6 and rmr and the holster came in way too big and loose for gun lol

I have a remora holster i ordered to fit old sigp238 with tlr-6(artemis cut) and it just happens to fit the hellcat just barely covering trigger, and actually leaves room for rmr as well i believe. But after installing tlr-6 on cat it was too tight. Impossible to draw reliably. I ordered remora specifically to fit cat with tlr-6 and rmr and the holster came in way too big and loose for gun lol
FWIW I had a holster custom made by "Just Holster It" for Hellcat+TLR-6+Swampfox Sentinel RedDot. It fits very well and I'm really happy with it. I did end up swapping out their paddle for the Blackhawk one I got from Amazon, and I ended up having to cut about 1/8 off the holster where it was hitting the mag release in some circumstances but otherwise it came out really well and was only ~60. Photo below was before the Sentinel arrived but there is a cut out for it and it fits well.
2020-10-01_09-08-58.jpg

Wanted to chime in here since there is not a lot of info out there or exactly what works and what doesn't on the Hellcat. I have a Hellcat OSP and just fit a TLR-6 onto it. While the TLR-6 will mount on the rail and wrap around the trigger guard, the trigger guard of the Hellcat is too narrow and you get side-to-side movement of the TLR-6. I ended up fabricating some small plastic inserts to take up the slack and now it's rock solid and seems to hold zero just fine.

I also have a Viridian CL-5 that I tried to fit and it did not grip the rail well so as much as I like the CL-5, the TLR-6 is a MUCH better fit for the Hellcat.

Before
View attachment 7910
After
View attachment 7911
I did something similar with my Hellcat and TLR-6 using 3M hook hanger double sided removal sticky strips. I cut the strips to fit inside the trigger guard and the rail clamp before attaching the TLR-6. It is also rock solid and the 3M sticky strips are easily removed from the pistol and the light without leaving any residue. The Swampfox red dot sight fits the OSP cut perfectly and the PJ Holsters IWB SOB holster is a favorite for me. Ever since the FBI backflip incident, I modified all my IWB holsters with a locking belt clamp and a thumb break for absolute retention under any circumstances. You may want to checkout the Hyve Hellcat magazine extension and extended mag release. I also used an Apex trigger and PRP sear and disconnect or kit for a 4 pound trigger pull and a DPM progressive recoil spring to reduce recoil. While I would prefer a green laser light, I haven’t found one that really fits the Hellcat well or isn’t too wide and defeats the whole slim compact design.

Attachments

• 10FDBE20-2555-48CC-83D7-2FF44CAF3501.jpeg
    10FDBE20-2555-48CC-83D7-2FF44CAF3501.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 433
  • 755118EB-BAB4-447D-8419-7B16FC7B27F0.jpeg
    755118EB-BAB4-447D-8419-7B16FC7B27F0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 480
  • E676A570-3EF3-4B6C-A21D-B14105B0E065.jpeg
    E676A570-3EF3-4B6C-A21D-B14105B0E065.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,091
  • 65CA1016-54FD-4CA8-BEB9-185D7FA87117.jpeg
    65CA1016-54FD-4CA8-BEB9-185D7FA87117.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 446
  • 75FBCDB3-6D83-43F1-B15E-B9E9D66E540B.jpeg
    75FBCDB3-6D83-43F1-B15E-B9E9D66E540B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 424
  • 37DCF644-A8DC-49A4-895B-B7113489DEB8.jpeg
    37DCF644-A8DC-49A4-895B-B7113489DEB8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 388
  • 51057A3F-2F75-4842-AD75-44F38F3BDAB7.jpeg
    51057A3F-2F75-4842-AD75-44F38F3BDAB7.jpeg
    842.9 KB · Views: 381
Have the Hellcat with OSP in FDE plus the Sentinel and the new Apex trigger and really like this setup. I have on order the Viridian red laser to try Since it’s pretty small but really hard to get. On my Sig P938 I have the fitted TRL -6 and that’s a nice setup. See how this laser goes over for me. If not the TRL-6 looks nice on the Hellcat

I did something similar with my Hellcat and TLR-6 using 3M hook hanger double sided removal sticky strips. I cut the strips to fit inside the trigger guard and the rail clamp before attaching the TLR-6. It is also rock solid and the 3M sticky strips are easily removed from the pistol and the light without leaving any residue. The Swampfox red dot sight fits the OSP cut perfectly and the PJ Holsters IWB SOB holster is a favorite for me. Ever since the FBI backflip incident, I modified all my IWB holsters with a locking belt clamp and a thumb break for absolute retention under any circumstances. You may want to checkout the Hyve Hellcat magazine extension and extended mag release. I also used an Apex trigger and PRP sear and disconnect or kit for a 4 pound trigger pull and a DPM progressive recoil spring to reduce recoil. While I would prefer a green laser light, I haven’t found one that really fits the Hellcat well or isn’t too wide and defeats the whole slim compact design.
Wow - that turned out well. They did the holster nicely on yours that it does not hit the mag release - mine did in certain circumstances so I had to modify. Good tip on the 3M Sticky Strips to firm up the rail mount - if there is a weak spot on mine that would be it.
I also now have the Swampfox Sentinel on mine. I have yet to refine my sight-in on both the Sentinel and the TLR-6 but just playing around with it at night, the Sentinel dot and the laser are hard to distinguish from each other. I suppose I can always disable the laser on the TLR-6 if it becomes a problem.

How do you like your trigger kit?

I like the Apex trigger but it was average about 6 pounds. The Powder River Precision kit included a new sear, disconnector and striker safety with springs. I kept the Apex sear spring instead of the PRP one and got a solid 4 pound pull. I also got a Lakeline stainless steel striker guide to replace the polymer one. The new progressive recoil spring from DPM noticeably reduced felt recoil for me. You’re right that the red laser dot washes out the red dot when you co-witness them. That’s why I’d really like to get a green laser. I keep hoping Streamlight will come out with a green laser version of the TLR-6. That model is really one of the most narrow width ones around. I use them on my Kahr PM-9s. The Hellcat grip is just a hair thicker than the Kahr, but the slightly staggered magazine is certainly better than the single stack. Before the Kahr PM-9s, I carried G-26s with plenty of mag capacity but really too thick for me to be comfortable with IWB carry after I retired.

I like the Apex trigger but it was average about 6 pounds. The Powder River Precision kit included a new sear, disconnector and striker safety with springs. I kept the Apex sear spring instead of the PRP one and got a solid 4 pound pull. I also got a Lakeline stainless steel striker guide to replace the polymer one. The new progressive recoil spring from DPM noticeably reduced felt recoil for me. You’re right that the red laser dot washes out the red dot when you co-witness them. That’s why I’d really like to get a green laser. I keep hoping Streamlight will come out with a green laser version of the TLR-6. That model is really one of the most narrow width ones around. I use them on my Kahr PM-9s. The Hellcat grip is just a hair thicker than the Kahr, but the slightly staggered magazine is certainly better than the single stack. Before the Kahr PM-9s, I carried G-26s with plenty of mag capacity but really too thick for me to be comfortable with IWB carry after I retired.
Great info - thank you for this! I'll look into the PRP Kit. I'd love a green laser as well - I have a green Viridian CL-5 on my G30 that is amazing, but too chunky for the slender-ish Hellcat (but a good fit for the chunky G30!). Thanks again for the detail.

Before
View attachment 7910
After
View attachment 7911
I like the TLR-6 option for my Hellcat. However, there are several different models of the TLR-6. Do you recall what model you used? I'm assuming you used the Springfield SA/XD version.

Last edited:
Back