testtest

LOOKING FOR DA/SA PISTOL

Just ordered the Sig P-229 Legion from Impact Guns. Supposed to be shipped in 3-4 days, we'll see. Thanks again guys, y'all were very helpful.
I order before from them that stated in stock. 6 weeks later I still didn't receive it. Called them and they said they were waiting on their shipment to arrive. What they were doing was a large order from their supplier as to get a lower cost for them. Hopefully you won't have that issue! Good luck!

I order before from them that stated in stock. 6 weeks later I still didn't receive it. Called them and they said they were waiting on their shipment to arrive. What they were doing was a large order from their supplier as to get a lower cost for them. Hopefully you won't have that issue! Good luck!
I've purchased two pistols through them, had good luck, shipped as advertised. Hope my luck holds out. Thanks

Were there specific reasons you backed off the P229, or just holding off to do more homework on other options?

What I will say is noticeably different between my P229 and my CZ PCR is that the latter is slimmer and I like the ergos of the CZ quite a bit more. But that is obviously going to be somewhat subjective, and you'd really have to handle both of them to see which fits your hand best.

Both are very reliable options and proven designs that have seen lots of professional use all over the world.
Hey Hammer67, sorry I missed your reply yesterday. I thought many forum members had experiences with various DA/SA pistols, I have none. The majority of folks thought the 226 or 229 would be my best bet. Still I did my research and concluded the P-229 would be better. Thank you.

As my username shows, I'm a big PX4 fan. Sure it has a heavy first pull, but training gets you over it. Smooth shooter. I have a fullsize and the Carry Model. All stock. There are Trigger jobs by LTT that I hear are great.
PX4 (1).jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3523.jpeg

A quick comparison…top to bottom.

P229 Carry Classic w/RX slide & Romeo 1; 18rd mag.

Swiss surplus P228; 13rd mag

Mk25 (P226R Navy); 18rd Mec-Gar mag.

The P228 cannot use the 15 & 18rd mags of the P229, but the P229 can use the 13rd P228 mags. Neither can use the P226 mags, and the P226 cannot use P228 or 229 mags.

The P229 Classic (no rail) is the exact same thing, basically, as a M11A1. The P228 is the same as the original M11.

They’re all accurate, smooth, and utterly reliable.

View attachment 49627

A quick comparison…top to bottom.

P229 Carry Classic w/RX slide & Romeo 1; 18rd mag.

Swiss surplus P228; 13rd mag

Mk25 (P226R Navy); 18rd Mec-Gar mag.

The P228 cannot use the 15 & 18rd mags of the P229, but the P229 can use the 13rd P228 mags. Neither can use the P226 mags, and the P226 cannot use P228 or 229 mags.

The P229 Classic (no rail) is the exact same thing, basically, as a M11A1. The P228 is the same as the original M11.

They’re all accurate, smooth, and utterly reliable.
Looking good, very nice trio.

Back