testtest

LOOKING FOR DA/SA PISTOL

Mine might be a “Classic Carry”…have to dig out the case & look.

Yeah, I think at one time there was a "Carry model" that had the rear full height serrations, no front serrations, like yours. (this). Did yours have the SRT?

The "Classic Carry Talo" version had half-height serrations front and rear on the slide, short extractor, came with the SRT installed, and grey/white/black G10 grips that were unique to this model. It also uses the old-style P229 mags, not the E-1 style.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think at one time there was a "Carry model" that had the rear full height serrations, no front serrations, like yours. (this). Did yours have the SRT?

The "Classic Carry Talo" version had half-height serrations front and rear on the slide, came with the SRT installed, and grey/white/black G10 grips that were unique to this model. It also uses the old-style P229 mags, not the E-1 style.
That’s an aftermarket Sig RX slide, not the one that came on it. Grips are Hogue G10’s. SRT trigger was factory.

IMG_0540.jpeg

That’s how it originally looked.

That 226 purchase was either in '15 or '16.
I guess I'm considerably older than you. It was in 1975, just got discharged from the Army & Air Force, tried both. I purchased a Colt Detective Special. It was a 2 " snubbie, 6 round and had I think the first snubbie that had a shroud that partially covered the ejector rod. It was a nice revolver, had the old bright blue finish. I was a Deputy Sheriff in Louisiana, not making very much money so more purchases were slow at that time. I think I payed $125.00 for it.

View attachment 49627

A quick comparison…top to bottom.

P229 Carry Classic w/RX slide & Romeo 1; 18rd mag.

Swiss surplus P228; 13rd mag

Mk25 (P226R Navy); 18rd Mec-Gar mag.

The P228 cannot use the 15 & 18rd mags of the P229, but the P229 can use the 13rd P228 mags. Neither can use the P226 mags, and the P226 cannot use P228 or 229 mags.

The P229 Classic (no rail) is the exact same thing, basically, as a M11A1. The P228 is the same as the original M11.

They’re all accurate, smooth, and utterly reliable.
I’ll be in my room ….

I guess I'm considerably older than you. It was in 1975, just got discharged from the Army & Air Force, tried both. I purchased a Colt Detective Special. It was a 2 " snubbie, 6 round and had I think the first snubbie that had a shroud that partially covered the ejector rod. It was a nice revolver, had the old bright blue finish. I was a Deputy Sheriff in Louisiana, not making very much money so more purchases were slow at that time. I think I payed $125.00 for it.
I was 10 in '75

Back