testtest

looks like they will pass

New Mexico is a beautiful state, but has high crime and is Leftist controlled. I looked at several small towns there and decided to pass. I left the Phoenix Metro area after retirement and the prices there are getting stupid. I would suggest a smaller location that is within driving distance to a larger city.

New Mexico is a beautiful state, but has high crime and is Leftist controlled. I looked at several small towns there and decided to pass. I left the Phoenix Metro area after retirement and the prices there are getting stupid. I would suggest a smaller location that is within driving distance to a larger city.
yeah, i got a buddy, also a former trucker, that lives in or near Dayton, NV..and if i recall too, there is at least 1 range in that area.

Any non prohibited person can carry loaded pistols in a vehicle without restriction as part of constitutional carry.

Loaded rifles in a vehicle are not allowed, with loaded meaning a round in the chamber. You can have a full mag in the rifle without issue as long as the chamber is clear. This is an old anti poaching law that is still somehow on the books.

CARRY IN VEHICLE?​

Can you carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle in New Hampshire?

Yes, without a license for anyone not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm.
[N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 159-6]
Thank you for the clarification.

well,

3 of the Bills introduced for law passed last night (Frida June 10th) in the House.

next step for approval today in fact in a special session on a Saturday, Hhmmm, i wonder why.??

1) no grandfathering in on magazines that we currently own

2) no carrying of any long guns on public lands or in public

3) gotta be 21 years of age to buy any gun and ammo

we have 6 months to "turn in" our large capacity magazines, or modify them for 10 rounds...yeah....riiiiight

(yeah riiight, to the "turn them in BS........)

we can only "carry" a ccw with a 10 round magazine, but no limit on "how many" 10 round mags we can carry
(my Hellcat, came with 2, 10 round mags) (i might switch to a .45 ACP carry, like my Glock G-30, it's got a 10 rnd mag, and a wee bit more powerful than a 9mm. (and i shoot that G-30 very well too).

the house members that are Pro 2A, tried to amend the Bill for CCW people to have a higher capacity magazine, since we have proven we can handle a gun, and passed all the state testing...that was struck down as well

the cops ain't gonna come knocking on our doors, to confiscate anything, HOWEVER, if they have to show up for one reason or another, THEN they can do a search, which would be "normal" for any domestic abuse-violence call.

i don't "see" these new Bills going away into the clouds. i "see" a possible court challenge to all of them.

there were SEVERAL Republicans' against the Bills of course, and yes, a "few" Democrat's as well...but the majority of my state house is of course, Democratic.

the passage of these new laws, ought to take no more than 3.4 seconds once the Senate gets them, that way, they still can have a wonderful weekend........(sarcastic remark, in case anyone missed it)

oh yeah, of course current law enforcement, and military are exempt, and so are "retired" law enforcement, which to me, is a bunch of crock. to me, once retired, you are a civilian, and no more exempt.

i HAVE SEEN current LEO's at the range, try to hit the the targets......

and i have to admit, they cannot hit the side of a barn....and many of you have seen pics of my targets.......HHMMmmmmm, and i cannot carry more than 10 rounds.

many of us go to the range 1 to 5 times a week for practice...i can count on one finger how many times i see the local PD at the range...to practice....

oh well.......let the courts hear the arguments now, like out there in California, i think it was.

A resurgence of 1911's....

I see the "no grandfathering" of magazines you already own piece as a constitutional issue-it amounts to a seizure and forfeiture. That piece I believe will not withstand court challenge, in my opinion. NRA has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn California's high cap magazine ban. Things are heating up on the 2A front.

Last edited:
From the looks of the above map.It looks like with enough effort.Rhode Island could be seperated from the country and pushed into the Atlantic.As could California,Oregon,Washington (into the Pacific)

A resurgence of 1911's....

I see the "no grandfathering" of magazines you already own piece as a constitutional issue-it amounts to a seizure and forfeiture. That piece I believe will not withstand court challenge, in my opinion. NRA has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn California's high cap magazine ban. Things are heating up on the 2A front.
yes, regarding the 1911 uptick, or at least .45's that have at the very least 10 round mags, much like my G-30. my CZ 97 B is also 10 rounds, but that is discontinued as well

maybe even an up tick in revolvers, both 357 and 44 magnum, maybe as a carry as well, with the high firepower those rounds have.

i have already been told by the salesman at the LGS i go to, that the 2nd Amendment Coalition in my state has already had been prepared to take this to the high court.

yes, forfeiture and seizure is what i see as well.....what's next..??? our appliances that are not energy efficient..??

our clothing that is not clean and in good repair..??

will forfeiture and seizure end at just our magazines..???

again, it has to do with the elected officials that the voters, the crash test dummies, put into office, especially the progressives.

what i want to see, what i really want to see, is anyone of those sponsoring these Bills, and the others approving them..??

go into some of the neighborhoods in my state, have a sit down meal at an outdoor venue, and get robbed at gun point. and the surrounding patrons tell the cops that show up, with those people LISTENING, that "hey, we would have helped, but we only had 10 rounds to use".

tell you what too, even though i am not now, nor ever had been a LEO, if i were to have been in a walmart, or grocery store, and something "went down"?

i gave it considerable thought (in the past) to at least try and take "one out", since i have a 15 rnd mag......but if i am going to be reduced to a 10 rnd mag..??

well, i guess i may not take any chances, and run out of ammo in short time....

just something i had been thinking about.

From the looks of the above map.It looks like with enough effort.Rhode Island could be seperated from the country and pushed into the Atlantic.As could California,Oregon,Washington (into the Pacific)
well, i do have a sawzall, and long blades, i could help with that. even though i have lived here all my life....

i just wished i wasn't "tied down" due to things beyond my control, to get away.

my attorney general wrote a letter to the House, stating that he did not want magazines "grand fathered in" due to, "how can anyone prove when they bought them"?

well guess what....

I CAN...

i went to the websites i bought my magazines from. starting with my G-17....

it was not easy, some sites simply do not go back far in your purchase history, but my credit card company does.

so i went and sent emails to, 2 of the Reps that are 2A supporters, and to the local 2nd Amendment organization earlier this afternoon, telling them i HAVE PROOF.

also, i included my "record" of my hours on 2 ranges since Feb 2020, which add up to 232 hours. that's at least once per week, if not "up to" 4 times a week at times.

i also did a search on police training....and what a shocker.......

In reality, most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually.

In contrast to our frequency of training, those same suspects revealed that they practiced on average 23 times a year (or almost twice a month) with their handguns.

i get MORE practice each week, than they do all year.

("they" would have to train for at least 15 more years, to get close to what i have done since Feb of 2020)

and as a CCW holder, we will also be limited to only 10 rounds..???

and retired cops can have all the rounds they want???

if they are retired, then they are civilians like the rest of us. especially with the small amount of practice they get.

i'll let you know if the Reps, and/or the 2nd.org people get back to me

They can't afford the ammo, and when they do get to shoot the number rounds they are given has probably been reduced as well. One of the reasons depts are giving up their .40 cals is it's cheaper to practice with 9mm.
that's what one Rep i sent the email to said, the prices of ammo

but they can buy in bulk too, and get discounts, that maybe we cannot get?

I was talking to Bill, my instructor, this weekend about this very thing. He said it depends on the department. He is one of the guys tasked with training his fellow officers and they train bi- monthly. He also designs and fabricates robotic target systems they use. He says tactically I am better trained than many of them. He also said the serious guys train on their own, some at his facility.

my attorney general wrote a letter to the House, stating that he did not want magazines "grand fathered in" due to, "how can anyone prove when they bought them"?

well guess what....

I CAN...

i went to the websites i bought my magazines from. starting with my G-17....

it was not easy, some sites simply do not go back far in your purchase history, but my credit card company does.

so i went and sent emails to, 2 of the Reps that are 2A supporters, and to the local 2nd Amendment organization earlier this afternoon, telling them i HAVE PROOF.

also, i included my "record" of my hours on 2 ranges since Feb 2020, which add up to 232 hours. that's at least once per week, if not "up to" 4 times a week at times.

i also did a search on police training....and what a shocker.......

i get MORE practice each week, than they do all year.

("they" would have to train for at least 15 more years, to get close to what i have done since Feb of 2020)

and as a CCW holder, we will also be limited to only 10 rounds..???

and retired cops can have all the rounds they want???

if they are retired, then they are civilians like the rest of us. especially with the small amount of practice they get.

i'll let you know if the Reps, and/or the 2nd.org people get back to me
They don’t have to get back to you, you’ve told them all they need to know about who you are and what you have.

Well, here’s a perfect federal grant opportunity !
Stop giving $$ to incorrigibles* and funnel some of it over to LE for range training.

* for the record, I am NOT against programs to help unfortunates who genuinely need a hand, or even those who’ve paid for their crimes reintegrate into society. But NOT over & over & over, for life.

Re-fund the police !

UPDATE....!!!

June 14, 2022...

1 Bill DID NOT PASS..!!

NO MAGAZINE CAPACITY LIMITS...!!!!!!!!!!

it was a tie......6-6, so it FAILS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the other 2, i have to get back to you about

1) carrying long guns in public........

2) have to be 21 to buy long guns....

more later...!!!!!!!!!!

carrying long guns...passed

must be 21 to buy long guns...passed

Last edited:
UPDATE.....June 14, 2020

well the magazine capacity Bill failed in the Senate Judiciary Committee earlier today, but all 3 Bills went to the House Senate tonight, and THEY ALL PASSED...

meaning, under this new law, we can only have 10 round magazines......

but this will not end tonight. the Goobner will sign these Bills as soon as tomorrow, and from there, it will be fought in the courts, as i mentioned, it was said that it amounts to forfeiture and seizure, by the government.

of course too, the Pro 2A people that were there were screaming.."vote them out".

i should also repeat what i had also said earlier, that many democrats were against these Bills too.

well, the primaries are in September...

but this IS a dumb state, with equally dumb voters.

UPDATE: June 22, 2022

i just contacted a law firm here in my city, that is going to take this to the court(s) on behalf of their clients. it's going to be a class action suit, the secretary just told me. no out of pocket money for me (i'll get confirmation on that later) and they would like as many names as possible, to take to the courts.

sometime maybe today, the attorney that is going to be handling this will contact me. from what i also understand, many of the lawyers at that firm, are avid gun owners as well, again, i will get confirmation later.

yesterday, now get this, the goobner signed the Bills, IN PRIVATE, for INVITED guests only? only a "few" reporters were there. now it's MY understanding that the state house, ANY state house is OPEN to the public? and this "so and so" does this Bill signing in private..???

not a good look for him...heck, he wasn't even elected into office, he got to be the goobner cuz the former one went to work for Biden as his Commerce Secretary.... and trust me, she's "another winner" in the stupid dept...

i cannot wait for the primaries.

I was talking to Bill, my instructor, this weekend about this very thing. He said it depends on the department. He is one of the guys tasked with training his fellow officers and they train bi- monthly. He also designs and fabricates robotic target systems they use. He says tactically I am better trained than many of them. He also said the serious guys train on their own, some at his facility.
I am late weighing in on this subject but adding my $.02. I am a member of IALEFI, NLEFIA, and am a NRA LE Instructor. We talk about training frequency and intensity wherever LE instructors gather and we are acutely aware of training shortcomings in many area. Most instructors I know are committed to quality training and are only limited by resources.

There are about 17,000 law enforcement agencies in the U.S., with a full range of quality of training programs ranging from really poor to really good.

Budgets are important for a number of reasons. For firearms training, ammunition is the least expensive cost of all of it, providing you can get ammo at all. Most ammo manufacturers prioritize LE ammunition before commercial outlets. Having ammo available for training takes projection and planning but there is little reason for a competently led department to have insufficient training ammo. If the industry can't keep up with demand you may have to pare back but that should be temporary.

If your department time shares a range with other departments, you do not have full time access to the firing range which complicates scheduling, especially how many people you must get through on a given day.

The true cost of police firearms training is manpower. The cost of training ammo is miniscule compared to the manpower costs. Unless you are one of the larger departments with a full-time range staff, you have to pull instructors off the street to run your training program. Then you have to pull officers off the street to attend the training, either on overtime or re-scheduled time. Properly managed departments will have that training manpower and O.T. costs figured into their staffing plans. However, in understaffed departments struggling to handle an increasing call load, there is great pressure on the operations side to forgo training. When your choices are to handle those 911 calls versus sending people to the range, well the choice is undesirable but clear. This is further complicated by elected officials and administrations who don't support use of force training or want to reduce police budgets.

Many departments have highly sophisticated training programs built into their staffing plans. My department was nationally accredited and placed a premium on all kinds of training, and we qualified 4 times a year. SWAT every month, and snipers more often. We ran our recruits through a rigorous firearms training program before they went to the academy and one of our recruits usually took top gun. And yes we had a few folks who struggled to qualify every time. Some folks just have trouble with it. We were fortunate to be well capitalized by a very supportive community and administration who understand the importance of education and training. It did not hurt that three of the last four chiefs, including myself, had been SWAT commanders. I would say we were in the top 10% of departments in terms of training quality. But unfortunately not every department has the luxury of that kind of support.

The idiots who want to de-fund the police are causing havoc within many departments, often far-reaching in the areas of training budgets and compensation issues. Cut my training, cut my salaries and benefits, and you have problems recruiting and retaining good people, and morale goes into the ditch. Lose an experienced officer and it will take about 16 months to replace him with a rookie. Lack of training reduces quality of services delivered which leads to dissatisfaction from the community and it becomes a continuing downward spiral.

As I have always said, every community gets precisely the quality of service that it deserves.

I am late weighing in on this subject but adding my $.02. I am a member of IALEFI, NLEFIA, and am a NRA LE Instructor. We talk about training frequency and intensity wherever LE instructors gather and we are acutely aware of training shortcomings in many area. Most instructors I know are committed to quality training and are only limited by resources.

There are about 17,000 law enforcement agencies in the U.S., with a full range of quality of training programs ranging from really poor to really good.

Budgets are important for a number of reasons. For firearms training, ammunition is the least expensive cost of all of it, providing you can get ammo at all. Most ammo manufacturers prioritize LE ammunition before commercial outlets. Having ammo available for training takes projection and planning but there is little reason for a competently led department to have insufficient training ammo. If the industry can't keep up with demand you may have to pare back but that should be temporary.

If your department time shares a range with other departments, you do not have full time access to the firing range which complicates scheduling, especially how many people you must get through on a given day.

The true cost of police firearms training is manpower. The cost of training ammo is miniscule compared to the manpower costs. Unless you are one of the larger departments with a full-time range staff, you have to pull instructors off the street to run your training program. Then you have to pull officers off the street to attend the training, either on overtime or re-scheduled time. Properly managed departments will have that training manpower and O.T. costs figured into their staffing plans. However, in understaffed departments struggling to handle an increasing call load, there is great pressure on the operations side to forgo training. When your choices are to handle those 911 calls versus sending people to the range, well the choice is undesirable but clear. This is further complicated by elected officials and administrations who don't support use of force training or want to reduce police budgets.

Many departments have highly sophisticated training programs built into their staffing plans. My department was nationally accredited and placed a premium on all kinds of training, and we qualified 4 times a year. SWAT every month, and snipers more often. We ran our recruits through a rigorous firearms training program before they went to the academy and one of our recruits usually took top gun. And yes we had a few folks who struggled to qualify every time. Some folks just have trouble with it. We were fortunate to be well capitalized by a very supportive community and administration who understand the importance of education and training. It did not hurt that three of the last four chiefs, including myself, had been SWAT commanders. I would say we were in the top 10% of departments in terms of training quality. But unfortunately not every department has the luxury of that kind of support.

The idiots who want to de-fund the police are causing havoc within many departments, often far-reaching in the areas of training budgets and compensation issues. Cut my training, cut my salaries and benefits, and you have problems recruiting and retaining good people, and morale goes into the ditch. Lose an experienced officer and it will take about 16 months to replace him with a rookie. Lack of training reduces quality of services delivered which leads to dissatisfaction from the community and it becomes a continuing downward spiral.

As I have always said, every community gets precisely the quality of service that it deserves.
Very well said Hayes.

Back