testtest

M1A Ammo?

kraythe

Alpha
I have purchased an M1A Loaded and I am working on figuring out what round the firearm likes for accuracy. I would be interested to hear opinions on what has worked well for shot groups and reliable placement at 300+.

I also bought some bulk ammo just to "have around" given the shortage and uncertainty in these current times. The markings on the bottom of the ammo are odd though. Has anyone seen anything like this? I don't know what to make of it. I have attached the picture below and the MidwayUSA product is the following.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• MidwayUSA-308-636435 .jpeg
    MidwayUSA-308-636435 .jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 387
Grats on your weapon. The markings on the casing are just manufacturer markings. I wouldn't worry about it. LC for lake city, not sure about the 18 or I8.

Grats on your weapon. The markings on the casing are just manufacturer markings. I wouldn't worry about it. LC for lake city, not sure about the 18 or I8.

Yeah I have found out a bit more. Apparently should be read 81 in clockwise manner but that is the brass manufacture date and oddly the caliber is not marked.

I have purchased an M1A Loaded and I am working on figuring out what round the firearm likes for accuracy. I would be interested to hear opinions on what has worked well for shot groups and reliable placement at 300+.

I also bought some bulk ammo just to "have around" given the shortage and uncertainty in these current times. The markings on the bottom of the ammo are odd though. Has anyone seen anything like this? I don't know what to make of it. I have attached the picture below and the MidwayUSA product is the following.

Thanks for the help.
That’s good US Surplus; Lake City (Missouri, iirc) Ammunition plant. 2018 manufacture, and the circle/cross is the NATO acceptance stamp.

Federal Cartridge owns/runs the plant.

It’s perfect fodder for your M1A.

Back