testtest

M1A/M14 - Will the Walnut Stock of the .308 Win version fit the 6.5 CR version of the M1A?

Been dying to swap out the black polymer on my Scout Squad to a Walnut stock but i'm too chicken **** to take it apart and fit it into the walnut stock. Let me know how yours comes out and how much fitting you had to do =P
Seeing how I can't find a Loaded M1A Creedmoore online or in shops, you may be waiting a while. Its rare when a firearm is sold out everywhere, that you can find one anytime soon.

My question was very much in the vain of a future project and depending on the replies, just how much urgency I would have in running down a M1A Loaded Creedmoore. Since the replies are positive, I'm handy and like a challenge, this certainly is on the short list for a future project, I want an M14 replica, and in Maryland putting a little money and work into a Creedmore version should produce some satisfying results.

Seeing how I can't find a Loaded M1A Creedmoore online or in shops, you may be waiting a while. Its rare when a firearm is sold out everywhere, that you can find one anytime soon.

My question was very much in the vain of a future project and depending on the replies, just how much urgency I would have in running down a M1A Loaded Creedmoore. Since the replies are positive, I'm handy and like a challenge, this certainly is on the short list for a future project, I want an M14 replica, and in Maryland putting a little money and work into a Creedmore version should produce some satisfying results.
Did you look into ordering through your local shop/FFL? Might take up to a year, but I was waiting for an M1A loaded walnut to show up in my area (I check 12-15 local shops weekly) for about a year before I chose to buy a loaded composite and do the walnut conversion myself. M1A's are rare enough...waiting for a 6.5 Loaded Walnut might not happen on its own...Most shops will order for you with $100 non-refundable deposit. This gun-buying spree we are in won't end any time soon.

Did you look into ordering through your local shop/FFL? Might take up to a year, but I was waiting for an M1A loaded walnut to show up in my area (I check 12-15 local shops weekly) for about a year before I chose to buy a loaded composite and do the walnut conversion myself. M1A's are rare enough...waiting for a 6.5 Loaded Walnut might not happen on its own...Most shops will order for you with $100 non-refundable deposit. This gun-buying spree we are in won't end any time soon.
I didn't know they offered the M1A Loaded Creedmoore with a Walnut Stock, all the versions I see on the website, none of the Creedmore's have a Wood Stock. I'm also only looking for the 22" barrel, so maybe a shorter barrel version has a wood stock option?

I didn't know they offered the M1A Loaded Creedmoore with a Walnut Stock, all the versions I see on the website, none of the Creedmore's have a Wood Stock. I'm also only looking for the 22" barrel, so maybe a shorter barrel version has a wood stock option?
Sorry Rick, they might not offer that option. Wasn't paying attention to the thread earlier when that might have been mentioned. Keep in mind the LRB stock can be purchased any time...keep your eyes out for the 6.5 Loaded. Interesting, I just checked their website and lots of M1A's are no longer listed....all of the Match models are gone? Yikes. I've not seen any M1A's in 6.5 Creedmore come into stock at any FFL I frequent over the last year...might have to order it anyway...then order a stock from LRB (or other)...if $375 extra isn't an issue (that's what I just paid for an LRB walnut stock with hardware preinstalled and walnut handguard). Best wishes...

Back