testtest

My take on proposed legislation

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
First of all, this isn’t a political post or a post to start disagreements, just my thoughts. First of all, I did read there proposals. I really don’t see an assault weapons ban, even though I don’t know what there referring to as a assault weapon.

As for the high capacity magazine ban, I have read most what they want to do, the way I read it is they want to ban new magazines, so if you read the second paragraph under magazine ban, if you owned any on or before the law takes effect, if it does, you are grandfathered in, so you can keep them, but if you don’t want them, you can’t sell, give them away, but there going to set up a fund that if you want to get rid of them, you can sell them to the government, like that’s going to happen.

As for the safe storage, this one I really can’t get my head around, so if you got kids, you have to secure your guns, which most gun owners do without the government telling you to do so.

Universal background checks and the loophole they keep talking about. Every firearm I have purchased, I went though a check, all of them, and in my area, most but not all gun shows require that if you sell any gun, you go through a check.

So actually all there proposals in my opinion wouldn’t have stopped any of these awful, horrendous events, like I stated this is my personal thoughts here.

First of all, this isn’t a political post or a post to start disagreements, just my thoughts. First of all, I did read there proposals. I really don’t see an assault weapons ban, even though I don’t know what there referring to as a assault weapon.

As for the high capacity magazine ban, I have read most what they want to do, the way I read it is they want to ban new magazines, so if you read the second paragraph under magazine ban, if you owned any on or before the law takes effect, if it does, you are grandfathered in, so you can keep them, but if you don’t want them, you can’t sell, give them away, but there going to set up a fund that if you want to get rid of them, you can sell them to the government, like that’s going to happen.

As for the safe storage, this one I really can’t get my head around, so if you got kids, you have to secure your guns, which most gun owners do without the government telling you to do so.

Universal background checks and the loophole they keep talking about. Every firearm I have purchased, I went though a check, all of them, and in my area, most but not all gun shows require that if you sell any gun, you go through a check.

So actually all there proposals in my opinion wouldn’t have stopped any of these awful, horrendous events, like I stated this is my personal thoughts here.

This is what I think we're going to end up with.

21 to buy a gun.

Red Flag Laws

No comprehensive BGC, but enhanced BGC. Which means they will probably eliminate the rule that allows an FFL to sell a gun to someone who has been delayed for 3 business days. Or perhaps make it 10 days. And some sort of mechanism for putting people on the deny list for mental health issues.

This is what I think we're going to end up with.

21 to buy a gun.

Red Flag Laws

No comprehensive BGC, but enhanced BGC. Which means they will probably eliminate the rule that allows an FFL to sell a gun to someone who has been delayed for 3 business days. Or perhaps make it 10 days. And some sort of mechanism for putting people on the deny list for mental health issues.
Yep, more then likely, just not a fan of red flag crap, that can get out of hand rather quickly

I see retaliation by family or friends play big on this.
Getting a divorce ??? Spouse (either one) goes after the others guns to be vindictive making stuff up with the cops and the whole pandoras box it will ensare with possible custody of kids
At some point the SCOTUS needs to get involved. I believe the feds would have to enforce this themselves in my state because it is against state law for any of our LEO to enforce it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1654556927275.jpg
    FB_IMG_1654556927275.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 91
One more step closer to eliminating the 2nd amendment. One small step at a time. I will not support any more 2A infringements, regardless of the latest tragedy. Or the next 100 tragedies.
That is their goal. Not saving lives or saving kids. If that was their goal they would be vigorously attacking prosecutors and aldermen in democrat controlled cities for no cash bail and releasing felons with guns back on to the streets.

In 2021 the FBI reports there were 61 active shooter incidences in the US.
32 were at businesses and only 2 at places of education (schools)
only 12 met the Federal criteria for "mass shootings"

~10% happened in California.

California has "Universal Background Checks", bans high-capacity magazines, waiting periods for gun purchases, red flag laws, a good-cause requirement to obtain a concealed carry permit, and a number of gun-carry bans on public grounds.

It seems last year the currently proposed new Federal laws did not help in California.
Surely our elected representatives realize criminals do not obey the law.

Get more facts from the FBI report (surely our members of Congress have seen this)

Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2021

The red flag laws are going to be an issue.

As others have mentioned, they have the opportunity to get out of hand fast and if our wonderful politicians decide to go that route, they need to make sure a punishment is written into the law to deter abuse of the system.

Ultimately this is all about getting rid of the 2A altogether, little piece by little piece.

In 2021 the FBI reports there were 61 active shooter incidences in the US.
32 were at businesses and only 2 at places of education (schools)
only 12 met the Federal criteria for "mass shootings"

~10% happened in California.

California has "Universal Background Checks", bans high-capacity magazines, waiting periods for gun purchases, red flag laws, a good-cause requirement to obtain a concealed carry permit, and a number of gun-carry bans on public grounds.

It seems last year the currently proposed new Federal laws did not help in California.
Surely our elected representatives realize criminals do not obey the law.

Get more facts from the FBI report (surely our members of Congress have seen this)

Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2021
Sure they have. Anti gun politicians, activists and media prefer to get their stats from the Giffords Group or Everytown For Gun Safety.

That is their goal. Not saving lives or saving kids. If that was their goal they would be vigorously attacking prosecutors and aldermen in democrat controlled cities for no cash bail and releasing felons with guns back on to the streets.
Concur.
But I’ll go one step further : if saving lives were the liberal’s true goal, they would be after the highway safety board or whatever it is…. Between 30,000 and 35,000 lives lost every year on America’s hiways and Interstate system, and we do absolutely nothing about it.

Mass shootings are a horrible thing. But some shootings are fully justified. Name me a freeway death that can claim that. And every one of them was ‘preventable’.
Accident schmaccident.

Concur.
But I’ll go one step further : if saving lives were the liberal’s true goal, they would be after the highway safety board or whatever it is…. Between 30,000 and 35,000 lives lost every year on America’s hiways and Interstate system, and we do absolutely nothing about it.

Mass shootings are a horrible thing. But some shootings are fully justified. Name me a freeway death that can claim that. And every one of them was ‘preventable’.
Accident schmaccident.

It speaks volumes that according to the news and the politicians, the nation is scared, horrified and begging the government to do something about mass shootings killing our kids ( I even heard one today go as far as to say our democracy depends on it- sound familiar ? ) yet more children are killed every day by abortion than everything else combined. More minority children are killed every day by doctors than by anything else.

And for the record, I am not against legalized abortion. But unlike certain politicians I don't believe abortion, NOT a constitutional right, is immune to regulation. Those same politicians say the 2A, which is a constitutional right, is not immune to regulation.

It speaks volumes that according to the news and the politicians, the nation is scared, horrified and begging the government to do something about mass shootings killing our kids ( I even heard one today go as far as to say our democracy depends on it- sound familiar ? ) yet more children are killed every day by abortion than everything else combined. More minority children are killed every day by doctors than by anything else.

And for the record, I am not against legalized abortion. But unlike certain politicians I don't believe abortion, NOT a constitutional right, is immune to regulation. Those same politicians say the 2A, which is a constitutional right, is not immune to regulation.
….spot on. Especially the last paragraph.

Isn't ironic that every online retailer of firearms accessories is pushing standard AR mags like crazy? Midway, Brownells, Classic Firearms, etc....getting 2-3 e-mails a day and ALL of Magpuls et al, on hyper-marketing mode...
Mags are on sale frequently from these companies and there's always a bigger push at election time or when there proposed anti 2A legislation.

Firearms, related accessories & ammo are fast becoming commonly available again as I've seen sale prices for items I haven't seen since the precovid days.

Soon there won't be much of a shortage especially with the current fuel trends as most people tamp down their spending just to have enough money for gas to get to work. If this keeps up you'll see the firearms industry as well as other industries start liquidating their products just to stay afloat.

Back