testtest

My take on proposed legislation

I am astounded by the number of people who believe you can buy a gun from a gun store, or on the internet, with no background check. Much of the anti-gun hyperbole is based upon these incorrect assumptions.
The only “loophole” at gun shows or anywhere else to get out of BGCs is private sales between individuals. They very well could be eliminating that. But, I’m not even sure they are smart enough to know this is the only “loophole” there is…

The Red Flag..... already has a foothold in Fl Law.......you never know where it might come from. OP-SEC being the key word here. Live in a lib hood? Keep a way low profile, no more Sunday afternoon gun cleaning parties on the front porch. I'm sure there are many other ideas for keeping out of sight.

Any new gun laws need to include a nation-wide Project Exile program.

Project Exile is a federal program started in Richmond, Virginia, in 1997. Project Exile shifted the prosecution of illegal technical gun possession offenses to federal court, where they carried a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in federal prison under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, rather than in state court. Note that federal law (18 U.S. Code § 922(g) & 924) provides for a penalty of ten years in federal prison for being a "prohibited person", i.e., a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, as well as for falsifying information in order to obtain one, or furnishing a gun to a convicted felon.

Last edited:
I only know about Illinois.For years they have had what amounts to a red flag law.There are many people,including doctors.Who have been on the "Remove all guns" bandwagon for many years.If you are treated for depression for any reason.There are many doctors who will send info to the State police.A week or so later they mail you a letter.Asking you to return your foid card.The penalties for not doing so can result in jail time.This is not fabricated info.Ive seen it happen.After that it is impossible to obtain a foid card.They just ignore your requests for a hearing.Unless of course you are "connected".It is my understanding it is a class 5 felony.This may or may not have changed as far as the penalty

Red flag laws in IL I believe do not work. Chicago Cook Co is proof. Gun violence persists and there’s no mention of Red Flag being initiated when known subjects are identified. The local matters left up to prosecutors and judges haven’t been effective, and the Fed only takes on a limited amount of cases annually.

Case and point:

We have an IL State gun registry under a guise called Firearm Owners ID. Not exactly an effective brainchild for crime reduction and it’s been around since 1968.
If on a Fed level, a Red Flag law I believe, opens the door for creation (spending) of an entire new DOJ sector to do the door to door retrieving. Red Flag requires surrendering firearms until adjudication, i.e. get a lawyer and expect a long, expensive process and a probability of a chain of causation to go after supplier, manufacturers and FFL.

I haven’t researched or found what They call commonsense guns laws. Also there’s no indication from Them about what Their expanded background check entails unless it’s elimination of private person to person sales and expanded tort.

DOJ Red Flagging ? The TSA has watchlists that have in the past caused grief for some people with common or similar names.

Bottom line - all talk, all distraction.

First of all, this isn’t a political post or a post to start disagreements, just my thoughts. First of all, I did read there proposals. I really don’t see an assault weapons ban, even though I don’t know what there referring to as a assault weapon.

As for the high capacity magazine ban, I have read most what they want to do, the way I read it is they want to ban new magazines, so if you read the second paragraph under magazine ban, if you owned any on or before the law takes effect, if it does, you are grandfathered in, so you can keep them, but if you don’t want them, you can’t sell, give them away, but there going to set up a fund that if you want to get rid of them, you can sell them to the government, like that’s going to happen.

As for the safe storage, this one I really can’t get my head around, so if you got kids, you have to secure your guns, which most gun owners do without the government telling you to do so.

Universal background checks and the loophole they keep talking about. Every firearm I have purchased, I went though a check, all of them, and in my area, most but not all gun shows require that if you sell any gun, you go through a check.

So actually all there proposals in my opinion wouldn’t have stopped any of these awful, horrendous events, like I stated this is my personal thoughts here.
All these proposals are nothing more than feel good knee jerk useless laws to show their democrat constituents that are trying to curb gun violence when all they need to do is let law enforcement and prosecutors enforce what is on the books already.
Truth in sentencing even if the criminal is a juvenile.
Granted no laws are perfect and criminals will commit crimes, but what is there to lose ???

Remember Sandy Hook elementary School? That was in Newtown, Connecticut 2012. They already had every law they are asking for in place at that time: "assault weapon" bans, ammo limits, waiting periods, background checks, licensing and registration schemes, the works. Connecticut was, I think, rated 4th in the nation by the Brady Campaign for their excellent gun laws designed to "protect children from gun violence." We saw how effective that was.

None of these school kids died because people can buy AR 15's. They died because someone was willing to kill them and no one was there who could protect them. Gun laws address neither of those crucial factors.

Whatever crackpot nonsense they are brewing in D.C., nothing good will come of it. And I'm not just being cynical. It's their proven track record.

When the next shooting happens with a 21 year old wielding a lever action .357, will they all sit back and say, "There. That's how it should be done!?"

Here is the Florida Statute on Risk Protection Orders that is being discussed. Whether you agree with the law or not, there is a lot of language that assures due process and requires significant evidence for the order to be issued

Well, that's the crux of the whole issue. Any law can be called a "red flag" law, but they are not all the same. Some may be written by sane people with reasonable provisions and proper regard for due process for the accused. Other versions are horrific schemes clearly designed to make life hell for gun owners. If democrats support it, you'll know which it is.

The devil is always in the details.

Red Flag laws have nothing to do with removing weapons from criminals or potential criminals. They are a method to disarm law-abiding citizens while allowing criminals to stay fully armed to the teeth. There is a pattern forming with everything in the news these days...and yes, I polished my tin foil hat today, thank you.

Red Flag laws have nothing to do with removing weapons from criminals or potential criminals. They are a method to disarm law-abiding citizens while allowing criminals to stay fully armed to the teeth. There is a pattern forming with everything in the news these days...and yes, I polished my tin foil hat today, thank you.
Plenty of that tin foil hat stuff has been pretty darn accurate at times.

Back