testtest

Need A New Coffee Maker

Well my lady is ok with purchasing this next coffeemaker however unless Keurig has improved their brewing a quality cup of coffee I will say no to that at all cost. I prefer my coffee strong and those little pods just don’t do it for me.
Key,

My Keurig does both Kcups and a 12-cup pot, thereby allowing you to make it as strong as you wish. I only add this because many here talk about K-cups which suck.

Please don't interpret this as a thumbs up for the machine. I prefer the fish-camp percolator pot that goes right on the stove...even if coffee snobs say you should never boil coffee. Thhppt.

Key,

My Keurig does both Kcups and a 12-cup pot, thereby allowing you to make it as strong as you wish. I only add this because many here talk about K-cups which suck.

Please don't interpret this as a thumbs up for the machine. I prefer the fish-camp percolator pot that goes right on the stove...even if coffee snobs say you should never boil coffee. Thhppt.
I do appreciate all the suggestions, I tried a K-Pod coffee machine years ago and the coffee was just not strong enough besides being (my opinion) a very expensive way to make coffee.

1665800819320.gif

The problem with Kuerig for the real coffee lovers, is it makes the coffee too fast. Good coffee requires hotter water and more time with the beans soaking in it.

There are others, but they are all imitations of the Kuerig, which doesn't mean they are bad. They are all trying new features and gimmicks to attract business, some might be useful for some.

But, I just want a caffeine shot, some flavor is good, but that is what flavored creamer is for. So I'm happy with my Kuerig.

I played around with a French Press and electric tea kettle for a little while. It only take a minute or two longer than a Kuerig but makes a much better quality mug of coffee for the coffee purist. The electric kettle will boil a quart of water in two minutes, you pour it in the french press with the coffee grounds, give it a minute with a couple of stires, then press down the filter and pour out your cup of coffee. BUT, this is not automated, it requires a good 5-7 minutes of your undivided attention and then you have a french press to clean afterwards, so less convenient. The extra effort might be worth it for a true coffee conisierre.

The only other thing between the two would be the Coffee machine that makes a pot off a timer.

We have a Keurig, and a Nespresso that our kids gave us for Christmas, and a Breville 12 cup for when we have a crowd. The Nespresso pods are pricey, but my wife has learned to refill them with a foil kit she got on Amazon. Nespresso is good if you like frothy coffee, but I prefer simple black coffee out of the Keurig. There is a wide variety of coffee available in the pods, from weak to put-hair-on your chest and everything in between, you just had to find the one that suits you.

We have a Keurig, and a Nespresso that our kids gave us for Christmas, and a Breville 12 cup for when we have a crowd. The Nespresso pods are pricey, but my wife has learned to refill them with a foil kit she got on Amazon. Nespresso is good if you like frothy coffee, but I prefer simple black coffee out of the Keurig. There is a wide variety of coffee available in the pods, from weak to put-hair-on your chest and everything in between, you just had to find the one that suits you.
I appreciate your input as well as others who have mentioned the Keurige coffee makers, I tried a K-pod machine when they first hit the market when pods were limited and never found one that produced a cup of coffee I liked.
I also had a Nespresso machine that I liked but that went from working one day to total failure the next. The maker of the machine was happy to take my money for the pods but refused to help with the machine failure. I still have pods left over, very disappointed.

Right now I’m researching and looking at a Ninja unit that will brew half/full carafes, single cups and travel mugs as well as some specialty brews.

My head is spinning and not from to much caffeine. 😵‍💫😂

When I was working I worked as a roving Patrol guard three different times. It was my favorite assignment because I got to move around all night and it made it really easy to avoid my supervisor.

The reason that's relevant to this discussion is because I found Starbucks coffee cups all over town. And I mean the nice steel travel mugs. I would take them home and boil them and use them myself.

The only coffee I've ever found that I really liked was Farmer Brothers Arabica Rush. The only place I ever found it was at a T. Rowe Price office that I used to work at. I mean, you can buy it online but you have to buy a long ton of it at a time. I liked it but I don't like it that much.

The last assignment that I had. I had to stop at a tech company to check the refrigerators in their cafeteria and they had a Starbucks coffee machine in the break room. Usually by the time I got there the janitors had a pot going and I would fill up my travel mug.

At around 0400 I had to check an office that was right next to Love's Truck Stop. I was usually out of coffee by then and they had a Brazilian Roast that was really good (if you take into account the fact that it was truck stop coffee). As an added bonus the counter girl (Heather) had a crush on me and she decided that being a security guard made me a "First Responder". ( to be fair, Heather was a really nice girl and she really was kind of cute. However I'm happily married and I have grandchildren older than her) So, I got free coffee. That last cup would usually keep me going till I got off at 8:00.

Having said all that, my preference is for tea. I'm actually brewing a cup while I'm typing this. I boil two bags of black and one bag of green Lipton tea and then pour it into one of my Starbucks mugs.

Here's another true story for you. I came into work one morning and really one of my co-workers and he left. 15 minutes after he was gone I noticed that he left his Stanley coffee thermos behind. So I rinsed it out for him so it wouldn't get nasty and I put it in my car so it wouldn't disappear.

Then I sent him an email on the company email letting him know that I had the thermos and that he was certainly welcome to come in and pick it up at any time or I would return it to him the next Thursday (He only worked on my site one night a week).

The next day I got an email from him telling him that he didn't want the thermos and I could just throw it away.

To make a long story short I sent him back another email reiterating that I was more than happy to keep the thermos for him and return it to him it was no trouble and he told me again to get rid of it. So, to cover my butt I sent him back another email stating that per his instructions I got rid of the thermos. Then I took it home and I boiled it and I still use it.

Last edited:
No suggestions for a coffee maker but here's my suggestion for a multi use coffee grinder:

You can get breakfast and grind your coffee with the same tool 😆😆😆

Back