testtest

New Prodigy trigger pull weight only 2.7'ish lbs. after 650 rds.

All good points I think everyone is making. Throw a DA into the picture after a good shoot and I bet a 2.5# trigger pull weight comes up no matter how much training a person has. Maybe not in all states but many/most I bet, especially the big cities.
In a justifiable, intentional use of deadly force trigger weight has no bearing. In a negligent/unintentional discharge it is absolutely an issue.

All good points I think everyone is making. Throw a DA into the picture after a good shoot and I bet a 2.5# trigger pull weight comes up no matter how much training a person has. Maybe not in all states but many/most I bet, especially the big cities.
Name one example.

I really, really wish people would stop parroting if you have a light trigger the police, courts, DA, attorney will come after you.

No.
If you discharge your weapon at a suspect then a few more rounds that strike others, yes.
Trigger weight by and of itself, no.

Yes I understand that, believe me. You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall to the level of your training. That’s why you do that repeatedly over and over every single day until it’s muscle memory. I’m confident that there will never be a situation where my finger goes on the trigger without that weapon being pointed in a safe direction. And that’s not because I’m a hardened pistolero ( that helps though 😉). In fact it’s something everyone who carries a gun should be able to say. The absolute very least anyone who carries a gun could do is at least make certain you can keep your finger off the trigger until the gun is settled on your target.
For the record, I prefer handgun triggers around 4 lbs. ARs about 2.5-3 lbs and shotguns about 7 lbs. Smooth action with very little pre travel and a reasonably short, crisp, audible reset are more important to me than pull weight.

Back