testtest

New Shield Plus

N

nmedge

Davidsons sent me an email apologizing about the mix -up and told me a gun was being sent to my LGS. They also called LGS to let him know it was coming and was being sent out today. It should be at LGS Monday as UPS does not deliver on the weekend. Looking forward to getting it and was happy they corrected their mistake. Will post pics when I get it.

Davidsons sent me an email apologizing about the mix -up and told me a gun was being sent to my LGS. They also called LGS to let him know it was coming and was being sent out today. It should be at LGS Monday as UPS does not deliver on the weekend. Looking forward to getting it and was happy they corrected their mistake. Will post pics when I get it.

Nice. I really like the Shields. I have 2. When they make a Plus in .45 I will have 3.

I hope so. I waited forever for them to come out with the .45 Shield. I bought a Performance Center .40 first to sate me while I waited. When they released the M2.0 .45 ( ALL Shield .45s are M2.0 ) I bought one immediately.
Maybe so for the non Performance Center Shield 45, since I have all three calibers (9,40,45) in the PC 1.0 ported Shields.

Check again dad. There is no such thing as a M1.0 .45 ACP Shield. They are ALL M2.0.
Here‘s a picture of a PC 2.0 45 Shield (Note the M2.0 on the slide). Below that is a picture of my PC 45, (note no M2.0 designation on slide). I bought the 3 caliber PC 1.0 versions right after my original 9mm Shield which I installed an apex trigger in. I’ve since bought 2 PC Shield Plus 9mm with 4” barrels in different configurations. Article which showed M2.0 shield is below pictures. I bought my first 4 Shields before S&W even announced.released their M2.0 versions in any caliber.

1686328506879.jpeg
IMG_0874.jpeg

Last edited:
Here‘s a picture of a PC 2.0 45 Shield (Note the M2.0 on the slide). Below that is a picture of my PC 45, (note no M2.0 designation on slide). I bought the 3 caliber PC 1.0 versions right after my original 9mm Shield which I installed an apex trigger in. I’ve since bought 2 PC Shield Plus 9mm with 4” barrels in different configurations. Article which showed M2.0 shield is below pictures. I bought my first 4 Shields before S&W even announced.released their M2.0 versions in any caliber.

View attachment 40523View attachment 40525
Don’t see the M2.0, but I looked very close and saw this……..🥴🥴🥴🥴
1686330658938.jpeg

View attachment 40523View attachment 40525
I'm telling you brother, ALL Shield .45s were born 2.0. I have had conversations with 3 different S&W reps about this. Some of the very early ones weren't branded apparently, but the features are identical.

"I don't think so. As far as features, the guns are the same to my knowledge. There never really was a Gen 1 Shield 45; the Shield 45 was BORN as a 2.0 gun, with the advanced trigger and the new stippling on the handle. Just because Smith started stamping them with a 2.0 at some point doesn't mean much."

I'm telling you brother, ALL Shield .45s were born 2.0. I have had conversations with 3 different S&W reps about this. Some of the very early ones weren't branded apparently, but the features are identical.

"I don't think so. As far as features, the guns are the same to my knowledge. There never really was a Gen 1 Shield 45; the Shield 45 was BORN as a 2.0 gun, with the advanced trigger and the new stippling on the handle. Just because Smith started stamping them with a 2.0 at some point doesn't mean much."
Done arguing. I know what I bought and it was before any M2.0 versions came out. I bought the fullsize M2.0 9 when that came out and had all the fullsize V1 9, 40 (magazine disconnect), and 45. I have all three M2.0 compacts in 9,40, and 45 along with the C.O.R.E. in 9 and new Competitor in 9. Plus the 2 M2.0 10mm (but not the 5" yet).
You believe what you want. I have the first gen PC in 9, 40 and 45 Shields.

Done arguing. I know what I bought and it was before any M2.0 versions came out. I bought the fullsize M2.0 9 when that came out and had all the fullsize V1 9, 40 (magazine disconnect), and 45. I have all three M2.0 compacts in 9,40, and 45 along with the C.O.R.E. in 9 and new Competitor in 9. Plus the 2 M2.0 10mm (but not the 5" yet).
You believe what you want. I have the first gen PC in 9, 40 and 45 Shields.
Call them and ask them brother. I'm not arguing, I'm telling you a fact. Every single Shield .45 was produced with the trigger and grip upgrade and is the same damn gun as the 2.0 regardless of what it has stamped on the slide. THERE IS NO 1ST. GEN 45 SHIELD.

You can believe what you want dad, but I got the dope from more than one person at S&W. I suggest you call them for your own peace of mind.

I have an original Sheild, a Performance Center Sheild 2.0, and a Performance Center Sheild Plus. Carry the Sheild Plus in a Galco Summer Comfort black leather holster. For some reason the Plus will not draw easily from my Alien Gear holster that was bought for the original Sheild. My Galco cross draw for Sheild cannot be used with the Plus because the mag release pressed on the belt and kicks the mag out. Beware when buying holsters for the Plus.

While I had the original Shield in 9mm, didn’t care for the trigger, and it just didn’t feel right to me, don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with the gun, but just wasn’t for me, I know I’ll get flak now, but I went to a G27, liked it, felt good to me, haven’t tried the 2.0 yet, I know the trigger is better, maybe one day I’ll give the Shield another go

While I had the original Shield in 9mm, didn’t care for the trigger, and it just didn’t feel right to me, don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with the gun, but just wasn’t for me, I know I’ll get flak now, but I went to a G27, liked it, felt good to me, haven’t tried the 2.0 yet, I know the trigger is better, maybe one day I’ll give the Shield another go
Some guns just don't feel right in the hands. For me that was every single Glock I tried. Also the LCP.

Back