testtest

New Shield Plus

I had an original Shield in 9mm and liked it. I sold it not because I didn't like it, but because I had too many guns in that size. I do have a 2.0 Shield in 9mm, the Shield Plus 9mm and the .45 Shield. They feel good in hand, are accurate and soft shooting. If you think the grip is too rough, you can give it a buff with sandpaper. I saw a ported .45 Performance Center .45 Shield on sale recently and was sorely tempted.

My wife and I looked at an LCP last week. The LGS owner said the were kind of brutal to shoot.
Brutal is right. Unless you get some underpowered rounds it's gonna make your fingers remember the LCP for a long time to come. The most uncomfortable gun I've ever owned. Just ouch.

While I had the original Shield in 9mm, didn’t care for the trigger, and it just didn’t feel right to me, don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with the gun, but just wasn’t for me, I know I’ll get flak now, but I went to a G27, liked it, felt good to me, haven’t tried the 2.0 yet, I know the trigger is better, maybe one day I’ll give the Shield another go
No reason for flak, every one has different likes and dislike, different feels in the hand. I tried Glocks, and Shields both, liked neither. Tried a lot of different striker pistols, only one I liked enough to buy was the P365xl and still on the fence.

To each thier own...

There is only one Shield 45 version. They all are basically 2.0s. Basically, the Shield 45 was released litteraly a few short months before the Shield 2.0 in 9mm was released. The Shield 45 and Shield 2.0 9mm are all in the same configuration.

There is no Shield 45acp 1.0.... The only difference between the first Shield 45acp that were initially released and the current Shield 45s is the "2.0" that's engraved on the slide, but other than the engraving, they're the same exact gun. They both are 2.0s, and the addition of the "2.0" on the slide isn't an indication of a new generation. S&W simply added the version number to the slide.

Last edited:
There is only one Shield 45 version. They all are basically 2.0s. Basically, the Shield 45 was released litteraly a few short months before the Shield 2.0 in 9mm was released. The Shield 45 and Shield 2.0 9mm are all in the same configuration.

There is no Shield 45acp 1.0.... The only difference between the first Shield 45acp that were initially released and the current Shield 45s is the "2.0" that's engraved on the slide, but other than the engraving, they're the same exact gun. They both are 2.0s, and the addition of the "2.0" on the slide isn't an indication of a new generation. S&W simply added the version number to the slide.
IMG_1861.jpeg
IMG_1862.jpeg

Ok, explain this, two listings for the .45 Shield, it doesn’t say 1.0, but there is one listed that’s not a 2.0, the 2.0 is listed after the first one…….and it’s not a typo…..

Last edited:
View attachment 40611View attachment 40612
Ok, explain this, two listings for the .45 Shield, it doesn’t say 1.0, but there is one listed that’s not a 2.0, the 2.0 is listed after the first one…….
The two have different markings on the slide, but they're identical in every way otherwise. They changed the slide in 2019. The frame, internals of the frame and slide, the mags, and the trigger are all exactly the same. Absolutely nothing will be different other than the the text engraved on the slide.

The two have different markings on the slide, but they're identical in every way otherwise. They changed the slide in 2019. The frame, internals of the frame and slide, the mags, and the trigger are all exactly the same.
Still, it may be the same as a 2.0, but it’s not 2.0, it’s just a Shield .45, not a 2.0, it came out before the designation of 2.0, so it doesn’t mean it’s a 2.0, been into S&W guns since the 80’s and they don’t make mistakes by not stamping guns, may be identical guns, but not a 2.0

Still, it may be the same as a 2.0, but it’s not 2.0, it’s just a Shield .45, not a 2.0, it came out before the designation of 2.0, so it doesn’t mean it’s a 2.0, been into S&W guns since the 80’s and they don’t make mistakes by not stamping guns, may be identical guns, but not a 2.0
It is a 2.0 lol... that like saying if Glock changes the markings on the current 19 Gen 5, it's a whole new generation.

Go to the S&W forum and inquire with others. Start a poll. There is no 1.0 Shield 45. There was the original Shield 1.0, S&W then released the Shield 45 in the Shield 2.0 configuration right before the Shield 2.0 9mm was released, S&W introduced a $100 rebate on all the Shields, after the $100 rebate ended, they released the Shield 2.0 in 9mm that had all the exact same features and appearance of the Shield 45. S&W later updated the text on the Shield 45 to match that of the Shield 9mm which entailed adding the "2.0" engravings to the slide.

Last edited:
I don’t listen to those goobers over there, I will disagree, if it’s a 2.0 it would have it on the slide, did you read what was listed in the book, Shield .45 new, 2016, Shield 2.0 .45 new 2019

It is a 2.0 lol... that like saying if Glock changes the markings on the current 19 Gen 5, it's a whole new generation.

Go to the S&W forum and inquire with others. Start a poll. There is no 1.0 Shield 45. There was the original Shield 1.0, S&W then released the Shield 45 in the Shield 2.0 configuration right before the Shield 2.0 9mm was released, S&W introduced a $100 rebate on all the Shields, after the $100 rebate ended, they released the Shield 2.0 in 9mm that had all the exact same features and appearance of the Shield 45. S&W later updated the text on the Shield 45 to match that of the Shield 9mm which entailed adding the "2.0" engravings to the slide.
BTW, there are differences in Gen 3, Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks, not just the roll mark stamping. Gen 4’s had a new RSA assembly, Gen 5 did a makeover on just about everything.

BTW, there are differences in Gen 3, Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks, not just the roll mark stamping. Gen 4’s had a new RSA assembly, Gen 5 did a makeover on just about everything.
I am aware that there are differences. I only made a hypocritical comparison. Let's say Springfield took the current Hellcat micro that they sell and only changed the font on the slide, would you consider that a new generation or an the same generation with different text on the slide?

Shield 1.0 Released in 2012.
1686610073206.png

First Shield 45 acp released 2016 with no "2.0" on the slide. The font and text on slide coinsides with the font and text used on the 1.0 slide, but the grip texture and front cocking serrations are both consistent with the Shield 2.0 that was released just a few months later.
Polish_20230612_183114743.jpg

Shield 2.0 9mm released only months after the Shield 45acp in 2017 with the "2.0" on the slide.
1686609831899.png

Shield 45acp with the "2.0" on the slide. Released in 2019, and is exactly the same as the first picture except the "2.0" was added to coinside with the Shield 2.0 9mm slide. Now the text on the 9mm and 45acp are uniform. S&W merely change the etchings on the slide from being cohesive with the Shield 1.0 to matching the layout of the 2.0. Absolutely Nothing else is different.
1686609162429.png

I am aware that there are differences. I only made a hypocritical comparison. Let's say Springfield took the current Hellcat micro that they sell and only changed the font on the slide, would you consider that a new generation or an the same generation with different text on the slide?

Shield 1.0 Released in 2012.View attachment 40622

First Shield 45 acp released 2016 with no "2.0" on the slide. The font and text on slide coinsides with the font and text used on the 1.0 slide, but the grip texture and front cocking serrations are both consistent with the Shield 2.0 that was released just a few months later.
View attachment 40616

Shield 2.0 9mm released only months after the Shield 45acp in 2017 with the "2.0" on the slide.
View attachment 40621

Shield 45acp with the "2.0" on the slide. Released in 2019, and is exactly the same as the first picture except the "2.0" was added to coinside with the Shield 2.0 9mm slide. Now the text on the 9mm and 45acp are uniform. S&W merely change the etchings on the slide from being cohesive with the Shield 1.0 to matching the layout of the 2.0. Absolutely Nothing else is different.
View attachment 40617
That’s what I was saying, it may be the same gun as the 2.0, but you can’t call it a 2.0 cause it technically isn’t

Now I just got rid of the first gen shield 40 snappy snappy but I like the looks of it felt good in my hand also but too snappy glad I got rid of it . I heard you can’t give those away

Nothing wrong with the .40 shield, just like the G27, both are snappy, but the 40 in my opinion is a good round

View attachment 40611View attachment 40612
Ok, explain this, two listings for the .45 Shield, it doesn’t say 1.0, but there is one listed that’s not a 2.0, the 2.0 is listed after the first one…….and it’s not a typo…..
Now I just got rid of the first gen shield 40 snappy snappy but I like the looks of it felt good in my hand also but too snappy glad I got rid of it . I heard you can’t give those away
Funny you say that and so do a lot of others. I have one in 40 cal and like the gun--no problems with recoil.

That’s what I was saying, it may be the same gun as the 2.0, but you can’t call it a 2.0 cause it technically isn’t
It 8s technically a 2.0. It has the 2.0 grip, slide serrations, and every upgrade the 2.0 has except S&W changed the slide markings to be the same as the 9mm 2.0. It's not a different generation. Adding 3 characters to the slide doesn't change it to being a different Gen or model.

Well Anni and Bet7 are actually correct. Kind of. After this conversation I emailed S&W. I just got the reply today. Carey from CS dept said there are 45 ACP Shields that came before the 2.0. They are however identical other than the marking as long as you got the same configuration ( safety, integrated red laser, performance center, etc.)

Back