testtest

New Shield Plus

It 8s technically a 2.0. It has the 2.0 grip, slide serrations, and every upgrade the 2.0 has except S&W changed the slide markings to be the same as the 9mm 2.0. It's not a different generation. Adding 3 characters to the slide doesn't change it to being a different Gen or model.
You just don't get it, 45 Shields came out in 2016, PC version around 2017, the 2.0 officially came out about 2019, so the earlier models can't be considered 2.0, and I am not saying that adding the 2.0 to the slide makes a difference, my point is the earlier 45 shields shouldn't be referred to as 2.0 guns when the 2.0 guns didn't come out till 2019, I'm done on this thread, you call it what you want, I know what they are, not getting into any disagreement over this, sorry @nmedge for high jacking this thread about your new gun, my apologies sir!

Well Anni and Bet7 are actually correct. Kind of. After this conversation I emailed S&W. I just got the reply today. Carey from CS dept said there are 45 ACP Shields that came before the 2.0. They are however identical other than the marking as long as you got the same configuration ( safety, integrated red laser, performance center, etc.)
Thanks Bob!

You just don't get it, 45 Shields came out in 2016, PC version around 2017, the 2.0 officially came out about 2019, so the earlier models can't be considered 2.0, and I am not saying that adding the 2.0 to the slide makes a difference, my point is the earlier 45 shields shouldn't be referred to as 2.0 guns when the 2.0 guns didn't come out till 2019, I'm done on this thread, you call it what you want, I know what they are, not getting into any disagreement over this, sorry @nmedge for high jacking this thread about your new gun, my apologies sir!
In his defense, and to hi-jack the thread a second longer, this is the way the guns were described by actual S&W representatives immediately following the release of the 2.0. That's why I said the same thing he did.

It's here and it's magnificent! Very happy with purchase and free 13 round magazine from LGS.
IMG_1996.jpeg

Back