testtest

New Springfield Armory Echelon Pistol

The Springfield Armory Echelon: An Engineering Perspective

The after-market immediately responds with the Apex Tactical upgrades for the Echelon.

Apex are currently working on for the new pistol:
  • Stainless Steel Guide Rod (available at Springfield Armory’s Echelon launch)
    • Two versions available – Natural Stainless Steel and ArmorLube DLC black finish
  • Checkered slightly extended single sided reversible Magazine Release
  • Apex Action Enhancement Trigger Kit
  • Apex Grade Barrel – Semi Drop-in and Gunsmith Fit versions

inspired by Spartans.>??

does this mean that once we buy one, we have to dress up like this..??
That is one of the most dumbest things i have heard and trust me i spent 3 years in the infantry! Thought I heard it all until I read that, "Spartans", yeah that makes me want to buy one!
spartans.jpg

Well, frankly this is the first new pistol Springfield has launched since I've been here that I was even remotely interested in.
And really I am kind of on the fence a little about a carry gun with a red dot on it, but I am pretty sure I'm going to try it out. I have started doing drills with a doctor I met at the range and he has a red dot on his primary sidearm and I shot it. And I liked it.

Knowing me I will end up spending the grand and getting the new VP9. I really like the Holosun reticles. And the VP9.

Had a look at one at the range tonight. Looks better in person than in photos, but really looks like an amalgam of four or five other pistols. Has some weird angles that don’t agree with the designer in me. It felt good in the hand, I liked the sights - very easy to see without my glasses, and the trigger was ok. It felt like a less squishy Sig trigger. Range wanted $699, but they are the Gucci range and their guns are always pricy.

Had a look at one at the range tonight. Looks better in person than in photos, but really looks like an amalgam of four or five other pistols. Has some weird angles that don’t agree with the designer in me. It felt good in the hand, I liked the sights - very easy to see without my glasses, and the trigger was ok. It felt like a less squishy Sig trigger. Range wanted $699, but they are the Gucci range and their guns are always pricy.
Sportsman's Outdoor has them for $600 with the U sights. $649 ( I think) with the tritium 3 dots. Kinda moot since most people are going to put a dot on it.

The Springfield Armory Echelon: An Engineering Perspective

The after-market immediately responds with the Apex Tactical upgrades for the Echelon.

Apex are currently working on for the new pistol:
  • Stainless Steel Guide Rod(available at Springfield Armory’s Echelon launch)
    • Two versions available – Natural Stainless Steel and ArmorLube DLC black finish
  • Checkered slightly extended single sided reversible Magazine Release
  • Apex Action Enhancement Trigger Kit
  • Apex Grade Barrel – Semi Drop-in and Gunsmith Fit versions
This was exactly the thing I said was going to happen in my video review. Springfield is a big enough company that they will sell a bunch of these warranting aftermarket support.

Next will be other companies also doing modular pistols. A modular M&P is not so far fetched.

This was exactly the thing I said was going to happen in my video review. Springfield is a big enough company that they will sell a bunch of these warranting aftermarket support.

Next will be other companies also doing modular pistols. A modular M&P is not so far fetched.
We’ll see. SA has been left wanting when it. Ones to accessories and 3rd party support on their pistols. They’ve got a huge hill to climb to cut into Sigs business.

SA needs to do a better job at the distributor/dealer areas IMO.

IMO, SA guns are in the minority in the gun counters of all the LGSs in my area compared to other brands. If you don't know about the product the average buyer gets steered to other brands.

Only the Hellcat & the XDm 10mms seemed to garner enough attention by the average buyer for them to ask about it compared to other members of the XD/XDm family in my area,

SA needs to get aggressive at getting the Echelon out & about in the gun counters.

I was just like … hmmm.. well.. ahhh .. meh .
Stiff competition in the segment
If you are an XD fan, then its for you. I think it boils down to fan base. SA fans will buy it, Sig fans will buy their Sigs and FN fans will buy their FN’s.
I think this gun, and a Sig 320 line are similar. Nothing here to sway me to it .
I’ll stay with my metal SA 1911’s, M1a and the Saints thank you

I don't think the Echelon is a truly revolutionary design. After all it offers different features that have been offered on many of SA's competitors.

The removable FCU or COG as SA calls it has been around for years. So has the different size frame modules with replaceable backstraps. Ditto on the trigger with the dingus, the ears on the slide for easier gripping, the deep slide serrations, the grip texture, and others.

To me what is revolutionary is really two things. One, the VIS system. Instead of doing what some other manufacturers do (Sig) in an effort to push their own optics line by making the system accept only their brand of red dots, Springfield took a neutral position and created a system that will allow for the mounting of over 30 different red dots DIRECTLY to the slide without a plate. That's HUGE!

IMO the other revolutionary thing about the Echelon is that it incorporated all of those features that I mentioned before, plus the VIS system, all on one firearm. I think SA looked over many designs and picked out all of their best features and then found a way to incorporate them all in the Echelon. To me that's what makes the Echelon so appealing.

Can't wait to see one in person. I'll be waiting to see how they rate once they start hitting the streets, but one youtube tester put over 1000 rounds through his new Echelon in one day without a single hiccup of any kind, so things are looking good so far. But then the Prodigy looked great in it's initial youtube debut, but once they started getting into public hands problems started popping up. Let's hope that none of that happens with the Echelon. If it doesn't then SA may have a big hit on its hands.

Here in Kentucky past Springfield’s new product roll outs have been at the
(Kentucky Gun Company) which is over an hour from me, this time around it’s at a local LGS 20 minutes from me so I’m planning on checking it out and maybe pick up a hat.
I’d like to hold and maybe shoot the new gun but I have no interest in buying one.

I’m very happy with my current 2 (45+10mm) Elite handguns which are incredibly accurate shooting guns and although they and my XD Mod 2 Grip Zone Sub Compact 40SW will never be sold I recently sold my XDM 4.5 45ACP and SafariLand holster and got great money, just wasn’t shooting it enough to justify keeping it.

Back