testtest

New Springfield Armory Echelon Pistol

So here's my report and these are just my observations. 350 rounds earlier this morning and no issues, no malfunctions. Trigger is better than a stock Glock, I'd compare it to my S&W Performance Center Shield Plus. U-notch sights are great, easy slide manipulations with the deep groove cuts. Magazine release and slide stop are really good and I really like the textured purchase areas, really get a good grip on it. Recoil is very easily manageable so follow up shots are not an issue. This though being a full sized weapon I would think concealed carry would be an issue. Break down is easy however, since I'm carrying a Glock for a little over 30 years now, removal of the inside fire control component is tricky to say the least but I'm sure as I use and clean it more it'll become easy over time. I really think Springfield did a really nice job with this offering but mine is a keeper. Just my two cents....
Broke it down step, by step to make it easier for people to do.

I don't think you need to remove the COG every time your shoot and clean your gun, on my Sigs I just do it every so often, removal is not needed for routine cleaning, just my opinion, glad it worked for you
I definitely agree with this. It gets old after awhile. Not to mention every time you pull your FCU out you are 1 step closer to creating a post with the title “I removed my FCU and Now My Slide Won’t Go Back On/ Go Into Battery/Come Off”.

I swear 1 out of 3 introductory posts on Sig Talk is along those lines.

I'm gonna wait til SA comes out with the Echelon in FDE or OD Green. If wilson combat comes out with a module in those colors before then i will get a black one. if not for that the removable Unit is useless to me. this new beretta i bought has one. nobody makes a module for it. but the one on it feels good so i wouldn't change anyway.

I'm gonna wait til SA comes out with the Echelon in FDE or OD Green. If wilson combat comes out with a module in those colors before then i will get a black one. if not for that the removable Unit is useless to me. this new beretta i bought has one. nobody makes a module for it. but the one on it feels good so i wouldn't change anyway.
I have the Beretta APX Centurion (15 rounds), and bought a Compact grip frame (13 rounds) for it. I haven't yet tried to switch the frames, but saw a video of how it's done (Scootch00?). It looked fairly simple but I find the SIG FCU changes easier as I've swapped a few of those into different grip modules.

So here's my report and these are just my observations. 350 rounds earlier this morning and no issues, no malfunctions. Trigger is better than a stock Glock, I'd compare it to my S&W Performance Center Shield Plus. U-notch sights are great, easy slide manipulations with the deep groove cuts. Magazine release and slide stop are really good and I really like the textured purchase areas, really get a good grip on it. Recoil is very easily manageable so follow up shots are not an issue. This though being a full sized weapon I would think concealed carry would be an issue. Break down is easy however, since I'm carrying a Glock for a little over 30 years now, removal of the inside fire control component is tricky to say the least but I'm sure as I use and clean it more it'll become easy over time. I really think Springfield did a really nice job with this offering but mine is a keeper. Just my two cents....
Turns out SA (including Rob Leatham) were directly involved in the design and development process whereas in most previous HS pistols, they just imported them with their name/branding as designed. The collaborative effort really seems to have paid off. I dont yet have one, but definitely planning to get one. I shot one at the range and it truly is a great piece.

Turns out SA (including Rob Leatham) were directly involved in the design and development process whereas in most previous HS pistols, they just imported them with their name/branding as designed. The collaborative effort really seems to have paid off. I dont yet have one, but definitely planning to get one. I shot one at the range and it truly is a great piece.
I wonder if the Hellcat used the same process.

Seems like they took the best of everything and combined them into one gun. The optics interchangeable system is a big winner.
On the other hand a plastic gun just doesn’t interest me much.

I will take one of each if they offer 4" slide, and compact size with mag sleeves to increase grip size, 4lb trigger. Also nice if they could make a small mag modification to make the XD .45/10mm mags work in them. Unfortunately, I just don't need, or want, another 9mm.

Back